What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Titanic (1997)- Evidence as to why James Cameron is a movie making genius, further evidence: Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, and Avatar. Growing up A Night To Remember (1958) was the Titanic Movie. So I originally walked into this thinking 2 hours of ho-hum melodrama and 1 hour of excitement. Well, I was wrong, the story pulled me right in, especially because it was woven around a research vessel exploring the wreck. From the sighting, hard over, the engine room is amazing, reversing an engine, and the collision is brilliantly portrayed, ice on the deck, bursting seams, relatively young love trying to survive.

D653EBEB-B0E9-4825-95B4-4F02DFA43340.jpeg

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)- The Climax, great!
  • Lighting the Beacon of Gondor.
  • Gandalf covers the retreat from Osgiliath.
  • Faramir’s charge to please his father.
  • Aragorn recruits the ghosts of Dunharrow. “The dead do not suffer the living!” “ You will suffer me,”
  • Nazgûl swarm Minus Tirith.
  • Shelob.
  • The Battle of Pelennor Fields.
  • The charge of Rohan!
  • The Charge of Elephants!
  • Legolas dances on an elephant. “That only counts as one!”
  • Eowyn “I am no man!“
  • The Back Gate “Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?”
  • The longest movie prolog ever made. :)
E90708CE-6F7A-47F4-BD7C-F2C8476D3154.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
just watched the new James Bond movie. I liked it. I missed what happened after the main ending cause I had to go to there bathroom so bad.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just watched Black Widow on Disney +, thank goodness I did not spend $30, what a mediocre, over the top and forgettable story. 👎🏻 Granted over the top is a personal perspective when it comes to what can be swallowed in a super hero movie. :) This could of been much better, the gist of the Widow program, but the execution, tempo, and story details left a lot to be desired, and I did not like Taskmaster either.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I momentarily posted this, not expecting to see it in a thread about what you are watching. 😁 It has yet to come out.

That said, I had to watch it about three times because it's so weird...starting with that sound effect that made me think my stream had screwed up.

There's stuff I definitely like there. That Batmobile. The graphic that ends it. And yes, "I'm vengeance." :cool:

Gonna be a pretty dark movie. In both senses of the word.
Did I ever tell you guys I’m burned out on Batman? Gotham is such a dark city I’d never visit and don’t want to watch dismal stories about it. Heath Ledger as Joker was the pinnacle of the series, it killed him, and I now consider it a closed book. :)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Gotham is such a dark city I’d never visit and don’t want to watch dismal stories about it.

I have a different take on that.

It's occurred to me several times lately that with the decline in general decency and the rise in depravity going on in the US right now--the constant shootings, the naked racism, the crooked cops, the scheming corrupt politicians, the deranged people trying to run things, the powerless hiding in their homes--the entire country has turned into Gotham.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Watched Dune last night and all I can say is that it was excellent! It's 2:35 long and I was left wanting more, this gets 100% from me.

It's on my list but I downloaded the Scenes from a Marriage episodes and have to make time to watch them before time slips away and they expire unopened lol.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Watched Dune last night and all I can say is that it was excellent! It's 2:35 long and I was left wanting more, this gets 100% from me.
Was a big fan of the books in HS. Not so much years later. I was thinking about finally watching it, but 2.5+ hours is putting me off a bit.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

??? I thought that wasn't available in theaters and HBO Max until this Friday. Also I have no idea what "special preview at 6 PM" is supposed to mean.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Was a big fan of the books in HS. Not so much years later. I was thinking about finally watching it, but 2.5+ hours is putting me off a bit.
Best 2.5 hours you'll ever spend though, we were glued the entire time. Not only was the writing and acting all superb but the special effects were as well done as I've ever seen with any blockbuster of this caliber, it's visually stunning.

??? I thought that wasn't available in theaters and HBO Max until this Friday. Also I have no idea what "special preview at 6 PM" is supposed to mean.
Yeah, it got leaked somehow :whistle:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
82B81CD1-08AF-429F-925B-05E3888F1940.jpeg

“The Italian Job” (Cinemax). Always heard about it, finally saw it.

My son loves Mafia movies and always talked about this one, so I assumed that’s what it was about. I was wrong of course, but in no way disappointed. Cracking good heist/revenge flick.

And now I know who really invented Napster. 😄 A-

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No Time to Die. Worthy addition to the Craig series of Bond movies.
We went to see it on Friday (with 8 other people in the theater).

Bond may be dead, but obviously 007 is still alive and kicking. Might we see a new era of 007 movies without Bond?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
We went to see it on Friday (with 8 other people in the theater).

Bond may be dead, but obviously 007 is still alive and kicking. Might we see a new era of 007 movies without Bond?
Well…

Retiring the name Bond and rebranding the franchise as 007 would solve many problems. They might even give it a go, they certainly paved the way for it. In the end, they’ll probably just reboot Bond anyway.

Top Bottom
1 2