What Movie Are You Watching?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Not watching yet, but will be for sure.

The Many Saints of Newark is a prequel to The Soprano's. Loved that show and had no idea they were even making a prequel until today. So I will be a bachelor on October 1 because the wife was never a Soprano's fan like I was.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

The Many Saints of Newark is a prequel to The Soprano's. Loved that show and had no idea they were even making a prequel until today. So I will be a bachelor on October 1 because the wife was never a Soprano's fan like I was.
I’ll have to see if my kids are aware of that. Both were huge Sopranos fans. I didn’t have HBO then so I never watched it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yep, we are on deck.

James Gandolfini's son playing him as the young Tony Soprano is kind of mind blowing. I mean, holy shit:

1630677043348.png

Vera Farmiga as Livia Soprano, Corey Stoll as Junior Soprano, also starring Jon Bernthal, Ray Liotta, Leslie Odom Jr.

Yes please.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal and Greed.

I grew up watching Bob, Norm Abrams and Roy Underhill. So sad to see the Bob Ross legacy. I'm led to believe this account is mostly accurate.
BRI (bobross.com) sure fucked them, snakes that took the family name and didn't give a cent to his son, the only one who actually stood by Bob. They tried to get Bob to sign away all rights to his name while he was on his deathbed and he refused, so after he died they wanted to keep it secret as not to hurt sales, then went on to outspend and sue the son for the name. You've never seen such scum than the Kowalski Family.

Anyone interested in Bob Ross products should boycott anything with his name on it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Witches of Eastwick (1987)- Jack Nicholson tour de force, if you like Jack Nicholson. ;) Three women are taken in by a wealthy man for a more or less unholy lifestyle before they tire of his devilish ways.

6C1BB4ED-E494-491C-865A-3FD894FAED5A.jpeg

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Wraith (1986) - 80s. Cars. 80s cars. A very shiny black car. Space aliens/ghosts? A drive-in burger joint with waitresses on roller skates. Charlie Sheen, who seems like he is gonna be the star of the movie and then isn’t seen on screen for an hour. Characters named Skank, Rughead, and Gutterboy. Randy Quaid is a Sheriff who illustrates his storytelling with origami and puts a LOT of sugar in his coffee. Explosions. Did I mention cars?

1630725285325.jpeg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Wraith (1986) - 80s. Cars. 80s cars. A very shiny black car. Space aliens/ghosts? A drive-in burger joint with waitresses on roller skates. Charlie Sheen, who seems like he is gonna be the star of the movie and then isn’t seen on screen for an hour. Characters named Skank, Rughead, and Gutterboy. Randy Quaid is a Sheriff who illustrates his storytelling with origami and puts a LOT of sugar in his coffee. Explosions. Did I mention cars?

View attachment 8523
Discussed on my favorite podcast not long ago:

Watched this film watched this many times in my teens. it may have a couple of flaws 🤣

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Watched this film watched this many times in my teens. it may have a couple of flaws 🤣
I couldn’t believe Randy Quaid actually took a sip of the coffee… I am definitely going to have to listen to that podcast now. I wonder if Rifftrax or MST3K did this movie…

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I own it on DVD … :D

It's even one of those "jewel box" type cases, hahaha, and I love the cover art that's totally deceptive about the actual plot ...

1630763579571.png

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
MV5BNzhhY2Y3NDktM2JiYi00YmY0LWEzOGQtMDc4Yzk3ZWIxOTVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

This is one of those movies I only caught the end of, but what I saw was so engaging that I had to DVR it and watch the whole thing.

"Drumline" (HBO) is from a long line of films that started with "Cool Hand Luke", the kind about a wiseass young man, Nick Cannon, who can't help bucking the system. He's very good and knows it, so it's up to band director Orlando Jones to get him to fall in line and understand that it's not just about him.

Along the way there's a lot of good music, albeit of the college marching band kind. Don't wince--it's actually impressive as hell. This movie really showcases the complicated choreography and showmanship that goes into these programs. A-

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
TODAY BABY, 1 Hr 10 min to go:

Report to follow…
And after:

Movie gets a thumbs up although I’ll have to watch it again to decide if it is ownership worthy. :) Has a strong start, outstanding fight on a bus, gets a little muddled in the middle with multiple flashbacks for basically the simplest of plots as follows:

Shawn has a secret past happily living and working as a valet parking attendant in San Francisco. Both he and his sister are called home in a convoluted manner (lots of fighting being attacked, instead of an invite) to help his Father, leader of the Ten Rings rescue his diseased Mom, he believes is imprisoned in her parallel reality fantasy home land
:)

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Cold Mountain (2003)- A most dismal US Civil War story that portrays humanity in a dark light. That’s not saying it’s inaccurate, it’s just depressing how predatory, disgusting, and flawed human beings can be.

895DA822-F18A-455E-AB5D-F04C6BB62157.jpeg

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
TODAY BABY, 1 Hr 10 min to go:

Report to follow…
And after:

Movie gets a thumbs up although I’ll have to watch it again to decide if it is ownership worthy. :) Has a strong start, outstanding fight on a bus, gets a little muddled in the middle with multiple flashbacks for basically the simplest of plots as follows:

Shawn has a secret past happily living and working as a valet parking attendant in San Francisco. Both he and his sister are called home in a convoluted manner (lots of fighting being attacked, instead of an invite) to help his Father, leader of the Ten Rings rescue his diseased Mom, he believes is imprisoned in her parallel reality fantasy home land
:)

Saw it and kind of liked it.

Aside from a few cameos, this could have been a movie completely separate from the MCU. Just a big-budget action movie with asian mysticism and fighting. That’s something I really like, the movie can stand on its own legs even if things will turn out to be important for the bigger story being told.

Wong stole the show. As usual. And they handled the Mandarin “problem” quite well.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
New Matrix trailer is out, looking forward to this one. I was working in San Francisco during some of the filming and it was pretty cool.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
New Matrix trailer is out, looking forward to this one. I was working in San Francisco during some of the filming and it was pretty cool.

Ok, it’s been a while, last we saw Neo he sacrificed himself so there would be peace between the machines and humanity. Looking forward to how this story ties in.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jolt (2021 Prime Video)- Cate Beckinsale plays a woman with physical talents and an anger management issue controlled by shocking herself. Low critic and audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, but I liked this, and so will you if you enjoy a high energy, humorous romp even if it is unrealistic as she kicks butt all over town. They were not going for realism. :D

382E77C7-7552-4282-8DD0-44C181BD3B9A.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2