Buh-bye Tucker

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
cant imagine this friendly guy making work a toxic place its almost impossible to believe.
There were some allegations made by Abbie Goldberg and others about a sexist workplace, use of the “c-word,” etc. Someone on another news network who is a reporter on media matters said there are whispers about some sort of smoking gun.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
The question is: will Tucker and Don open their own disinformation bureau, or just report directly to the Kremlin now?

Funny you should ask: RT which has been fawning over him since he came out so openly pro Kremlin wrt to the Ukraine war has asked him if he wants to join RT. They’ve been calling him out colleague for awhile.

1682365744785.png

1682365873488.png

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have always said Fox has a group of the most annoying people in the world- Tucker, Pirro, Watters, Gutfeld, etc. Take all politics out of it- they just seem like obnoxious people to me.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolded. The fact he had a show on Friday and this happened today with no closing show makes it seem like he was fired. On the other hand, he may have been pushed out because Fox wanted him to do/say something he didn’t want to and so he quit. Either way it seems odd Fox would not keep their greatest personality asset. Even if advertisers were dropping him, he still had massive viewership. Or he might have quit for some other reason.

For those celebrating that he no longer has a platform at Fox, Tucker is one of the few media personalities with a devoted following. I would assume he could go elsewhere or start his own podcast or YouTube show and people will follow him. If Carlson wants another show, he will get one and people will likely follow him. So I wouldn’t be too excited about that.

Next to Don Lemon. This was a long time coming and I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. I’m surprised it took so long. The stories that have come out in recent times of what happens behind the scenes makes him sound like a narcissistic psychopath- especially the whole thing with the sock puppet burner phone that was traced back to him. He has had so many awful takes over the past several years. He has bad ratings regardless where they put him. Evidently can’t get along with anyone. And if CNN wants a less polarizing outlook, he is definitely not the man for the job. On CNN he is the worst when it f comes to making arguments in bad faith. And his journalistic integrity is questionable much like Chris Cuomo after trying to help Jussie Smollet in his case while also taking his side.

As for being fired via his agent without any opportunity to talk to management- CNN has already refuted that statement. But if he is right, on the one hand, it is kinda crappy for an employer of 17 years to fire someone with a 3rd party- that’s not how I’d fire someone. On the other hand, I think there is a certain narcissism to demand explanations and probably the assumption one should be showered with praise before dropping the news that they are being fired.

The fact he was fired what seems like immediately after his morning show makes it seem like something may have happened today. Or maybe it was planned and Tucker’s firing was perfect cover to minimize attention as much as possible.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask: RT which has been fawning over him since he came out so openly pro Kremlin wrt to the Ukraine war has asked him if he wants to join RT. They’ve been calling him out colleague for awhile.

View attachment 23191
View attachment 23194

As disgusting an outlet as RT is, this is pretty much part for the course in media/politics these days. Think about how the left wing media treated GW Bush, McCain, Romney, back in the day compared to today. If Tucker starts badmouthing Fox after his departure I will bet you CNN and MSNBC will give him all the time in the world to speak and positive praise for doing so.

Tucker Carlson has for the longest time, so far as I can tell, been pretty anti-interventionist in terms of foreign politics. I have always wondered if Trump was in charge how the right wing narrative would be among these people. It’s quite clear to see having Ukraine fight Russia is a huge benefit to the US and Europe and at minimal cost. I think those on the right who oppose supporting Ukraine largely hold that opinion simply because it’s the opposite of what Biden’s policy is.

There’s an endless amount of doing the opposite of the other side just for the sake of opposition these days. We saw a lot of that during the pandemic especially from the right and left in their own ways. It has to be the dumbest form of politics.

I have trouble believing if the republicans take over they will just end support and allow Russia to overrun Ukraine, capture all the weapons and tech we gave them, at at some point have to deal with Russia invading other European countries. Which is probably why the voting among republicans still largely favors Ukraine. If for example Trump gets elected inevitably the “circumstances [will] have changed” or they’ll blame Biden and say the war has started and now we have to “finish the mess he started”.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Tucker Carlson has for the longest time, so far as I can tell, been pretty anti-interventionist in terms of foreign politics.

There’s a difference between being anti-interventionism and deliberately parroting even extremely obvious Kremlin propaganda. He even quoted the “I did this in MS Paint” “Donbas Devushka” edits of the US intelligence to say that the government was lying and Ukraine was losing people 7-1. Again no one was fooled by the edits, not only because the originals were floating around but also because the edits were that obvious. But Tucker pretended that he believed they were accurate so he could bash Ukraine aid. That and he’s been doing the pro-Russian line for awhile - he openly declared he was pro-Putin at the start of the war and asked what was wrong with Putin and Russia winning. So no his anti-Ukrainian stance goes way beyond anti-interventionism. There’s a reason the Russians love him.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For those celebrating that he no longer has a platform at Fox, Tucker is one of the few media personalities with a devoted following. I would assume he could go elsewhere or start his own podcast or YouTube show and people will follow him. If Carlson wants another show, he will get one and people will likely follow him. So I wouldn’t be too excited about that.

Bill O'Reilly also had a big following and I'm pretty sure he's doing a podcast out of his mom's basement now.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
There’s a difference between being anti-interventionism and deliberately parroting even extremely obvious Kremlin propaganda. He even quoted the “I did this in MS Paint” “Donbas Devushka” edits of the US intelligence to say that the government was lying and Ukraine was losing people 7-1. Again no one was fooled by the edits, not only because the originals were floating around but also because the edits were that obvious. But Tucker pretended that he believed they were accurate so he could bash Ukraine aid. That and he’s been doing the pro-Russian line for awhile - he openly declared he was pro-Putin at the start of the war and asked what was wrong with Putin and Russia winning. So no his anti-Ukrainian stance goes way beyond anti-interventionism. There’s a reason the Russians love him.

I haven’t seen that excerpt but I guess the question is it intentional deceit (track record makes that highly possible) or is it confirmation bias (which people, including the media, are highly susceptible too.

The way Russian propaganda tends to work is they take a standpoint that in effects benefits the Russian stance, and then amplify it. There is a real stance- held by some on the right and some on the progressive left that says why are we spending billions of dollars on a country we don’t care about when we have XYZ problems in our country and look at what happened in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam. Do I think this is a smart viewpoint- absolutely not. But I understand why people might have that (IMO superficial) viewpoint.

Some/many who oppose the anti-viewpoint whine that this is Russian propaganda. In most cases I don’t think this is the case. I think that’s a highly dismissive view. Again, it’s well known the Russians will amplify those that in effect support their cause. Our media does the exact same thing with our own domestic issues.

I don’t think calling this Russian propaganda is an effective way of challenging this- even if it is. Especially given how Russiagate ended up- or at least in the mind of the Trump supporters. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to actually argue why supporting Ukraine is worthwhile than demonizing those that oppose it. You might be able to change a few opinions that way, but that’s not how you effectively influence people.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen that excerpt but I guess the question is it intentional deceit (track record makes that highly possible) or is it confirmation bias (which people, including the media, are highly susceptible too.

The way Russian propaganda tends to work is they take a standpoint that in effects benefits the Russian stance, and then amplify it. There is a real stance- held by some on the right and some on the progressive left that says why are we spending billions of dollars on a country we don’t care about when we have XYZ problems in our country and look at what happened in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam. Do I think this is a smart viewpoint- absolutely not. But I understand why people might have that (IMO superficial) viewpoint.

Some/many who oppose the anti-viewpoint whine that this is Russian propaganda. In most cases I don’t think this is the case. I think that’s a highly dismissive view. Again, it’s well known the Russians will amplify those that in effect support their cause. Our media does the exact same thing with our own domestic issues.

I don’t think calling this Russian propaganda is an effective way of challenging this- even if it is. Especially given how Russiagate ended up- or at least in the mind of the Trump supporters. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to actually argue why supporting Ukraine is worthwhile than demonizing those that oppose it. You might be able to change a few opinions that way, but that’s not how you effectively influence people.

And no it doesn't count if you continually say "just joking" and then continue to do it.

It is not confirmation bias - I'm not kidding when I said the edits were amateur and that they were falsified was all over the news. Using those slides was intentional. The headline is being generous because the media refuses to call its own out unless they have ironclad proof. But let's face it as much of a moron as Tucker is, even he (and his producers) are not that stupid - they just love pretending to be for the money. Just like with the election lies, Tucker knows what he's doing and doesn't give a shit. So there's no other words for what Tucker does than Russian propaganda. I don't care if calling it that makes somebody squeamish, as it is an accurate description. Refusing to acknowledge what is happening is just burying your head in the sand.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if this was also done partially to lower the potential damage from the upcoming Smartimatic case. "We already fired the guy." Or I don't know if this would make it worse.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if this was also done partially to lower the potential damage from the upcoming Smartimatic case. "We already fired the guy." Or I don't know if this would make it worse.
Firing him makes it worse. It’s an admission of wrongdoing. Fixing it after the damage is done doesn’t mean that the damaged party doesn’t deserve to be compensated.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe he’ll take out Trump. He gets the same respect from the klansmen and Nazis as Trump does, without the legal baggage. Much like Trump, someone else is on the hook for the garbage he spews.

Fox’s problem is bigger than just Tuckems though, and I don’t see it changing. Tucker isn’t even fired for the things he’s said on-air, much like O’Reilly. And Roger Ailes was sent packing for reasons beyond how the network itself was ran.

I doubt they’ll see their “coverage”, much of it knowingly false, as the issue,

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Firing him makes it worse. It’s an admission of wrongdoing. Fixing it after the damage is done doesn’t mean that the damaged party doesn’t deserve to be compensated.

I just read that there were worse things that Tucker said about Fox that weren't made public but would come out in the trial and possibly one of the main reasons they settled.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Made me chuckle…

Carlson, who did not respond to a request for comment, has now been fired by all three cable networks, having been pushed out from his previous stints at CNN and MSNBC.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Made me chuckle…

Carlson, who did not respond to a request for comment, has now been fired by all three cable networks, having been pushed out from his previous stints at CNN and MSNBC.

Jon Stewart was directly responsible for his CNN firing, it was a beautiful takedown. It also shows how much of a prick Tucker has always been.

Top Bottom
1 2