Is Biden Really in Charge?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Let's see those Trump posts with the same outrage, I'll wait. Otherwise, as long as you're only flabergasted when Biden does it literally nobody will take you seriously.

Uhm...last time I checked, Biden is the president. How about we stick to current events?

Like this current.. https://nypost.com/2021/08/09/priva...w-obamas-party-was-height-of-elite-hypocrisy/
So that's a no. Dude, NOBODY is going to take you seriously if you've never questioned Trump on this exact same issue after every sign and symptom he's shown, get real.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
So that's a no. Dude, NOBODY is going to take you seriously if you've never questioned Trump on this exact same issue after every sign and symptom he's shown, get real.
So you know my whole history?

Topic is Biden. Biden is the current president. Yet you tell me that nobody...wait...NOBODY...will take me serious because I haven't questioned Trump on this exact same issue?

Dude, where's your Nixon posts or Truman's or Lincolns? I mean, if you want to go to past presidents, why limit yourself to just Trump?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So you know my whole history?

Topic is Biden. Biden is the current president. Yet you tell me that nobody...wait...NOBODY...will take me serious because I haven't questioned Trump on this exact same issue?

Dude, where's your Nixon posts or Truman's or Lincolns? I mean, if you want to go to past presidents, why limit yourself to just Trump?
I get it man, you've been questioning presidents' cognitive decline since 2021, it's all very noble of you.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I wonder how many people simply don't want to see.

I will admit I did not want to see it with Trump. And other than a few stumbles, I actually didn't see it. But Biden is having issues.

One thing we did know about Trump, he couldn't be handled. He did and said what he wanted, when he wanted. I don't think the same can be said about Biden. I think he will do and say what he is told to do and say. Of course this is just my opinion and I am on record in this thread that he doesn't finish his term.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I will admit I did not want to see it with Trump. And other than a few stumbles, I actually didn't see it. But Biden is having issues.

One thing we did know about Trump, he couldn't be handled. He did and said what he wanted, when he wanted. I don't think the same can be said about Biden. I think he will do and say what he is told to do and say. Of course this is just my opinion and I am on record in this thread that he doesn't finish his term.
I think he's elderly and if one wants to nitpick about subtle signs of decline they're going to find it. The same goes for Trump. So I do get that, but when one completely ignored it with Trump and are now suddenly enlightened it's disingenuous at best is all.

That said, both Trump and Biden walk better than I do and I'm in my 50s :ROFLMAO:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

They're both too old for the job. The baton should never have been passed back from Obama's generation, period.

Nonetheless I'll take Biden's delegated style of governance any day which is why I voted for him. It was a vote for competence.

And I scoff at the idea Biden would "do and say what hs is told to do and say," Joe Biden? All sane presidents will be guided by expert advisors but they still do get to make the decisions and suffer the political consequences of any calls that may reflect personal preference more than consensus of their party from time to time.

As far as Trump doing what he wanted when he wanted, that was not actually his constitutional brief, which the congress and courts were ready to remind him from time to time. Not that he learned anything from what they said because he only cares about himself 24/7/365.

Joe Biden has worked with administrations and legislators for decades, and across the aisle at that. If he appears to be doing what "someone else" suggests, it's probably because a majority of Americans are actually that someone else. Both his Congessional floor leaders are skilled vote counters and I can't vouch for Mr. FlipFlop K McCarthy but McConnell's certainly no slouch at that either. Biden is extricating America from a 20-year war. You think he can do that all by himself or would take advice from just one person on that?

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
I usually listen with the sound off, so never noticed it. Sorry, was looking for one that would allow people to make their own assessment.

giphy.gif

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Watch this video with an open mind.

I just did. Was I supposed to believe the robot voice? I turned it off and just watched the video. It looks like the secret service had setup a special path for some reason (note the temporary walkway) and were directing him to follow it. There could have been a threat so he took a different path than usual, or the usual sidewalk was blocked or something. But no… let’s jump straight to “Biden will die before 2024.”

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score

One thing we did know about Trump, he couldn't be handled. He did and said what he wanted, when he wanted.
This is what I wondered every single day of Trump's term. It truly boggled my mind. It still does.
I'll take Biden's delegated style of governance any day which is why I voted for him. It was a vote for competence.

I scoff at the idea Biden would "do and say what he's is told to do and say," Joe Biden? All sane presidents will be guided by expert advisors but they still do get to make the decisions and suffer the political consequences of any calls that may reflect personal preference more than consensus of their party from time to time.

As far as Trump doing what he wanted when he wanted, that was not actually his constitutional brief, which the congress and courts were ready to remind him from time to time. Not that he learned anything from what they said because he only cares about himself 24/7/365.

Joe Biden has worked with administrations and legislators for decades, and across the aisle at that. If he appears to be doing what "someone else" suggests, it's probably because a majority of Americans are actually that someone else. Both his Congressional floor leaders are skilled vote counters and I can't vouch for Mr. FlipFlop K McCarthy but McConnell's certainly no slouch at that either. Biden is extricating America from a 20-year war. You think he can do that all by himself or would take advice from just one person on that?
ALL of the above, especially the bolded parts.

I do not miss for one nanosecond getting up concerned/embarrassed/angry/you-name-it, over what the orange stain had gone off the deep end tweeting in the wee hours. Or any hour for that matter.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
They're both too old for the job. The baton should never have been passed back from Obama's generation, period.
Agree. I actually thought Obama in his late 40's was too young, but I also wonder if he was just using 2008 to get his name out there for 2012 or even 2016 and didn't really expect to beat Hillary.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

No really. I keep my sound off because I hate when you are browsing and a video in another tab starts making noise and you have to go find it. Just easier to keep it muted unless you want to hear something. Then you go find the tab with the noise, starting with ESPN.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
I get it man, you've been questioning presidents' cognitive decline since 2021, it's all very noble of you.
Considering I joined up here July 2021, not sure how I could travel back in time and start making posts about Trump when he was president. Can you show me how to do that?

Your arguments towards me is rather strange. Is this a closed loop where members are only allowed to have 1 opinion and if someone disagrees or posts something the opposite of what YOU think, they are to be disbelieved?

Sorry, if that's the way this board is run, then I'll just bow out.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Considering I joined up here July 2021, not sure how I could travel back in time and start making posts about Trump when he was president. Can you show me how to do that?

Your arguments towards me is rather strange. Is this a closed loop where members are only allowed to have 1 opinion and if someone disagrees or posts something the opposite of what YOU think, they are to be disbelieved?

Please don’t - people are free to get spicy with their opinions here, but it is allowed to go both ways. If you think somebody else is posting BS, you are welcome, nay… encouraged to call them out.

I’m ok with taking the focus off Trump. That being said, I think it’s reasonable and helpful to compare the current President to past presidents. When we have elections, we’re comparing the last 4 years of one president against potential replacements. In 2024, we might have a past President give it another go (Trump), so I assume all comparisons will be fair game if he announces his candidacy for ‘24?

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
Please don’t - people are free to get spicy with their opinions here, but it is allowed to go both ways. If you think somebody else is posting BS, you are welcome, nay… encouraged to call them out.
Thanks. Maybe I should just bow out of the political section. Not sure why I came in this area in the first place. I should have kept to my own rules: never talk about politics or religion as I will never change their mind and they won't change mine.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe I should just bow out of the political section. Not sure why I came in this area in the first place. I should have kept to my own rules: never talk about politics or religion as I will never change their mind and they won't change mine.
We aren’t likely to change each other’s minds directly… however, IMHO - the discussions, if all members argue honestly, often lead to me looking things up, finding stories I hadn’t seen before… finding sources or websites I hadn’t seen before; hearing perspectives I hadn’t heard before. In the end, I learn something. That’s what I end up getting out of it…

I get a bit “vocal” from time to time (ok all the time) but please don’t take it personally.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Nobody said you can't have an opinion, not that I can see. But this isn't the right wing echo chamber MR is, giving Trump a free pass when he was clearly far worse than Biden is going to be questioned.

The bigger question is whether or not you can deal with being challenged on it, in the end that is your call but nobody is stopping you from saying anything at this site, your posts won't be edited, you won't be warned, etc. we don't do that here.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Watch any of his speeches.

I saw this one and was flabergasted

It’s not a good sign when instead of seeing a clip of Biden talking, we get a podcast of some random dude commenting on Biden talking and trying to tell us what we should/shouldn’t think about it.

It just so happens I saw that Town Hall live and didn’t think he came off badly. Biden’s not nearly as eloquent as Obama, but you’ll notice he didn’t rely on Trump’s oral flatulence like “people are saying” or “we’re going to announce something very very big very very soon”. That was concerning and made me think Trump couldn’t put together an intelligent thought.

Top Bottom
1 2