What Movie Are You Watching?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. I was just watching an episode of Two and a Half Men where the dim bulb kid Jake was watching “Jaws” with his uncle Charlie, and the kid starts whining about how “Jaws” is really lame because you don’t see the shark much. Charlie challenges him, “Okay, dumbass, name a better movie,” and the kid picks “Snakes On a Plane” simply because them snakes was comin’ out of everywhere.

Needless to say it ends up with Charlie leaving the room in disgust. 😄

No disrespect to SOAP; it’s just a funny comparison, especially because the kid’s an imbecile.

That is a way cool image though, and the movie is the very definition of “high concept”.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
LOL. I was just watching an episode of Two and a Half Men where the dim bulb kid Jake was watching “Jaws” with his uncle Charlie, and the kid starts whining about how “Jaws” is really lame because you don’t see the shark much. Charlie challenges him, “Okay, dumbass, name a better movie,” and the kid picks “Snakes On a Plane” simply because them snakes was comin’ out of everywhere.

Needless to say it ends up with Charlie leaving the room in disgust. 😄

No disrespect to SOAP; it’s just a funny comparison, especially because the kid’s an imbecile.
It's a cult classic because of HOW bad it is.

It deserves all the disrespect, but still is appreciated because it's movie carried solely by Samuel L Jackson's skill with profanity.

THAT is so bad, it is awesome that someone had the courage & film to waste. AND they paid Samuel L Jackson as well to recite that.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Guardians - a Russian knock-off of the Avengers. I was bored and thought “this might be fun.” It wasn’t as fancy as Avengers movies, and some of the characters’ powers were weird (one guy could make rocks float around…).

It was on Tubi and dubbed into English. In the end, I found it interesting to learn a bit about Russian culture by seeing their take on this kind of movie. Not a terrible movie, with decent special effects.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
:cool: o_O:love:

Warning: spoiler-y for folks who aren't up to date on their MCU films (including Sony Spiderman movies) :)

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Warning: spoiler-y for folks who aren't up to date on their MCU films (including Sony Spiderman movies) :)

If you haven't watched the No Way Home trailer, do not click on the spoiler. My rant is based on it.

I'm still annoyed that Sony didn't have the sack to do a Miles Spider - Man originally when they were bringing the series back, even getting Stan Lee's endorsement. Instead playing it safe and going the traditional route. I have no issue with Tom Holland as Spider Man & the route they went. What annoys me is that they keep lifting from Miles though. Starting with Ned, who is literally Miles' best friend Ganke which you didn't really get to meet in Spider Verse. Then they make Spider Verse, and now it's time to basically lift that and insert it into the Tom Holland / MCU version. I know they will eventually tie it altogether, and the new movie is a clever way to do a Sinister Six movie, without having to do the heavy work of creating a new one, but still so much has been borrowed.

Rant over.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

That’s some teaser. Pretty substantial trailer.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It deserves all the disrespect, but still is appreciated because it's movie carried solely by Samuel L Jackson's skill with profanity.
That fuckin’ Samuel fuckin’ Jackson.
That’s some teaser. Pretty substantial trailer.
I won’t watch trailers if I can avoid them. I was trying to explain that to a friend yesterday who insisted I watch the trailer for Dune. I finally said “dude, I’m either gonna watch the movie or not watch the movie based on how much I really remember from reading the books 40 years ago. I do not want to see the best parts of the movie before stepping into the theater.”

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll pivot to him for the next set of movies, especially since they're setting up, umm, "others" :D
I doubt it. Now that the franchise has been righted with Tom Holland there's too much value in having both Peter Parker AND Miles Morales.

Even in the videogame sphere, Miles has had a very popular presence, so Sony's stumbled on a franchise that now has TWO strong characters to build upon. I'm sure Disney would love to have a franchise where you can rotate in & out the main character allowing for more films to be made.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Guest (2014)- watched on Netflix, starring Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, Legion), a low budget thriller about a guy who appears on a family’s door step claiming to be a friend of their son and a fellow veteran (their son who had died during military duty). Soon after people start dying. Dan Stevens is a good actor, the story is intriguing enough, but is stretched at the end. You might kind of enjoy it, but maybe not. :)

521743A7-C967-4B9E-B19F-E0DAE7392740.jpeg

That fuckin’ Samuel fuckin’ Jackson.

I won’t watch trailers if I can avoid them. I was trying to explain that to a friend yesterday who insisted I watch the trailer for Dune. I finally said “dude, I’m either gonna watch the movie or not watch the movie based on how much I really remember from reading the books 40 years ago. I do not want to see the best parts of the movie before stepping into the theater.”
Absolutely true, there is real danger watching a trailer. :) I’ve loved watching trailers in the theater, but admit to be sitting in the theater and turn to my wife to ask, did we just see the whole movie?

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I liked this version of the trailer:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water…

426BED0F-A51C-41AA-B3C4-AD7F609EE15D.jpeg

“Jaws 2” is a lot better than any sequel has a right to be. That may sound like a left-handed compliment, but it’s not. It’s actually a pretty good thriller.

Jeannot Szwarc, whose name I was used to seeing on television shows like Night Gallery, gets to direct his first summer blockbuster. Unable to replicate the shock value of the first picture—the realization that there are monsters in the deep—and with Quint and Hooper unavailable to him, he wisely chooses to up the ante on Chief Brody’s relationship with his family and with the corrupt town fathers. Roy Scheider’s acting easily meets the challenge of carrying the movie almost by himself.

There are some great scares, another satisfying ending, and even a few laughs. For some reason the woman marine consultant’s line cracks me up:

Brody: We know that fish communicate by sound. You don’t think if one was killed here, that another one could come along and—
Woman (interrupting sharply): Sharks don’t take things personally, Mr. Brody.

A-

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
AMC+ free 7 day trial.
As a last ditch effort I caved and signed up for this, just to find out the movie still has "limited interruptions" I was out loud pissed. Immediately went back and cancelled that shitty service and spent the night downloading the torrent with 1 seeder (thanks whoever you are fellow seeder), desperate times call for desperate measures.

That AMC offering is terrible BTW, you can find other places to watch the movie with ads already without subscribing.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
As a last ditch effort I caved and signed up for this, just to find out the movie still has "limited interruptions" I was out loud pissed. Immediately went back and cancelled that shitty service and spent the night downloading the torrent with 1 seeder (thanks whoever you are fellow seeder), desperate times call for desperate measures.

That AMC offering is terrible BTW, you can find other places to watch the movie with ads already without subscribing.

Oh yeah, maybe, hahaha, I probably didn't set up the experience properly, i.e., it's not great :ROFLMAO:

FWIW, even after you cancel it stays active through whatever the trial duration - did you get it through AppleTV? Holy forking hell, AMC+ "inside" AppleTV is TERRIBLE. I imagine their standalone app is much better (at least in terms of pure UX).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh yeah, maybe, hahaha, I probably didn't set up the experience properly, i.e., it's not great :ROFLMAO:

FWIW, even after you cancel it stays active through whatever the trial duration - did you get it through AppleTV? Holy forking hell, AMC+ "inside" AppleTV is TERRIBLE. I imagine their standalone app is much better (at least in terms of pure UX).
I did it through Amazon but I'm assuming the ads (aka "limited interruptions") are ubiquitous though. I know major services like Hulu have that but most subscription models offer ad free for under $10. AMC can suck it, no way I would ever pay for that when you can already get most of this stuff with ads for free already.

Top Bottom
1 2