Ilhan Omar to introduce articles of impeachment

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Having been to South Carolina and spent time with people there, there are lots of retirees who have very strong political opinions, which basically boil down to: PWN THE LIBZ. It feels very tribal.

I feel like (hope) with the new extremism in politics more young people will be voting. For probably my entire lifetime it's been old people who decide the outcome of elections.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The most hilariously craven attempts at manipulation bull shit from one of Fuck Your Feelings liars.
Does anyone think Graham is a closeted gay?
I think it’s pretty much accepted that he’s gay. The issue is he is not just a closeted gay. I have heard rumors of his having a preference for underage boys.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

Much like the other jackasses, Graham is just leveraging whatever he thinks might have a chance in hell. I imagine he just assigns one of this staff to type up this garbage anyway.

"Healing" should be about not feuding with governors and not showing preferential treatment to states that voted a particular way. Coddling the idiots isn't "healing". It's placating them until the next election.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Here's another jackass.

"...the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion. But if Republicans go along with it, it will destroy the party. A third of the Republicans will leave the party."...

And that statement is as partisan as it gets. Even in a case this obvious, don't vote for a conviction because, you know, party before country!

I don't recall that when Bill Clinton was impeached any Democratic senators said, "Don't vote for impeachment! It'll destroy the party."

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's another jackass.

And that statement is as partisan as it gets. Even in a case this obvious, don't vote for a conviction because, you know, party before country!

I don't recall that when Bill Clinton was impeached any Democratic senators said, "Don't vote for impeachment! It'll destroy the party."
The GOP desperately needs a new start. Now would be an excellent time.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Here's another jackass.

Trump already destroyed the party and there is a segment of society that shouldn’t be pandered to. If it was determined that convicted murderers, rapists, and child molesters tend to vote Republican they’d loudly demand they get the right to vote.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I hope this story has real legs.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1352994501401464837/

From the CNN piece cited in the tweet:

It would take 17 Republicans to join all 50 Democrats in order to convict. While the bar is high, some GOP sources think there is more of an appetite to punish the former President than is publicly apparent.

"There were 10 House Republicans who voted for impeachment. There were probably over 150 who supported it," said Charlie Dent, a former Republican congressman and CNN contributor.

The ongoing Republican whisper campaign, according to more than a dozen sources who spoke to CNN, is based on a shared belief that a successful conviction is critical for the future of the Republican party. Multiple sources describe this moment as a reckoning for the party.

The lobbying effort has included behind-the-scenes pressure by Republican donors, calls from former top Trump White House officials, and a set of talking points circulating among Republicans arguing for Trump's impeachment.

The 9-point memo charges that "it is difficult to find a more anti-conservative outburst by a U.S. president than Donald Trump the last two months." Other points include that Trump "urged supporters from across the nation to come to Washington, DC, to disrupt" Congress on January 6 and egged on the crowd, which was "widely understood to include people who were planning to fight physically, and who were prepared to die in response to his false claims of a 'stolen election.''

The memo goes on to point out Trump "tweeted and made other statements against the Vice President as the Secret Service was being forced to rush Mike Pence out of the Senate chamber and into a protective bunker." It's unclear how widely disseminated the memo is among Republicans in Washington.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Maybe Pelosi should hold up delivering the impeachment bill to the Senate since the trial's not for awhile yet anyway... there's time to add another article to the thing. This would seem to go beyond lying 24/7 about the election. So much of what Trump schemed away at doing is just so rotten, and he certainly found loyalists in the agencies and in Congress willing to go along no matter how subversive of his (and their) oath to the Constitution.

Anyway looks like Rep.Scott Perry and Trump loyalist Jeffrey Clark in the DoJ could be looking at federal time and since this dropped after Trump exited the presidency, he can't pardon them, so one could flip on the other and put Trump in hotter water than he's already in, at least with respect to the idea of his ever running for office again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2