Worst states to live and work

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Somewhat surprised Texas is #1 (worst). There's no shortage of people moving there and they are pretty loud about how great their state is.

For people moving from a high cost/tax blue state to a red state I always suggest they try to factor in how feasible a return back would be. You may discover (for you) that the negatives outweigh the positives but you priced yourself out of returning as soon as you left.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
They are all red (GOP) states. What a surprise. ;)

What's so disappointing is that the average people living there don't understand it's not in their best interest to vote as they do.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Although I'll admit that I don't know much of Louisiana (ranked 3rd) as a state, New Orleans is one of my personal top 5 major cities to visit in the US. While my daughter went to school there, I got to explore the city outside of the French Quarter and I fell in love with it. Now I am trying to convince my new step granddaughter to consider applying to Tulane.

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Although I'll admit that I don't know much of Louisiana (ranked 3rd) as a state, New Orleans is one of my personal top 5 major cities to visit in the US. While my daughter went to school there, I got to explore the city outside of the French Quarter and I fell in love with it. Now I am trying to convince my new step granddaughter to consider applying to Tulane.
I consider NOLA a mandatory town to vacation at least once, but twice is better.

Reaction score
I work and have liveed in Texas my entire life. If my wife could work 100% from home, we would be looking for another place to live.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I consider NOLA a mandatory town to vacation at least once, but twice is better.

I went there exactly twice. The second time was epic because there was a music festival and it was Halloween. Spent one evening bar hopping with a trans woman of the alt rock variety. On Halloween night there was this guy pushing a shopping cart with a boombox blasting music walking down the middle of the street with about 30 people dancing along. Throughout the night you would hear them approaching and then disappear off into the distance. Completely random and fun.

However, I found it alarming hearing about the violent crimes that happened just off Bourbon St close to where we were at the same time night after night. It’s like a night in that area can’t be considered complete without at least one stabbing, shooting, or rape.

Top Bottom
1 2