Buh-bye Tucker

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jon Stewart was directly responsible for his CNN firing, it was a beautiful takedown. It also shows how much of a prick Tucker has always been.

I remember that vividly. I love when he called Tucker a dick.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s an oldie but a goodie.

His ideology will only be more in-your-face on AM airwaves or whatever other medium he puts his vitriol on.

He could run for public office, but I don’t know how that would go. He seems more like the Limbaugh type, happy to spew hate and stir shit up from the comfort of a chair or a golf course.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s an oldie but a goodie.

His ideology will only be more in-your-face on AM airwaves or whatever other medium he puts his vitriol on.

He could run for public office, but I don’t know how that would go. He seems more like the Limbaugh type, happy to spew hate and stir shit up from the comfort of a chair or a golf course.

OAN or Newsmax would back up a truck full of cash for him, if he wants to keep doing what he’s been doing.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I heard people calling into conservative radio today saying things like they’re done with Fox and this is the left coming for conservative voices. 🙄

One lady referred to Tucker as “the last person we could trust”. Which is true, but I think I know what she was trying to say.

He literally says one thing in private and another on air, and demands his network lie to people, yet that’s the guy they trust. It defies all logic,

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Fox viewer response on The Onion.

“This is a HUGE victory for American PATRIOTS…somehow. Because now Tucker can FINALLY SAY WHAT HE WANTS, which I guess he wasn’t doing before? Honestly, it seemed like he pretty much did and said whatever he wanted and it worked out pretty well, but now the DEEP STATE can’t MUZZLE TUCKER anymore, although frankly that didn’t seem to be the case previously? I mean, any honest reading of the situation would have to reckon with the reality that Tucker’s prominence at the network basically emboldened him to make whatever claims he wanted, although maybe the financial repercussions in this case finally worked against him. So that’s pretty much a matter of the market, rather than any issue with free speech. Which is why I am not totally sure why this is a GLORIOUS DAY for FREE SPEECH and REAL AMERICANS, but it definitely, totally, somehow is.”

🤣

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Imagine Ben Shapiro taking Tucker's slot. :oops: It would pull the younger people to Fox, but then there's the whole pesky pissing off their antisemite faction of the base. Decisions, decisions.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Imagine Ben Shapiro taking Tucker's slot. :oops: It would pull the younger people to Fox, but then there's the whole pesky pissing off their antisemite faction of the base. Decisions, decisions.
Ticks all the right boxes, angry, white, entitled, hates immigrants and minorities and is pro-Nazi. However, I think Fox will be more careful in taking this path as it's what caused them to be in this position in the first place. Is there room for a more moderate Conservative?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Ticks all the right boxes, angry, white, entitled, hates immigrants and minorities and is pro-Nazi. However, I think Fox will be more careful in taking this path as it's what caused them to be in this position in the first place. Is there room for a more moderate Conservative?

Some are saying this, along with the past firing and leaving from Fox and other networks, marks an end of the era of network news superstars which is also a dying industry. And while they may be making a hail mary attempt to court new media stars, those content creators are realizing they don't need old news media and all the shackles that comes with.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Can't make this stuff up folks.

Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News, but welcome on Russian TV​

The ousted anchor was offered work by state-run news channels in Moscow that echo much of his conspiratorial rhetoric on the war in Ukraine.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

And no it doesn't count if you continually say "just joking" and then continue to do it.

It is not confirmation bias - I'm not kidding when I said the edits were amateur and that they were falsified was all over the news. Using those slides was intentional. The headline is being generous because the media refuses to call its own out unless they have ironclad proof. But let's face it as much of a moron as Tucker is, even he (and his producers) are not that stupid - they just love pretending to be for the money. Just like with the election lies, Tucker knows what he's doing and doesn't give a shit. So there's no other words for what Tucker does than Russian propaganda. I don't care if calling it that makes somebody squeamish, as it is an accurate description. Refusing to acknowledge what is happening is just burying your head in the sand.

I don’t want to sound like I am defending Carlson- because I think he’s obnoxious and wrong on so many issues, including Ukraine.

I do now recall the “rooting for Russia” comment. I take that to be hyperbole/playing a character in the moment which he often partakes in, in this case challenging whoever he was speaking to convince him to support Ukraine. And as you and the article mentioned, he did walk it back. But let’s address the other claims:

1) The US is trying to contain Russian influence in Ukraine (independent of the war) - I think that’s hard to deny and has been a strategy of the US for over half a century. Is Ukraine a puppet state- I don’t think so, do we influence their decisions, more than likely. Does much of Ukraine want to align with the West, I think that’s pretty undeniable.
2) The Biden administration want regime change in Russia- well he has said as much (though that was walked backed and his admin has made it adamantly clear that is not a goal). Many on the left seem to be calling or very openly hoping for regime change. It’s hard to ignore the financial punishments instituted might induce regime change eventually by specifically targeting Russia’s elite.
3) Does the US left oppose Russia in part of 2016- I think that’s hard to deny but a very small piece of the puzzle. I also think the right is too willing to casually excuse interference so long as the ends justify the means. The left tends to overstate the effect of influence in 2016 and ignore that the Trump administration was quite harsh on Russia.
4) Nordstream - I’m not sure keeping open the possibility the US is responsible is pro-Russian. I will say Seymour Hersh’s reporting, as he recounts the events, should not be taken seriously. Let’s also not forget Russia blamed the UK originally. It’s hard to deny we don’t have a motive and the means and that our govt wouldn’t necessarily tell us the truth… but there are many other entities, including Russia, with their own motives.
5) Stating that Ukraines air defenses are degraded- I’m pretty sure that’s the case. There’s only so many systems and so many missiles for them, especially for soviet-era systems that are not produced outside of Russia (and perhaps Iran and China).

The article posted said he was “duped”. You’re saying it was intentional. I don’t know the answer to that- but the media puts out a massive amount of false information they never bother correcting. I am assuming Tucker didn’t correct his statement? I imagine he was not the only person to cite these false statistics. These are not uniquely right wing views either… they can easily be found in the progressive left.

As to his assertion that Ukraine is losing the war and the Biden administration is not being honest- I think it’s a complicated topic. Define winning/losing. Right now it’s a bit of a stalemate as far as I can see and has been for some time. Unfortunately, Russia has time and troops on their side while Ukraine does not- barring foreign intervention. At this point Ukraine is an existential problem for Putin and he will likely do what Russia has done forever- just throw as many men at it, by whatever means, until they win or he is overthrown. I do think the government/media is highly selective in their reporting. They are much more likely to promote stories of successes, humanitarian crisis, Russian war crimes/brutality than battleground losses or anything that reflects negatively upon Ukraine.

I think most of that is the responsibility of the media who overwhelmingly (and IMO rightfully/understandably) sides with the Ukrainian cause (as to do). Arguably that’s not what the role of the media should be in such cases, but that’s another discussion. The Biden administration is naturally going to spin their intervention as being successful- as any administration would do. I distinctly remember Biden, Psaki, Kirby lauding the the “withdraw” from Afghanistan as a marvelous success- a modern day Dunkirk- which in reality was inarguably and objectively complete and utter mess. So quickly they expect us to forget the images of people clinging to and falling from airplanes?

When it comes to most opinion content on cable TV most of it is out of context information, often zero nuance, pandering to the audience, and fear mongering/division stoking for the sake of partisanship. I’m not convinced hosts actually always believe what they are saying, rather they need to support a specific narrative. I think that’s exactly what Tucker was doing. He is not unique in this strategy but he uniquely successful with his technique.

I think his “departure” is for the best- the best interest of our country. I hope Fox and other networks decide to realign themselves with a greater sense of integrity when it comes to truth, objectively, and promoting harmony/understanding rather than division. Christ Licht seems to understand the need for this- I question if he will stick to that goal or be remotely successful. I’m not sure if Fox is onboard with a similar intention- certainly they won’t be public about it, but they only just started to incur the consequences they created for themselves.

I will reiterate though, I think the celebration that Tucker has been fired is awfully premature. Given his following and influence, I expect it to only be a matter of time before he’s on another network, creates his own podcast, etc, and brings a good chunk of his followers over. Maybe he’ll crawl into a cave and disappear, but I find that highly unlikely. And I have zero expectation he would run for POTUS now or in the future.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I will reiterate though, I think the celebration that Tucker has been fired is awfully premature. Given his following and influence, I expect it to only be a matter of time before he’s on another network, creates his own podcast, etc, and brings a good chunk of his followers over.
I for one don't even want to put that out into the cosmos. I'm still dancing a jig over his ousting from Fox.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound like I am defending Carlson- because I think he’s obnoxious and wrong on so many issues, including Ukraine.

I do now recall the “rooting for Russia” comment. I take that to be hyperbole/playing a character in the moment which he often partakes in, in this case challenging whoever he was speaking to convince him to support Ukraine. And as you and the article mentioned, he did walk it back. But let’s address the other claims:

1) The US is trying to contain Russian influence in Ukraine (independent of the war) - I think that’s hard to deny and has been a strategy of the US for over half a century. Is Ukraine a puppet state- I don’t think so, do we influence their decisions, more than likely. Does much of Ukraine want to align with the West, I think that’s pretty undeniable.
2) The Biden administration want regime change in Russia- well he has said as much (though that was walked backed and his admin has made it adamantly clear that is not a goal). Many on the left seem to be calling or very openly hoping for regime change. It’s hard to ignore the financial punishments instituted might induce regime change eventually by specifically targeting Russia’s elite.
3) Does the US left oppose Russia in part of 2016- I think that’s hard to deny but a very small piece of the puzzle. I also think the right is too willing to casually excuse interference so long as the ends justify the means. The left tends to overstate the effect of influence in 2016 and ignore that the Trump administration was quite harsh on Russia.
4) Nordstream - I’m not sure keeping open the possibility the US is responsible is pro-Russian. I will say Seymour Hersh’s reporting, as he recounts the events, should not be taken seriously. Let’s also not forget Russia blamed the UK originally. It’s hard to deny we don’t have a motive and the means and that our govt wouldn’t necessarily tell us the truth… but there are many other entities, including Russia, with their own motives.
5) Stating that Ukraines air defenses are degraded- I’m pretty sure that’s the case. There’s only so many systems and so many missiles for them, especially for soviet-era systems that are not produced outside of Russia (and perhaps Iran and China).

The article posted said he was “duped”. You’re saying it was intentional. I don’t know the answer to that- but the media puts out a massive amount of false information they never bother correcting. I am assuming Tucker didn’t correct his statement? I imagine he was not the only person to cite these false statistics.
No one else in the media was “fooled” - the edits were (deliberately as it turned out) clumsy and the originals were already out there and by the time he “reported” on them the edited stats had been thoroughly debunked everywhere. No he never retracted. I mean why would he? He’s “entertainment” not “news”.

And so his earlier “I’m just kidding” also doesn’t count for anything. He was sharing Russian propaganda (actually better than that in this one instance pro-Ukrainian shitposters deliberately did a bad put up job to embarrass Donbas Devushka). It doesn’t require him to sincerely believe his own BS or not - in private Carlson claim to hate Trump (and worse if reports are to be believed) but had no problem advancing the propaganda narrative of the Big Lie that the election was stolen. What he actually does more important than what he says he does or how he feels about it.

These are not uniquely right wing views either… they can easily be found in the progressive left.

As to his assertion that Ukraine is losing the war and the Biden administration is not being honest- I think it’s a complicated topic. Define winning/losing. Right now it’s a bit of a stalemate as far as I can see and has been for some time. Unfortunately, Russia has time and troops on their side while Ukraine does not- barring foreign intervention. At this point Ukraine is an existential problem for Putin and he will likely do what Russia has done forever- just throw as many men at it, by whatever means, until they win or he is overthrown. I do think the government/media is highly selective in their reporting. They are much more likely to promote stories of successes, humanitarian crisis, Russian war crimes/brutality than battleground losses or anything that reflects negatively upon Ukraine.

I think most of that is the responsibility of the media who overwhelmingly (and IMO rightfully/understandably) sides with the Ukrainian cause (as to do). Arguably that’s not what the role of the media should be in such cases, but that’s another discussion. The Biden administration is naturally going to spin their intervention as being successful- as any administration would do. I distinctly remember Biden, Psaki, Kirby lauding the the “withdraw” from Afghanistan as a marvelous success- a modern day Dunkirk- which in reality was inarguably and objectively complete and utter mess. So quickly they expect us to forget the images of people clinging to and falling from airplanes?

When it comes to most opinion content on cable TV most of it is out of context information, often zero nuance, pandering to the audience, and fear mongering/division stoking for the sake of partisanship. I’m not convinced hosts actually always believe what they are saying, rather they need to support a specific narrative. I think that’s exactly what Tucker was doing. He is not unique in this strategy but he uniquely successful with his technique.

I don’t think any of this is relevant to our discussion?

I think his “departure” is for the best- the best interest of our country. I hope Fox and other networks decide to realign themselves with a greater sense of integrity when it comes to truth, objectively, and promoting harmony/understanding rather than division. Christ Licht seems to understand the need for this- I question if he will stick to that goal or be remotely successful. I’m not sure if Fox is onboard with a similar intention- certainly they won’t be public about it, but they only just started to incur the consequences they created for themselves.

I will reiterate though, I think the celebration that Tucker has been fired is awfully premature. Given his following and influence, I expect it to only be a matter of time before he’s on another network, creates his own podcast, etc, and brings a good chunk of his followers over. Maybe he’ll crawl into a cave and disappear, but I find that highly unlikely. And I have zero expectation he would run for POTUS now or in the future.

I’m very sure that those looking for their dose of white nationalist moral panic will eventually find whatever voice is willing to give that to them. Right now, like Bill O’Reilly, who had the most watched show before Carlson and was fired, Tucker’s reach has been severely diminished. Whether Fox fills in with another Carlson, hell just Hannity taking his spot, or viewers flock to something else remains to be seen. But right now right wingers are pissed at Fox, Carlson is out, and I’m fairly happy with both of those outcomes however temporary.

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if this was also done partially to lower the potential damage from the upcoming Smartimatic case. "We already fired the guy." Or I don't know if this would make it worse.

I’m not sure how it would decrease any damage… just because you fire the guy AFAIK doesn’t mean FOX can say they wiped their hands clean- what happened still happened. And I would imagine all of Carlson’s communications can still be used. Indeed firing him could make FOX look more culpable, though I don’t expect FOX or Tucker to announce why he was fired. It’s likely FOX will settle with SmartMatic as they did Dominion.

While I think it is absolutely shameful and dangerous to do what Fox did, I still do think, based on the analysis of objective lawyers I’ve listened to, Fox would likely win the Dominion (ergo presumably Smartmatic) on appeal. If presumably the President and millions of Americans believe the machines were corrupted, it is arguably a freedom of speech issue, even if internally they disagreed with the accusations. How Fox could prove they knew the truth if Dominion will not make their data accessible for independent evaluation, etc. Even if I say Fox was liable, I think it’s very it’s hard to justify $700m+ in damages. But I suppose Fox thinks it’s worth it.

I for one don't even want to put that out into the cosmos. I'm still dancing a jig over his ousting from Fox.

Haha. I think he’ll be back. The video he put out (which btw got 25m views last I saw) hints that he will be back. It will be interesting to see what happens though. I imagine he has a non-compete agreement that will have to get sorted out. So I guess if we’re lucky he’ll at least have to lay low for a while.

Don Lemon on the otherhand I don’t see appearing elsewhere in the MSM or probably even the independent media. It sounds like no one enjoys working with him. The fact hit pieces came out about him recently (after the “prime” comments) makes me think CNN was prepping to cut him. The Tucker firing likely provided the perfect cover to minimize any blowback since obviously Tucker/Fox would overshadow Lemon/CNN. I’m sure Don Lemon will try and start a podcast that 10 people will listen to. It’s hard to say who is the worst at Fox personally speaking, Tucker is up as appearing highly unlikeable (not even getting into ideology and stupid beliefs). But I think Don was one of the worst at CNN, probably tied or slightly better than Cuomo. I have to compliment Lemon looks incredible for being FIFTY SEVEN.

What I always found most annoying about Lemon, especially in recent times, is he’ll invite people on his show, won’t let them get a word out edgewise, talk over them, then chastise them for being wrong, lecture them on what they should believe… and it’s like why did you invite this person on? Even if I agree with his Lemon’s opinion, It’s just annoying. Win the debate of ideas by challenging others, not by talking over them and using ad hominem attacks.

From what I can tell, Tucker would frequently bring on some of the most outspoken yet unknown radical people on the left with ideas probably ridiculous to most on the left -or- the most inarticulate nobody with a radical view and then just laugh at them to their face. Like your stereotypical douche from Prep School.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
1683145757304.png

Top Bottom
1 2