The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interesting article, hard to disagree here. Voting them all out will force a shift in culture, we've already started with the last midterms and it could very well shift everything to the democrats in November, this is the only thing that will break the MAGA stranglehold.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting article, hard to disagree here. Voting them all out will force a shift in culture, we've already started with the last midterms and it could very well shift everything to the democrats in November, this is the only thing that will break the MAGA stranglehold.

“This is a tale of two brains. Biden's brain is aging. Trump's brain is dementing.”

Nailed it.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

The problem is, there is alway going to be deep red sections of this country, and worse yet there are always going to be Republicans who cannot admit the party has lost its way.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

mercy kill? I think nuking them from space is needed.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The problem is, there is alway going to be deep red sections of this country, and worse yet there are always going to be Republicans who cannot admit the party has lost its way.
Totally agree and there always have been, the only difference is now they have center stage and a megaphone with Donald Trump as to where it used to not be so fashionable to be bigoted racists. Yes, they will always exist but it's about time we forced them back under their rocks.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

McConnell’s endorsement was far more than an endorsement, it was like an official waving of the white flag and surrendering the party. The RNC has turned the keys over to the Trump family… the GOP is dead. The silent cowards will bend the knee, and then pretend they were anti-Trump all along when the party is over.

Trump is doubling-down on the fascist rhetoric and was back to insulting E. Jean Carroll again, with his usual quips - I never met her, she’s nuts, etc.

Plus, as mentioned, he isn’t well.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Something needs to be done quite publicly about the death threat brigade. I’m not saying nothing is being done about it, but there’s the impression that nothing is being done about it which isn’t exactly a deterrent. Part of the reason they went hard after the 1/6 participants is to send out the message to anybody considering doing it again that it won’t end well for them. As it stands now anybody running for office who isn’t 100% on board with the MAGA agenda should expect a deluge of death threats and investing in personal security for themselves and their family. I have no doubt that there are some Republicans in office who feel there are “good people” issuing death threats because they are doing it on behalf of their agenda. That shit needs to stop and people need to see there are consequences.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Something needs to be done quite publicly about the death threat brigade. I’m not saying nothing is being done about it, but there’s the impression that nothing is being done about it which isn’t exactly a deterrent. Part of the reason they went hard after the 1/6 participants is to send out the message to anybody considering doing it again that it won’t end well for them. As it stands now anybody running for office who isn’t 100% on board with the MAGA agenda should expect a deluge of death threats and investing in personal security for themselves and their family. I have no doubt that there are some Republicans in office who feel there are “good people” issuing death threats because they are doing it on behalf of their agenda. That shit needs to stop and people need to see there are consequences.
I'll never understand this from either side, disagreeing with someone's political views should never be grounds for a death threat and I think anyone who believes that is mentally unstable. I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to either celebrating or calling for the death of politicians.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand this from either side, disagreeing with someone's political views should never be grounds for a death threat and I think anyone who believes that is mentally unstable. I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to either celebrating or calling for the death of politicians.

Agreed. It's not justice, it's violence of the mob. But I would maybe caution that this sort of unrest is a symptom of larger issues, as it isn't disconnected from the issues we face as a society (decline of the middle class, division through dehumanization, etc). So the trends should still be considered a red flag of the overall political/economic health of the US.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Yes, they will always exist but it's about time we forced them back under their rocks.

Yes, but it is kind of like there is a hornet in the room. Not knowing where it is can be especially disturbing. When they are under the rocks, they are still there, just being more sly about it. Like the way they worked their way into so many LEAs without most of us being aware of it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gym Jordan and Comer Pyle having another committee hearing, one which could be a good source of info for the public - and it is, but not for the reasons they think - but it will also be a circus.

Jordan opened by playing a clip of Biden answering questions about these issue concisely. Then Nadler played a Trump vid full of idiocy, and my favorite Trump flub, the one he made last week... "ribbi... derp... aaahhhh".

The only thing these hearings do is highlight how absolutely awful Trump is, because everything they throw at Biden, Trump is guilty of, and worse. But, as usual, the whole point of this is to make it appear to be a binary choice. Hypocrisy oozes from GOP hearings in the most disgusting way possible.

Hur is testifying as well. He's an interesting fellow, to say the least.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Harriet Hageman is questioning Hur and having her questions thrown back in her face. I guess having a smile like Jack Nicholson's Joker doesn't necessarily make you a great interrogator. Or congresswoman. Total amateur hour.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Whoever invents a TV filter that automatically blacks out and mutes your screen whenever Trump appeared will be a kajilionaire. Maybe we need a new startup, who's with me?
Even better would be a way to inject a text crawl at the bottom of the screen to point out the lies every time he or his supporters speak. Ditto for Fox "News" and all the other RW outlets.

Top Bottom
1 2