Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not going as expected.

From what I can see the judge isn't sure Hunter understands everything in the agreement, so she sent them back to get all the details ironed out.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a one week bench trial in front of this judge about 2 years ago. I told another lawyer friend this morning that this would happen :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I had a one week bench trial in front of this judge about 2 years ago. I told another lawyer friend this morning that this would happen :)
The way it's being reported is that the two sides don't appear to fully agree on the scope of the agreement, do you think the judge's actions are justified under those circumstances?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The way it's being reported is that the two sides don't appear to fully agree on the scope of the agreement, do you think the judge's actions are justified under those circumstances?
It sounds like Hunter’s team thought this deal meant that there could be no further future charges, and the DoJ disagrees. Given that, then she did the right thing. That said, I wasn’t there and haven’t read a transcript, so information is still based on reporting by reporters who probably don’t quite understand what was actually happening.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just wanted to say that no matter who it is, if they are guilty they should be held accountable, Hunter, Trump, etc. I don't think the justice system "has it out for" or is "favoring" anyone, they're just upholding the law.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
AG Garland has appointed a Special Counsel to investigate Hunter.

Not sure why they would need a SC to investigate a private citizen.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
AG Garland has appointed a Special Counsel to investigate Hunter.

Not sure why they would need a SC to investigate a private citizen.
Because anytime it's political (the president's son being so) there is no way they can be perceived as neutral if the sitting president's appointed justice looks into it. Jack Smith has also gone after prominent Democrats, he's not just a partisan hack as the right would have you believe.

This move makes sense IMO, if something is there let's find it, if not, put it to bed.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It seems like it is pretty open-ended in that he can take it wherever it leads.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's a Trump appointed justice who's been at it for 5 years, he can now proceed without DOJ oversight. If Republicans aren't happy with this guy they never will be, let the chips fall where they may.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
It seems like it is pretty open-ended in that he can take it wherever it leads.

Why do I get the sense you are sitting there all giddy with this news? I think either way you are going to be sorely disappointed.

1. The special counsel doesn't find evidence from his broad investigation. Will you then accept that there aren't any Joe Biden shenanigans?

2. There is something found and charges are going to be filed against Joe Biden. *gasp* When you rush here, you will find that most everyone will accept that and say charge the man. This will probably be a bigger disappointment, because I believe you assume we will stand behind Biden and defend him no matter what.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Why do I get the sense you are sitting there all giddy with this news? I think either way you are going to be sorely disappointed.

1. The special counsel doesn't find evidence from his broad investigation. Will you then accept that there aren't any Joe Biden shenanigans?

2. There is something found and charges are going to be filed against Joe Biden. *gasp* When you rush here, you will find that most everyone will accept that and say charge the man. This will probably be a bigger disappointment, because I believe you assume we will stand behind Biden and defend him no matter what.
This. After 5 years of investigating I doubt they're going to find some smoking gun they missed. It sounds like some Republicans are still not happy but I guess that's no surprise.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Not here. 😉

I want the media to have to admit it. I want the shrews on The View to have to talk about it. I want CNN, NYT, WaPo to have to cover it.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I want the media to have to admit it. I want the shrews on The View to have to talk about it. I want CNN, NYT, WaPo to have to cover it.

Sure, they'll absolutely cover it. But in the end it will be a big shrug because nobody cares about Hunter Biden. Except the right wing media which will juice it up to get people stirred up, of course.

Everybody else is fine with Hunter being held accountable. Not a biggie. Kind of like Billy Carter.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Not here. 😉

What is "it"? If you're talking about the special counsel news, I actually first saw that on CNN. So that should please you.

As far as I know, at this point there is no other "it" at this point in time for people to be discussing.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not here. 😉

We've been hearing about it for months on CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC ad nauseam. I don't know what sort of BS they're feeding you over there at Fox but the world is painfully aware of this entire case.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sure, they'll absolutely cover it. But in the end it will be a big shrug because nobody cares about Hunter Biden. Except the right wing media which will juice it up to get people stirred up, of course.

Everybody else is fine with Hunter being held accountable. Not a biggie. Kind of like Billy Carter.

Hunter sure.

I’m talking about “The Big Guy”. 😉

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What is "it"? If you're talking about the special counsel news, I actually first saw that on CNN. So that should please you.

As far as I know, at this point there is no other "it" at this point in time for people to be discussing.
It's been front and center at the top of their lineup all morning. I think these guys making that claim live in an alternative universe or something.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

The “it” is if links to Joe.

Sure CNN has a story about the SC. I want them to have to admit Joe was on the take if that is what the investigation finds.

Top Bottom
1 2