Mob storms Capitol

U

User.45

Earlier this week Fox posted a big top story about some supposed big Antifa rally happing in Portland. They went with their usual "The left doesn't care about these thugs and lets them get away with anything" schtick but then almost comically the pictures they chose to use to go along with the story made it appear that there was like a 5 to 1 police to protestor ratio. Maybe I'm dumb, but that doesn't look like the response you would get from a local government that doesn't give a shit. To me visual proof of not giving a shit would be more like the security detail at the January 6th capitol rally. But maybe I'm just biased or a black man trapped in a white man's body.
Exactly. The size of the anticipatory police force is the single most objective measure as to how seriously a protest is taken.
I have yet to see this being explained away regarding the capitol.

This reminds me of my MR frenemy (I've been referring to him a lot, but the dude managed to pack so much insanity combined with such perception of "neutrality" that it's really noteworthy). His explanation of the Capitol Police's handling of the Capitol rioters is that after the BLM movement, cops are "not allowed to engage with protestors, and hence they are better off running away".:D

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Earlier this week Fox posted a big top story about some supposed big Antifa rally happing in Portland. They went with their usual "The left doesn't care about these thugs and lets them get away with anything" schtick but then almost comically the pictures they chose to use to go along with the story made it appear that there was like a 5 to 1 police to protestor ratio. Maybe I'm dumb, but that doesn't look like the response you would get from a local government that doesn't give a shit. To me visual proof of not giving a shit would be more like the security detail at the January 6th capitol rally. But maybe I'm just biased or a black man trapped in a white man's body.
I have seen people posting a twitter video of Portland to a conservative message board and decrying the terrible violence. I viewed the video and it’s 5-6 idiots breaking stuff and 20 or more cops standing around not doing much about it. These are the same people who claim the Capitol mob was just people taking selfies. Their brains seem to have been warped by the constant barrage of lies. They can’t tell what is real anymore.

U

User.45

I have seen people posting a twitter video of Portland to a conservative message board and decrying the terrible violence. I viewed the video and it’s 5-6 idiots breaking stuff and 20 or more cops standing around not doing much about it. These are the same people who claim the Capitol mob was just people taking selfies. Their brains seem to have been warped by the constant barrage of lies. They can’t tell what is real anymore.
The r/Conservative subreddit is the best example. They are screaming dementia on a Biden gaffe video saying, Trump had terrible speech patterns too, but he could speak if he wanted. I found this comment hilarious...it means Trump most of the time did not want to sound intelligent.:D

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I think one of the first threads I started on here said that the left needs to condemn antifa but the more I thought about it the more I realized it’s a false equivalency to the far right. If nothing else, good luck finding anybody in antifa saying their action is on behalf of or in defense of a politician. “We’re here because Nancy Pelosi told us to come!” or “Chuck Schumer fights for us and is the most attacked politician ever!” said no one in antifa ever. At best antifa could be considered the enemy of my enemy is my friend status, but that’s really stretching it.

Honestly, they're just a deflection from the far right simply for not having the same motivational angle. It's ok for them to be upset and intimidating, but not anybody else who doesn't share their values. Also it just adds to their pile on of believing they are the world's biggest victim. "How come they get to break stuff!?!? They won't let us break stuff!"

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And here some Republicans are clamoring for barriers to be removed. 😡

One officer died, according to WaPo. Haven’t we had enough Capitol Police injured and killed already??

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I appreciated the conversation based on this post in TOP, pointing out that if the SPD doesn’t release the names of the officers involved, the entire force loses its trust.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Let me preface this, I completely realize this is the wrong thing to say & it's too soon.

That's just how f'n much this kind of casual cowardly admissions piss me off.

"It's a Fed Ex that has a mass shooting, and not...."

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1384186737409200138/

For FUCK sake, they admit their part in 1/6 & pretend to be cravenly sorry, because they KNOW there will NO penalty for their part in 1/6 & the continual gas lighting & shitting of our country!!!

JFC. 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :brickwall:

U

User.45

Again.

Seriously. Fuck those cowardly MFers

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1384232625523486720/

What a horrible way to die. Over some cowardly bullshit.
I expected this. It's called top-of-the-basilar syndrome, a clot that lodges into the end of the basilar artery that provides the blood supply of the breathing and consciousness centers in the brainstem. It's a neurologist's nightmare because you're dealing with an unconscious or minimally conscious patient with ominous findings on exam (like lower limb tone changes that are subtle and confusing). It's the only type of stroke I've seen people dying of within 24H... One of my patients we've lost to this was Sicknick's age.

It usually develops in the setting of underlying narrowing and atherosclerosis of the brainstem vessels. Now it's a dicy territory, because it usually doesn't develop in the context of an arrhythmia (atria fibrillation), which you could directly link back to the bear spray. That said it's more than likely related to the Capitol events, with all that adrenalin floating around vascular sheering forces and clot development risk is elevated. I suspect one thing that they were waiting for are hemorheologic studies (ie. study of blood thickness), especially in the context of bear spray exposure, as the chemical may possibly alter blood clotting tendencies.

It sucks, but this is indeed very difficult to prosecute as murder. You guys can be sure, he most likely would be alive (or died a different day) if it weren't for the capitol riot.

U

User.45

I'd also add that dragging this out for 3.5 months is beyond what is reasonable. We should have been made aware of these findings within a month or two of the death. I know they must have obtained special testing and expert reviews, but those take a few weeks, not months.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
No irony here,

US-Capitol-rioter-sells-autographed-photos-of-himself-with-feet.jpg
A Capitol rioter asks for donations to his legal fund by selling photos of himself with his feet in Nancy Pelosi’s desk for $100. Richard “Bigo” Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, set up a website asking for money and sending personally autographed photos of himself from the January 6 uprising.

no, none at all. "I will sell you the already widely circulated evidence against me to help fund my legal defense.”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No irony here,

A Capitol rioter asks for donations to his legal fund by selling photos of himself with his feet in Nancy Pelosi’s desk for $100. Richard “Bigo” Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, set up a website asking for money and sending personally autographed photos of himself from the January 6 uprising.

no, none at all. "I will sell you the already widely circulated evidence against me to help fund my legal defense.”

say what you will, I’m sure that will be highly successful.

I sympathize with our democracy being a joke, the lessor of 2 evils…Republicans are the party of old big money, Democrats the party of new big money, et el, but where the far right loses the script/battle/war is making it all about only white people having problems. They’re too fucking stupid to know we could make things better for everyone if they dropped that distinction.

D

Deleted member 199

No irony here,

Doesn't this fall under 'proceeds of crime' laws?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
"'tifa looks like professionals compared to us"

You'll have to forgive me for indulging in a little bit of schadenfreude. The comparison to Antifa is hilarious.

Let's even assume that Antifa actually fits their stereotype of a bunch of white liberals and black people from the 'hood. That group would be hands down smarter than the people who planned this little fiasco.

That might surprise them, but I don't think it surprises us.

Top Bottom
1 2