Kanye West, the media's predictable cycle, and the rise of reactionism

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The only kind of shoes I have bought in the last about decade or so are
I had a pair of Vibrams about 15 years ago. Can’t wear anything like that today cause of my neuropathy, but boy were they comfortable!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The only kind of shoes I have bought in the last about decade or so are
vibram-fivefingers-v-trek-shoes-black-black-20-2.jpg
I choose to believe this.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I wear DC sneakers about 95% of the time :D I have a pair I haven't even worn yet (I score them when they're on sale, and just stash them, since I know the fitment really well).

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
seem, his partner in crime Candice Owens is getting him to buy the turd her husband wants to flush that is parlor. so she is using him to unload that onto him. it has maybe 50,000 uses and si about to go under.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, the more he goes off the deep end, the MAGA cult seems to be embracing him.

Republicans like to pretend they're not racist and/or anti-Semitic, but you'll have to forgive me for not overlooking his White Lives Matter and anti-Jewish comments as being part of the reason the right is taking a keen interest in him.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Someone sent me a clip of Kanye on the Lex Friedman podcast. Kanye makes the claim all black people are Jews. That abortion is worse than the Holocaust. And that it is Jews that control the media and are obsessed with money.

This man is clearly not mentally well and deserves help. I’m not sure why the ramblings of an insane man garners so much attention. This is no different that what you commonly hear out of psychotic homeless people. it’s all too common for psychotic people’s paranoia and irrationality to lead them into believing conspiracy theories.

I have a friend that’s friends with Lex. They went to MIT together. I’ve never met him or really watched him but he seems quite intelligent. My friend’s suspicion is that Lex put him on the podcast mainly to push back upon his rather antisemetic claims, which he did do.

I sincerely hope Kanye gets the help he needs. He’s a brilliant artist, but his mental health troubles seem to be destroying his life bit by bit- even without of his antisemitic beliefs. And to be clear conservative values or even antisemitic beliefs does not make someone insane. It’s the other facets of his behavior.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
as long as he benefits the right they don't care. look at trump I think he may believe all the election lies crap he spouts. but people adore him. the least is he is a sociopath. there is no compassion for anyone in him. look at how the right has fallen for QAnon

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He needs to double down and announce the Fuck All Ye'll Isreal concert tour.

He's the Lindsay Lohan of rap, a solid start followed by decades of chaos and self-important mediocrity. They need to date and the media will dub them LindsYe. Then meteorologists can jump on the bandwagon and name the next major weather buildup Tropical Depression LindsYe. God, we’re a dumb species.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 215

A leftist friend of mine pointed out that Kanye has been problematic for years, claiming that slavery is a choice and making other anti-black statements, but none of his contracts were terminated for that. He asked the question if Trump made anti-Semitic statements, would that finally get him canceled? Anti-Semitism does seem to be the "final frontier" in terms of what society is not willing to put up with.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A leftist friend of mine pointed out that Kanye has been problematic for years, claiming that slavery is a choice and making other anti-black statements, but none of his contracts were terminated for that. He asked the question if Trump made anti-Semitic statements, would that finally get him canceled? Anti-Semitism does seem to be the "final frontier" in terms of what society is not willing to put up with.
Trump has made anti-Semitic comments on numerous occasions. But because he moved the Israeli embassy….

Meanwhile the organization Zionists of America are having him and McCarthy as guest speakers at their annual convention. I cannot tell you how that angers me.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
Kanye is a self centered, fake woke, asshole. But IMO his statements were far from being anti-semitic, and he doesn't deserve the backlash/blackballing he's getting. Anyone that actually listened to the full interview on Drink Champs knows he was directing his frustrations at execs of multiple companies (including the music industry) which the majority are Jewish. He never spoke any derogatory slurs, he never spoke of any derogatory stereotypes. What he did was take the common denominator of the majority that controls the entertainment and fashion business and call them out as a group, which happens to be Jewish. I'm sure if the majority of those execs were women, Muslim, Latin, or etc, he would have made the same remarks. And personally, I see nothing wrong with that. As a black American, it's done to us all the time, and in many cases rightfully so.

Now I will admit. Kanye could have chose his words more carefully. He's the type of idiot that gets carried away. Especially on twitter. Saying he's going to go "Death con 3 on Jewish people" was idiotic, and not even spelled correctly. But on the flip side, anyone that acts like that statement was some war cry to physically go to war with Jewish people are just as idiotic.

If you're a part of any group by religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, and etc, and an someone points some issues that the majority of people involved are part of a specific group, then anyone should have the right to call it out, without being labeled an anti whatever or racist. No group pf people, including the Jewish, should be above reproach.

D

Deleted member 215

But he’s also spouting “Black Israelite” nonsense, which is unapologetically anti-Semitic.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
But he’s also spouting “Black Israelite” nonsense, which is unapologetically anti-Semitic.

Some blacks believe they are the descendants of original Hebrews/Israelites. How is that anti-Semitic? People can't have beliefs that deviate from systematic teachings?

D

Deleted member 215

Black Israelite movements have a long history of entrenched anti-Semitism. If it quacks like a duck…

Top Bottom
1 2