Buh-bye Tucker

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wow, he's their biggest draw too but he's just too radical, even for Fox News.

Since it didn't unfurl for you here's the rest from WP.

Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News after Dominion lawsuit disclosures​

The bombastic conservative was the network’s most-watched prime-time host. Private communications made public in a recent lawsuit revealed his sharp criticism of Fox management.​

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Whoa I thought they would clean out lower tier hosts, I’m surprised they got rid of him too. Now I wonder about the rest of them …

Edit: @Eric Ah it could’ve been the criticism of Fox management. I see … still good, but yeah makes more sense.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And now Don Lemon at CNN..

Goes both ways, I don't care about their party. If they're radical they need to be rooted out. It's time we get back to regular news IMO without all the hyperpartisanship, the nightly news on any of the three big networks are always A political and you're able to get the day's news in just a few minutes in an unbiased fashion. It's just that filling up 24 hours a day with that isn't realistic so they get political and stretch it out.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Goes both ways, I don't care about their party. If they're radical they need to be rooted out. It's time we get back to regular news IMO without all the hyperpartisanship, the nightly news on any of the three big networks are always A political and you're able to get the day's news in just a few minutes in an unbiased fashion. It's just that filling up 24 hours a day with that isn't realistic so they get political and stretch it out.
I think it was less that he was radical and more that he was a jackass - the age bit was pretty odious regardless of whether he was talking about Haley or a Democratic female candidate.

Also we have to be careful about tit-for-tat false equivalency and the conflation of centrality with neutrality and of neutrality with objectivity. News should be objective, but not neutral (which always favors power structures) and definitely not centrality which almost always requires the abandonment of objectivity despite its claims otherwise.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think it was less that he was radical and more that he was a jackass - the age bit was pretty odious regardless of whether he was talking about Haley or a Democratic candidate.
That and I doubt his ratings were even close to what Tucker's was, that's a pretty big hit for Fox, would be nice to see them bring someone in the middle in but that might be asking too much lol.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The question is: will Tucker and Don open their own disinformation bureau, or just report directly to the Kremlin now?

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
That and I doubt his ratings were even close to what Tucker's was, that's a pretty big hit for Fox, would be nice to see them bring someone in the middle in but that might be asking too much lol.
No one at CNN has those kinds of ratings 🙃 … of course on the other side none of them was cheerleading a coup against the government and causing their network (so far) hundreds of millions in damage (though doing it with management’s approval). So you know it probably balances out 🤪

Last edited:

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
I‘m pretty sure Tucker will find some other way to spew his poison.
The question is who his successor at Fox News will be.

I would have bet that they fire Maria Bartiromo, because according to the leaks she actually was crazy enough to believe the election lies.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I‘m pretty sure Tucker will find some other way to spew his poison.
The question is who his successor at Fox News will be.

I would have bet that they fire Maria Bartiromo, because according to the leaks she actually was crazy enough to believe the election lies.
The rumor was that she was going to go … and Pirro too. But we’ll see. Frankly I’m not sure much will change since management approved all this and the main factor why, their audience craves this misinformation, haven’t changed. Their entire revenue model is based on feeding them more and more extreme disinformation. For management and hosts it’s the wolf’s ears/tiger’s tail - even if you don’t want to be there riding the wolf / tiger (and some of them do as you pointed out), you daren’t let go.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Since Twitter is now full of MAGAts they're losing their collective shit over this. The meltdown is real.
Including chief twit himself:

1682363284234.jpeg

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Supposedly he found out about it this morning, and the reasons have to do with him creating a toxic workplace and not anything to do with anything he said or the Dominion trial.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Supposedly he found out about it this morning, and the reasons have to do with him creating a toxic workplace and not anything to do with anything he said or the Dominion trial.
He did try to get other Fox reporters fired

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
cant imagine this friendly guy making work a toxic place its almost impossible to believe.

Top Bottom
1 2