The 2022 Midterms

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Trump has not only convinced them they either win or the system is broken, but that they literally cannot trust anyone who ever goes against his will.

I remember people refuting Joe Biden's win because of the number of boats in a parade in Florida for that f***ing orange halfwit. That was before we realized it's a cult, there's no logic, no amount of science or data - only "The Word" from their lord and savior is the truth.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m sure if the Democrats want to contest or investigate the results of an election in a red or purple state they’ll get the full cooperation of the local authorities. Not. Then they’ll just fling it to the supreme court which will site the long standing originalist precedent of Bush v Gore. They’re probably writing up the ruling as we speak. Or maybe they’ll just go all in on the amount of effort and preparation to rig an election shall outweigh the voting results in a close outcome.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’m sure if the Democrats want to contest or investigate the results of an election in a red or purple state they’ll get the full cooperation of the local authorities. Not. Then they’ll just fling it to the supreme court which will site the long standing originalist precedent of Bush v Gore. They’re probably writing up the ruling as we speak. Or maybe they’ll just go all in on the amount of effort and preparation to rig an election shall outweigh the voting results in a close outcome.
They will just appoint Ginni Thomas as President.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
At this point in 2014, Republicans were polling 20-30 points ahead of Democrats.

Right now, many races are just about even.

Biden’s approval numbers are in the toilet, but Republicans might fail to take advantage of it. After all, as low as Biden’s numbers are, approval of Republicans in Congress is at 23%.

Perhaps the crazies in the GOP are going to be such a liability that the party finally gets rid of them. Herschel Walker, JD Vance, and Dr. Oz are poised to lose in Senate races that would probably be a slam-dunk for the GOP if they had sane candidates running. Three Senate seats they cannot afford to lose.

The Republican strategy is to go extreme and full-Trump. This is working fine in gerrymandered districts. But in any competitive district, and in statewide races, this is more a liability than a strength. Maryland, a “blue” state, has had a Republican governor for many years, but this year an extreme Trump-lover got the nomination. It’s pretty much guaranteed that a Democrat will be governor of the state now.

How many state-wide races are the Republicans willing to forfeit to keep the insane Trump cult happy? If 2022 goes to the Democrats in a year that seemed impossible for Republicans to lose, will that be enough? Or is this affliction incurable?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Here's some social commentary from everyone's favorite congressman, Matt Gaetz, echoing what his mentor, Donald Trump, said about women:

Democrats might be mealymouthed, ineffectual wafflers, always afraid to push things to the point where they need to be pushed, but Republicans are basically trash doing everything they can to appeal to trash.

So things are going pretty par for the course.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Democrats might be mealymouthed, ineffectual wafflers, always afraid to push things to the point where they need to be pushed, but Republicans are basically trash doing everything they can to appeal to trash.

So things are going pretty par for the course.
This is EXACTLY why I absolutely reject it when people say “Democrats need to be more like Republicans.”

No. Democrats don’t lose because Republican politicians are doing something great. They lose because Democratic voters stay home half the time, while Republicans show up at every single election, even for dogcatcher. Every time turnout is high, Dems win. It’s not rocket science.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
At this point in 2014, Republicans were polling 20-30 points ahead of Democrats.

Right now, many races are just about even.

Biden’s approval numbers are in the toilet, but Republicans might fail to take advantage of it. After all, as low as Biden’s numbers are, approval of Republicans in Congress is at 23%.

Perhaps the crazies in the GOP are going to be such a liability that the party finally gets rid of them. Herschel Walker, JD Vance, and Dr. Oz are poised to lose in Senate races that would probably be a slam-dunk for the GOP if they had sane candidates running. Three Senate seats they cannot afford to lose.

The Republican strategy is to go extreme and full-Trump. This is working fine in gerrymandered districts. But in any competitive district, and in statewide races, this is more a liability than a strength. Maryland, a “blue” state, has had a Republican governor for many years, but this year an extreme Trump-lover got the nomination. It’s pretty much guaranteed that a Democrat will be governor of the state now.

How many state-wide races are the Republicans willing to forfeit to keep the insane Trump cult happy? If 2022 goes to the Democrats in a year that seemed impossible for Republicans to lose, will that be enough? Or is this affliction incurable?

It’s pretty well known now that Democrats have been supporting the most extreme Republican candidates in open primaries and even running ads for them in the hopes that they will be easier to beat in the mid term election. Thats one strategy but thats also what they thought about Trump in 2016 which I think also partially contributed to Hillary’s apathy. I remember some SNL debate skits where the camera would go to Hillary when Trump was talking and she’d have this smug "I’ll just let him dig his own grave" grin on her face.

We can just hope things will be different this time as the clear greater evil has been time tested and they continue to pile on more evil in case you forgot.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty well known now that Democrats have been supporting the most extreme Republican candidates in open primaries and even running ads for them in the hopes that they will be easier to beat in the mid term election. Thats one strategy but thats also what they thought about Trump in 2016 which I think also partially contributed to Hillary’s apathy. I remember some SNL debate skits where the camera would go to Hillary when Trump was talking and she’d have this smug "I’ll just let him dig his own grave" grin on her face.

We can just hope things will be different this time as the clear greater evil has been time tested and they continue to pile on more evil in case you forgot.
Makes me think of the Jon Lovitz line in the SNL Bush-Dukakis debate in 1988: “I can’t believe I’m losing to this guy!” It was written by Al Franken.

The problem now is that so many more Ds have to vote to overcome R gerrymandering and voter suppression.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a hair over two months out, and while I’m not overly optimistic for democrats, there are always exceptions to “the party in power shits the bed in the midterms”. Still looking likely that republicans take the house, but Biden has been on a streak of victories. Republicans have a good thing to run on with inflation, but can’t let go of the big lie, are defending Trump without knowing all the facts, and are now openly calling for having law enforcement shot on sight. The Supreme Court has overturned Roe v Wade. We still have January 6 hearings to come, and poll after poll show democrats closing the enthusiasm gap.

I really hope democratic enthusiasm remains strong, terrible candidates in swing states cost them the senate, and there is a chance democrats can keep the house. It’s a long shot, but even with the senate, democrats can prevent a complete shitshow in congress.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Supreme Court has overturned Roe v Wade. We still have January 6 hearings to come, and poll after poll show democrats closing the enthusiasm gap.

The Dems were certainly gaining momentum. Until yesterday.

The student loan forgiveness may throw a huge wrench in that. People who couldn't go to college because of costs and those who paid off their loans are not going to be happy about this. Nor are many tax payers who will have to pick up the tab.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

The student loan forgiveness may throw a huge wrench in that. People who couldn't go to college because of costs and those who paid off their loans are not going to be happy about this. Nor are many tax payers who will have to pick up the tab.
Time will tell but I don't think this puts a dent into it, if anything it will energize younger voters who are needed to turnout. There's some faux outrage from conservatives but by and large most people support this initiative and let's be honest, Biden didn't really do a lot by only shaving off $10,000.

I'll say this though, nothing outrages the Republican party more than giving the working class a break. Billions in subsidies and breaks for filthy rich corporations are commonplace but relieve crippling debt from those making under 6 figures and it's like armageddon to them.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I said months ago he should have done it early on, if at all, because now it seems like blatant pandering to a demographic Democrats are losing and they aren’t exactly the most in need. It’s like if there was a mass exodus caravan and the government starts filling up gas tanks for free while doing nothing for the majority doing the journey by foot.

This isn’t even a solution. It does nothing about price controls in a system where the government guarantees a blank check for whatever unquestioned figure higher education pulls out of its ass and then sends you the bill.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eh, I don’t see that being a big deal when it’s said and done, and democrats have a huge clap back to that, thanks to the republicans never-ending catering to the wealthy and the White House pointing out the millions of dollars congressional republicans have taken in PPP loan forgiveness.

Also, glad to see “sleepy Joe” fired up and ripping into the MAGA cult. I think he’s going to be far more effective at drumming up democrat support than people may think, and if Obama can join a few candidates with Biden in crucial races, I think that will help as well. And even though Trump isn’t on the ballot, MAGA is as strong of a driver of democrat turnout as it is for republicans.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That needs to be stressed over and over and over again in punchy campaign ads.

Absolutely. The real congress scum don’t go on real news outlets, but I seriously want to hear some of the GOP members of congress answer one simple question; “What is the difference between your loan of 180k, 1 million, 2 million dollars being forgiven and someone with college debt having a 10k or 20k loan forgiven?”

I think republicans are really shooting them selves in the foot here, on a variety issues at once, while President Biden racks up wins. When MTG accuses Biden of “buying votes”, why don’t they ask her if her vote was swayed when she got nearly 200k in relief.

Seriously, fuck these hypocrites, it’s hard to stomach at this point.

Attachments

• 5C17411A-9B2A-4BA2-A741-E3FE9D4B972F.jpeg
    5C17411A-9B2A-4BA2-A741-E3FE9D4B972F.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 17

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Absolutely. The real congress scum don’t go on real news outlets, but I seriously want to hear some of the GOP members of congress answer one simple question; “What is the difference between your loan of 180k, 1 million, 2 million dollars being forgiven and someone with college debt having a 10k or 20k loan forgiven?”

Their answer should be the same as mine.

Congress passed the PPP loan program. Congress did not pass Biden's handout. According to the Constitution, Congress controls the money, not the President.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Their answer should be the same as mine.

Congress passed the PPP loan program. Congress did not pass Biden's handout. According to the Constitution, Congress controls the money, not the President.
Funny that it's only a "handout" when the working class that gets the break. The only people this is outraging are stuffy ass Republicans who couldn't give a rats ass about the working class people in this country. Give an oil company a subsidy for 50 times this much while their profits are off the charts and not a word is said, but let a poor person buy a hotdog with food stamps and Republicans suddenly become rabid dogs about it.

Seriously, what have those making less than $125K ever done to you guys that's SO bad? These people actually deserve the break, not the ire of career congressmen who have been sucking millions off the tit of huge corporate donations (or handouts as you like to call it) while swatting those just trying to get by in a bad economy.

Top Bottom
1 2