What Movie Are You Watching?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
We've been desperately trying to watch Revenge of the Nerds. So far the only thing we can find is VOD (with ads and edited), I've tried to torrent but there aren't enough seeders, I've tried to rent from Amazon and they want to force you into bundling it with a free trial of something. Sigh, this one does not seem in the cards short of buying the DVD online somewhere.
I'm a big fan of Movies Anywhere. Especially for getting my copies of 80s movies, since buying it there adds it to all of your connected accounts. So buying Weird Science, Real Genius, Buckaroo Banzai, and Into the Night are in my Itunes & Amazon accounts besides where I actually purchased ( strangely enough often M$ ) them. But when I looked for Revenge of the Nerds only #2 - 4 appear.

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.23.25 AM.png

Is there some rights issue that's making it so difficult to get a copy?

Added note: On the M$ store Revenge #1 is also unavailable.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm a big fan of Movies Anywhere. Especially for getting my copies of 80s movies, since buying it there adds it to all of your connected accounts. So buying Weird Science, Real Genius, Buckaroo Banzai, and Into the Night are in my Itunes & Amazon accounts besides where I actually purchased ( strangely enough often M$ ) them. But when I looked for Revenge of the Nerds only #2 - 4 appear.

View attachment 8239

Is there some rights issue that's making it so difficult to get a copy?

Added note: On the M$ store Revenge #1 is also unavailable.
Excellent question, even torrent sites have II but limited originals and those have no seeders, bizarre.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Excellent question, even torrent sites have II but limited originals and those have no seeders, bizarre.

It's the nerds, they've counter hacked all the torrent sites !

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
$9.19 on glorious physical Bluray media:

Then you can nerd out, again and again, in HD :D
I don't even think I have a player anymore.

Anyone else use Plex? I have a few hundred movies if anyone wants to exchange.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don't even think I have a player anymore.

Anyone else use Plex? I have a few hundred movies if anyone wants to exchange.

Hahaha, yeah, we have a couple of game consoles that we use for physical media.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I used to buy a couple of DVD's, then HD-DVD (yeah I went there first) and then Blu-Ray's every week when they came out,. Would watch them and then they got put on a shelf to maybe be pulled out once in a blue moon, mostly by my daughter or her friends on one of their all-night movie nights (her freshman year in HS, I converted her playroom into a home theater so she could have kids over for movies and I knew where they were).

But anymore, I get my movies 1 of two ways: stream them from whoever has it and pay the $3.99 or I have one of my DirecTV DVR's that I hacked and put in a 4T HDD that I do nothing but record movies to. So if it is a movie I know I will want to see, I just record it from HBO, SHO, TBS etc. And it sits there until I want to watch it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
“The Tomorrow War”. Yeah, most of you have already seen it, but I hadn’t.

Okay story, nice scenes between Dan and Muri. But having draftee soldiers with no training performing like a well-oiled machine was a little unrealistic…as was the scene when they’ve got six minutes to get out of the area before it’s destroyed, and they spend the first eight minutes of that (yes, you read that right) slowly and stealthily checking out the stairs before starting down.

Straight C.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
“The Tomorrow War”. Yeah, most of you have already seen it, but I hadn’t.

Okay story, nice scenes between Dan and Muri. But having draftee soldiers with no training performing like a well-oiled machine was a little unrealistic…as was the scene when they’ve got six minutes to get out of the area before it’s destroyed, and they spend the first eight minutes of that (yes, you read that right) slowly and stealthily checking out the stairs before starting down.

Straight C.
I did not buy the premise either. :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I did not buy the premise either. :)
Oh c’mon you guys! When the Civil War started in America, how long did they spend to train all those 16 and 17 year old boys that they conscripted? As far as the time part, if you can change the present, that future is stillborn and another takes its place.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Suicide Squad (2021)- Subscribed to HBO Max for a month so 4 could watch it. I’ll just say, I’ll never own this, it’s actually got me thinking that PG13 is better. ;) I chuckled several times, but it’s not the gore that turned me off, the movie is visually impressive, but blah, just did not click for me, and I really want to like Harley Quinn and Bloodsport, but the story execution was ehh, although she had a decent fight scene, her against many.

One quick comparison, in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Rocket sets up an ambush and just destroys to the tune of pop music, while most of this movie’s action was just numbing carnage. It’s the kind of visuals you might shocked by just one example of it, not ongoing. And I don’t need to hear “fuck” every 30 seconds.

I accept your disagreement in advance. :) PS, no $30 rental fee.
Just to reaffirm my feelings regarding Marvel vs DC story telling, we watched a double feature Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2. No new revelations! :) Then the Grandkids watched Ironman 2 and Avengers: Age of Ultron. :)

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I watched the new Paw Patrol movie twice this weekend. I'd gotten so used to kids' movies that still tried to appeal to adults with inside jokes that I'd forgotten there were movies that were solely made for kids.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I also bought a copy of SPY for $5.

I really liked that movie. Between Jason Statham poking fun at his characters, the mid twist, and for some reason the line of "slutty dolphin trainer" always cracking me up.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I also bought a copy of SPY for $5.

I really liked that movie. Between Jason Statham poking fun at his characters, the mid twist, and for some reason the line of "slutty dolphin trainer" always cracking me up.

I crush on Rose Byrne pretty hard. I only learned recently that she’s in a serious relationship with Bobby Cannavale, who has long annoyed me for some reason. That news depressed me.

Top Bottom
1 2