The Democrat agenda 2022 and going forward

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thing is, we are talking about what we want to happen. HF is talking about what is currently likely to happen, based on some polling data. We do not want to believe that, because we do not want to believe that Americans are that stupid. But, they already showed us how stupid they can be. If the Ds ignore the polling data and let bugfuckery rule the day, it becomes harder and harder to wholeheartedly support them. It is disappointing that our flavor of democracy gives assholes a leg up over decent people.
He bases it on right wing ideology, every now and then the polling data may match up but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Let's be real here though, 99% of the time it's just MAGA hot air.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Which DA/prosecutor and charges are you referring to?

Leticia James.

During the campaign, James, a Democrat, said she intends to aggressively investigate Trump’s businesses and finances. On the night of her victory, she stood in front of supporters in Brooklyn and all but declared a war against Trump: “I will be shining a bright light into every dark corner of his real estate dealings, and every dealing, demanding truthfulness at every turn.”

This. I don't get why anyone wastes their time with these long explanations because he'll never, ever see it.

I see and read EVERY single one of them.

If you are looking for an answer from @Herdfan you won't get one.

Yet here it is.

Do *you* think these are political charges? I'm referring to everything Trump has been accused or already been found guilty of, including his actions around the 2020 election and on January 6, 2021, his handling of sensitive documents, his business dealings in NY, and even what he did to E. Jean Carroll, which he and many of his supporters have called a "witch hunt." Because if you do, there's nothing more for us to discuss here.

In most of them, yes. Especially the NY case. The concept that you can't value property higher than the county/state assessed value is ludicrous. I just went and looked and I listed my house for 2.6 times the county's assessed value. Did I commit fraud? Did the appraiser commit fraud when they appraised it higher than I listed it for? Would you (not you specifically) list your house only based on the county's assessed value? I would say probably not.

This is how commercial real estate loans work. Company places a value on property and the lender makes their own appraisal. At my first career we were refinancing a large loan (large to us) and we had a building that had been on the books for so long that it had depreciated to nothing but the value of the land (you don't depreciate land). We valued it at $750K. The bank's appraiser valued it at just under $700K. Did we commit fraud? The bank didn't think so as we got the loan.

If this case is allowed to stand, it will have a chilling effect on commercial lending in NY.

The one case that I think has some traction is the GA case. But in their haste to "get Trump", they made some bad decisions that could tank the case completely. We will know in a couple of weeks.

Thing is, we are talking about what we want to happen. HF is talking about what is currently likely to happen, based on some polling data. We do not want to believe that, because we do not want to believe that Americans are that stupid. But, they already showed us how stupid they can be. If the Ds ignore the polling data and let bugfuckery rule the day, it becomes harder and harder to wholeheartedly support them. It is disappointing that our flavor of democracy gives assholes a leg up over decent people.

Exactly. But if people want to live in an echo chamber that is their choice. They just can't be surprised when they wake up November 6 to a Trump victory.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
In most of them, yes. Especially the NY case. The concept that you can't value property higher than the county/state assessed value is ludicrous. I just went and looked and I listed my house for 2.6 times the county's assessed value. Did I commit fraud? Did the appraiser commit fraud when they appraised it higher than I listed it for? Would you (not you specifically) list your house only based on the county's assessed value? I would say probably not.

This is how commercial real estate loans work. Company places a value on property and the lender makes their own appraisal. At my first career we were refinancing a large loan (large to us) and we had a building that had been on the books for so long that it had depreciated to nothing but the value of the land (you don't depreciate land). We valued it at $750K. The bank's appraiser valued it at just under $700K. Did we commit fraud? The bank didn't think so as we got the loan.

If this case is allowed to stand, it will have a chilling effect on commercial lending in NY.

The one case that I think has some traction is the GA case. But in their haste to "get Trump", they made some bad decisions that could tank the case completely. We will know in a couple of weeks.
If you truly believe most of the things Trump has been accused of are "witch hunts" with no validity, then I am done with you as far as any political discussion about Trump is concerned. The only case you believe has "some traction" is the GA case? My God! You mean the E. Jean Carroll case(s), in which he was found guilty by juries of sexual abuse and then defamation, had no merit? And that his documents-handling case is just politically motivated with no basis? (If you say Joe Biden did the same, no prosecution was deemed warranted for him.) And that he didn't attempt to prevent the legal transfer of power in Smith's January 6 case?

As for the real estate case, we'll see what happens on appeal. But what Trump and his associates were accused of (and found to have committed by Judge Engoron) is completely in keeping with his lifelong business practices.

I hate Trump. He's a narcissistic sociopath who aspires to be a dictator like Putin. Still, I don't want to see him convicted or found guilty of anything without due process, which is what everyone deserves. But that process can't play out when his supporters characterize everything as a meritless attempt to get him and his cronies on the Supreme Court do his bidding to delay his trials.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Kyrsten Sinema will not be running for re-election. It's going to be Kari Lake vs. Ruben Gallego, most likely.

Lake has done herself no favors. We could keep this seat out of republican hands. Lake has been in a mini-feud with Meghan McCain, stemming mostly from Lake's past comments about John McCain.

It resulted in me LOLing at something McCain posted in response to a wordy olive branch held out by Lake -

Lake’s cringey response — “my dad passed away from cancer, too,” she wrote on X — was an invitation to buy McCain “a beer, a coffee or lunch and pick your brain about how we can work together to strengthen our state.”

McCain’s reply was rather more emphatic: “NO PEACE, BITCH!” :LOL:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 134005.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 134014.png

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

You may value your property higher, but when you get a loan from a bank they determine the value. If you try to get a loan for a property and your request is higher than the banks assessment, you need to personally cover the gap. If you then demand that they cover the loan at a higher amount, you have to have an assessment based on factual data. Suppling feelings won't do, and cooking the books to make it look like it's worth more, is fraud.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Biden could flub his way through the State of the Union, but republicans have gifted him endless scandals to address. IVF, abortion, democracy, gun violence…

Real faces (victims) of these shitty laws are in attendance as Biden tells their story, with Mike Johnson sitting right behind Biden.

I don’t know about you, I like lead in my water pipes. Biden bragging about his infrastructure bill helping to alleviate that just proves he’s not hearing the American people like myself, who enjoy the poison water and potholes in the roads.

Hey, if Biden were as bad as Trump, he’d bring Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg out and give them the Medal of Freedom.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wow… Biden OWNED the gun discussion when he quoted Trump’s own words. If you didn’t know Trump, you’d surely think Biden took him out of context with the quotes (“Just get over it” in response to a recent shooting in Iowa, and bragging to the NRA that he did nothing on guns while in office (which, remarkably, is still a lie! He banned bump stocks).

The room was silent.

Mike Johnson may be in hot water for not shaking his head enough, he was kinda funny looking. He seemed to clap and nod in agreement way more than I’d anticipated. He seems like a bad actor in a bad play, but respectful enough I suppose.

Some fatass yelled a bunch, I couldn’t make out what his jowls were saying. He was removed promptly and unceremoniously with no fanfare.

“I’m optimistic Nancy!”

That is both a really old thing to say, but a really good quote and fitting with what I think of as Joe Biden. I imagine it’s the same feeling a Republican gets when Trump insults someone.

Well done Joe, great speech! He stuttered his way through it but the material is what mattered, and he got her done.

Also, how the hell did republicans fall for that same social security trick this time? I think this time it was about the budget, but the same setup.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Wow… Biden OWNED the gun discussion when he quoted Trump’s own words. If you didn’t know Trump, you’d surely think Biden took him out of context with the quotes (“Just get over it” in response to a recent shooting in Iowa, and bragging to the NRA that he did nothing on guns while in office (which, remarkably, is still a lie! He banned bump stocks).

The room was silent.

Mike Johnson may be in hot water for not shaking his head enough, he was kinda funny looking. He seemed to clap and nod in agreement way more than I’d anticipated. He seems like a bad actor in a bad play, but respectful enough I suppose.

Some fatass yelled a bunch, I couldn’t make out what his jowls were saying. He was removed promptly and unceremoniously with no fanfare.

“I’m optimistic Nancy!”

That is both a really old thing to say, but a really good quote and fitting with what I think of as Joe Biden. I imagine it’s the same feeling a Republican gets when Trump insults someone.

Well done Joe, great speech! He stuttered his way through it but the material is what mattered, and he got her done.

Also, how the hell did republicans fall for that same social security trick this time? I think this time it was about the budget, but the same setup.
Agree. Biden did an excellent job. Full of energy, coherent, combative. Yeah, Johnson looked weird at times, nodding minimally and even smiling wryly. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It's really difficult watching (and especially listening to) Katie Britt.

Is she fresh out of high school? Maybe a Valley Girl from Encino (San Fernando Valley, California)? Gag me with a spoon.

Yeah, the only thing her speech is missing is that creepy J6 cult choir music playing in the background. I bet holidays are fun at her house.

She would do better doing voiceovers for disaster charity commercials.

Not a good rebuttal. Wow, that what was quite bad, and I’m honestly trying to be objective.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, the only thing her speech is missing is that creepy J6 cult choir music playing in the background. I bet holidays are fun at her house.

Not a good rebuttal. Wow, that what was quite bad, and I’m honestly trying to be objectionable.

Kind of shocked she was the best repubs could come up with.

Maybe she'll be trump's running mate?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

Not a good rebuttal. Wow, that what was quite bad, and I’m honestly trying to be objectionable.
I think I know what you meant, LOL!

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Just shows how fast polls can change, and how stupid the electorate is... It was a good speech, but all it took was a speech of a little over an hour for them to say one thing and then say the opposite?

Prior to the address, respondents were asked if they thought Biden’s policies are moving the United States in the right direction. Forty-five percent of speech watchers said Biden is moving the country where it needs to go. After the speech, 62 percent said the same.

Top Bottom
1 2