Buh-bye Tucker

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I will reiterate though, I think the celebration that Tucker has been fired is awfully premature. Given his following and influence, I expect it to only be a matter of time before he’s on another network, creates his own podcast, etc, and brings a good chunk of his followers over.

I for one don't even want to put that out into the cosmos. I'm still dancing a jig over his ousting from Fox.

I believe as of now, he is still employed by Fox, just not on the air.

For the reasons stated, he could pop up on another network or start a podcast and they probably don't want him out there saying whatever he wants. So they will keep him on the payroll until they can get a proper termination agreement with some restrictions.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

For the reasons stated, he could pop up on another network or start a podcast and they probably don't want him out there saying whatever he wants. So they will keep him on the payroll until they can get a proper termination agreement with some restrictions.
Thought I read somewhere that Fox News was ready to retaliate if he decided to go on the offensive but I can't back that up. Who knows the real terms of his departure though.

As for Don Lemon I really don't think anyone cared, CNN isn't known for their outrageous ratings grabbers but it seems like maybe they wanted to appear equal by letting him go, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

Thought I read somewhere that Fox News was ready to retaliate if he decided to go on the offensive but I can't back that up. Who knows the real terms of his departure though.

As for Don Lemon I really don't think anyone cared, CNN isn't known for their outrageous ratings grabbers but it seems like maybe they wanted to appear equal by letting him go, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Are you sure about that Herdfan? The way all the articles put it has been that Tucker has “departed”, “parted ways”, “left”, etc. Not just taken off the air. I’m not sure what they’d do with him if they’re removing his platform to speak but I imagine they are paying him a hefty severance. The only reporting I can see is that his old content is still on Fox Nation- but I don’t believe new content is being created.

I would imagine there is some kind of NDA and non-compete clause in effect that may or may not be challenged by Tucker. Or it’s possible they agreed to something as part of his severance.

If there was some kind of NDA and such in place, it could be voided with all of this stuff getting leaked lately some of which ultimately has no other origin than Fox and it’s employees.

It’s also possible who ever wants to hire Tucker might offer to pay a team of lawyers to try to break the non-compete, if one exists.

It seems a little absurd in my mind for journalists (I understand this is a very loose term these days, Tucker Carlson very much included) to effectively be barred from moving to another outlet (and perhaps creating their own media business). Especially for far less prominent journalists who don’t have any bargaining power.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
SNL made a good point - FOX is headquartered in “liberal hellhole” NYC. Tucker is vaccinated. So is virtually anyone he worked with on the show. Fox really is just a bastion of bullshit.

This guy (Tucker) is infotainment at best, with racism to spice it up. And mostly blatant lies at its worst… but still with the racism. Everyone on the network is lucky that their more severe lies occurred after the general election, or else there’s a serious question of whether intentionally colluding with and lying on behalf of a candidate’s campaign (there’s recordings) to help that candidate is ok “just because you’re media”, or if it constitutes a violation of campaign finance laws. There’s a similar story in Illinois in regards to far-right “newspapers” (propaganda) being distributed, and the publishers working with the failed Republican nominee for governor, a far-right Trumper himself.
Either way, there’s two kinds of people who like Tucker - racists, and people who like being lied to. Many are both. But they will be able to enjoy him elsewhere, and will no doubt become dumber and more racist for doing so.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Are you sure about that Herdfan? The way all the articles put it has been that Tucker has “departed”, “parted ways”, “left”, etc. Not just taken off the air. I’m not sure what they’d do with him if they’re removing his platform to speak but I imagine they are paying him a hefty severance.

According to this, yes he is still employed.

It actually makes sense. If you have to pay him anyway, might as well control him. Remember, Murdoch's sons are not conservative like he is. What better way to keep Tucker out of the 2024 election than to just keep paying him and tell him to stay home.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
According to this, yes he is still employed.

It actually makes sense. If you have to pay him anyway, might as well control him. Remember, Murdoch's sons are not conservative like he is. What better way to keep Tucker out of the 2024 election than to just keep paying him and tell him to stay home.

I can’t find any information supporting that and it’s not clear to me what they are citing as reported and what is their own speculation- or where they have sourced this information. I don’t think it was a mystery he had quite some time on his contract. It doesn’t make any sense to me why they would continue to employ someone and evidently not have them do anything. Or they’re completely misunderstanding what it means to bench someone.

There is no need to keep him employed just to “bench” him and keep him quiet when you have things like employment contracts, NDA’s, non-compete agreements, and severance packages with their own stipulations.

Or perhaps they are saying they decided to bench him and because of that he decided to quit on his own volition (or it was a strategy to make him quit).

In the posts own words they say “They don't want Tucker going anywhere and they're going to force him to sit on the bench for months as they recover from his departure.”
Departure sounds like he is no longer employed.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
There is no need to keep him employed just to “bench” him and keep him quiet when you have things like employment contracts, NDA’s, non-compete agreements, and severance packages with their own stipulations.

That non-compete would have to be iron-clad.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1683671682699.png

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I give him six weeks before it gets yanked. I don’t see this guy toning things down - probably the opposite. He was already pushing racism and xenophobia on his show nightly, lying to viewers, promoting all sorts of insane conspiracies and sucking up to fascists and espousing fascist ideology - I don’t see him getting better on a social media platform, which is where that garbage really grows and festers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I give him six weeks before it gets yanked. I don’t see this guy toning things down - probably the opposite. He was already pushing racism and xenophobia on his show nightly, lying to viewers, promoting all sorts of insane conspiracies and sucking up to fascists and espousing fascist ideology - I don’t see him getting better on a social media platform, which is where that garbage really grows and festers.
Well, I think both he and Elon agree that his hands were strapped at Fox News and he was nothing less than a tyrant on there. Can you imagine a Tucker Carlson unhinged? I say he'll go full and hard with white supremacy and likely incite violence, the only way to stop him will be something like the FCC stepping in, Elon will only enable him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We need a stochastic terrorism law. "Somebody ought to shoot the person" is not ok and should be prosecutable.
I actually agree with this but I think it also needs a little context. For example, I couldn't ever imagine saying it about a politician I disagree with, even the worst of them. However, someone like Putin who is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands, that's a different story.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
But I am not talking about you. You have an audience of maybe a couple hundred (to which you might make such comments). I am talking about people like Jones, who ginned up hatred toward the Sandy Hook families and screwed up their lives. And it should not take violence for a stochastic terrorist to be put up against the wall, even menacing should trigger it.

Maybe we should have a civil prosecution mechanism, where the harmed party could forward a criminal case without having to ask the prosecutor to do it, because sometimes civil action is just not enough.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But I am not talking about you. You have an audience of maybe a couple hundred (to which you might make such comments). I am talking about people like Jones, who ginned up hatred toward the Sandy Hook families and screwed up their lives. And it should not take violence for a stochastic terrorist to be put up against the wall, even menacing should trigger it.

Maybe we should have a civil prosecution mechanism, where the harmed party could forward a criminal case without having to ask the prosecutor to do it, because sometimes civil action is just not enough.
Right, and short of Hitler or Putin I would never make such irresponsible statements personally. Jones was taken to the cleaners financially but not held legally accountable for his deplorable actions, screaming fire in a theater has never been more acceptable.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

Tucker Carlson as everyone has probably heard by now will be presenting an interview with Putin.

There’s obviously been a ton of backlash against Tucker for this. I hope he used this opportunity to have a meaningful discussion and not some soft-ball interview that does nothing but to promote Russian propaganda. Given some of Tucker’s previous commentary and statements, the latter is not out of the question. The fact Tucker edited Kanye Wests antisemitic rants presumably with the intention to manipulate public opinion is concerning…bAmongst a lot of other incongruence between what he presented on TV vs what evidence suggests he felt behind the scenes.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with interviewing such bad actors so long as the interview is taken seriously by the journalist. There’s a long history of this occurring. Christiane Amanpour, known to be one of the top living interviewers, perhaps indirectly or somewhat inadvertently defended this idea by saying she’s been trying to get an interview with Putin for years.

The bizarre thing about this is that Tucker is dependent on Musk’s X as a platform. Musks’s Starlink has been used to aid Ukraine. Putin’s military/intelligence has tried to deny Starlink service.

Regardless of who interviews Putin, Putin promote his narratives. Despite that, there is valuable insight to be gleaned.

I guess we shall see.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope he used this opportunity to have a meaningful discussion and not some soft-ball interview that does nothing but to promote Russian propaganda.

I hope Biden reverses in age and starts aging backwards.

My hope is far more realistic.

Have you seen his show? He called the Ukraine invasion a “border dispute” and says the press is lying to the public by saying Putin is a bad guy. What world do you live in where you think Tucker Carlson is going to Russia to have a serious interview with Putin?

Top Bottom
1 2