Indictment

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the way Trump’s very own lawyers requested no electronics be present in the courtroom and the judge complied. “Your honor, my client’s skill at making things substantially worse for himself through his words and antics are unparalleled. For this reason I would like to request as little as possible be made public.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I like the way Trump’s very own lawyers requested no electronics be present in the courtroom and the judge complied. “Your honor, my client’s skill at making things substantially worse for himself through his words and antics are unparalleled. For this reason I would like to request as little as possible be made public.”
What will really hurt is a gag order, there's no way you're shutting up the Trump without sewing his mouth closed.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Truthfully it not being a spectacle is probably in everyone’s interest. It always seems to damage trials.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Trump DOJ told NY DA to back off because they were building a case. So they did and then Trump’s DOJ did jack shit. But hey, let’s investigate Democrats weaponizing the federal government.

Cohen claims he was imprisoned again to avoid writing a book on Trump.

I'm not saying I believe him, but I'm also not saying I don't. He was sent back to prison when COVID restrictions eased, after being sent home.

Point being, in what world does Trump have a right to claim political persecution - with no evidence - when Cohen does not?
It's also ironic that its THIS CASE that Cohen perjured himself, and yet its THIS CASE that Trump and his lawyers use to paint Cohen as a liar. (Which he was). But its kind of like talking someone into stealing something for you, then when you're implicated, throwing the thief under the bus. "You can't trust that guy, he's lying! He's a thief!"

It makes my head spin how blind the cult is to everything Trump.

*Just saw a shot of the now-indicted, one-term, twice-impeached, two-time popular vote-losing former president exiting from being BOOKED ON CRIMINAL CHARGES. Now heading to court looking defiant but unhappy, with a big scowl on his face.

It's a beautiful thing. (y)

*CRIMINAL DEFENDANT in court with his lawyers. :cool:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
And, as one Jew to another, I think you're incredibly naive or uniformed. Invoking George Soros by name has become a way to inject anti-Semitism without appearing to be anti-Semitic. Yeah, some people reference him just on the basis of how he uses his wealth to influence politics and society, but do you really believe DeSantis wasn't aware of the implication when he branded Alvin Bragg as "Soros-backed?"

So how does one criticize George Soros and/or people he gives considerable amount of money to for their campaigns with extremely progressive values without automatically being called antisemitic?

Certainly there are people, many people, who use Soros as the be-all-end-all scapegoat of a globalist conspiracy. But I’m not going to make that assumption unless there is a pattern of antisemitic behavior. It’s not naivety, it’s not assuming everyone you disagree with is automatically guilty of the most extreme negative traits and ascribing every possible comment to malintent.

But oddly when it is people on the left explicitly making comments about Israel or CPAC controlling the levers of power in the US, the same globalist trope as Soros, those comments are usually not met the same condemnation by peers on the left. In general there is selective concern for antisemitism, totally dependent on who is doing it.

In the case of the NYC election, Bragg won and was presumably backed by Soros via a PAC, which accounted for a lot of his funding. Money’s fungible but it’s not a crazy idea to assume this is how these things work. But Bragg actually spent far less money than the runner up, Weinstein, who threw $8m+ of her personal money into her campaign at the last minute. So the idea Soros “bought” Bragg into power isn’t really the case if we use the false assumption that those with the most money win. So on one hand you could say Desantis is just wrong if he’s trying to allude to Soros bought Bragg’s position by outspending because that just wasn’t the case. Or he’s just that Soros has radical ideas and this is the guy he wanted in office.

I’m sure we could find clips off leading Jewish Republicans using the same “Soros-funded” qualifier.

And as I have explained many times, I think Desantis is not a good candidate for President and is dangerous, perhaps even more dangerous than Trump. Desantis actually has an ideological agenda beyond self promotion and seems to hold some rather extreme and oppressive viewpoints in my opinion. I just don’t see the evidence of him being an antisemite at this point. That’s always subject to change.

It’s just crazy to me how much money gets shoveled into political campaigns. I wish that would be a conversation willing to be had.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
ok. It’s barebones, but there are hooks that allow them to go two ways to escalate to felony. The campaign finance stuff that the trump team keeps whining about, and NY tax fraud, which to me seems like a pretty way to go.

</lawyer>

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Happy Arraignment Day to those who celebrate!

Ahhhhh... "Criminal Defendant"... I absolutely love those words - they put a smile on my face. Though it might take a year, I'm now looking forward to the words "Convicted Criminal."

In the mean time, I'm hoping Fani Willis and Jack Smith will soon have some important announcements to make.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
So how does one criticize George Soros and/or people he gives considerable amount of money to for their campaigns with extremely progressive values without automatically being called antisemitic?

Certainly there are people, many people, who use Soros as the be-all-end-all scapegoat of a globalist conspiracy. But I’m not going to make that assumption unless there is a pattern of antisemitic behavior. It’s not naivety, it’s not assuming everyone you disagree with is automatically guilty of the most extreme negative traits and ascribing every possible comment to malintent.

But oddly when it is people on the left explicitly making comments about Israel or CPAC controlling the levers of power in the US, the same globalist trope as Soros, those comments are usually not met the same condemnation by peers on the left. In general there is selective concern for antisemitism, totally dependent on who is doing it.

In the case of the NYC election, Bragg won and was presumably backed by Soros via a PAC, which accounted for a lot of his funding. Money’s fungible but it’s not a crazy idea to assume this is how these things work. But Bragg actually spent far less money than the runner up, Weinstein, who threw $8m+ of her personal money into her campaign at the last minute. So the idea Soros “bought” Bragg into power isn’t really the case if we use the false assumption that those with the most money win. So on one hand you could say Desantis is just wrong if he’s trying to allude to Soros bought Bragg’s position by outspending because that just wasn’t the case. Or he’s just that Soros has radical ideas and this is the guy he wanted in office.

I’m sure we could find clips off leading Jewish Republicans using the same “Soros-funded” qualifier.

And as I have explained many times, I think Desantis is not a good candidate for President and is dangerous, perhaps even more dangerous than Trump. Desantis actually has an ideological agenda beyond self promotion and seems to hold some rather extreme and oppressive viewpoints in my opinion. I just don’t see the evidence of him being an antisemite at this point. That’s always subject to change.

It’s just crazy to me how much money gets shoveled into political campaigns. I wish that would be a conversation willing to be had.
Invoking George Soros's name to introduce veiled anti-Semitism is similar to what has happened throughout Jewish history. I don't know if DeSantis is anti-Semitic, but he surely knew how his characterization of Bragg would be taken by many. And, yes, there are ways to criticize George Soros or any other similar donor without being branded as anti-Semitic (or anti-anything), if it's done thoughtfully.

TBH, I am against unlimited channeling of money to political campaigns by wealthy individuals, regardless of their ideology. I support public funding and a much shorter campaign season, as I do abolishing the Electoral College. I doubt whether any of these reforms will ever come to pass, however.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
MTG. I knew it would be one of the usual suspects to make that comment. 🙄

“Trump is joining some of the most incredible people in history being arrested today,” she told Glenn in the backseat of her car. Nelson Mandela was arrested, served time in prison. Jesus! Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government. There have been many people throughout history that have been arrested and persecuted by radical, corrupt governments, and it’s beginning today in New York City.”

I was once held two hours after being picked up walking home drunk, and charged with trespassing and criminal trespass. The charges were dropped. I guess I’m worthy of a novel, movie and maybe political office because I spent two hours in county.

But yeah, Trump… no, he’s the REAL hero here.

Top Bottom
1 2