Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Towards the end on Abbot's border inspection stunt

Drugs intercepted = 0
Migrants = 0
Cost to TX = $4.2 billion
US GDP = shrank $9 billion

Abbot photo op = priceless

Speaking of party big thinkers, it’s estimated that Florida’s stunt with Disney will cost the state $1 billion and taxes in the area will go up by about 20%. It’s not quite Texas level fuckup but everything is bigger in Texas.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
More tapes coming out. Long story short, he (McCarthy) mentions concern he and others have for the tripe and dangerous rhetoric coming out of his own caucus, and a few of them are named… some of the usual suspects. The cartoonish far-right members. McCarthy also urges them to stop posting things that incite violence against others or threaten each other. He’s very direct and firm. A leader. Boy, he did limp out big time.

It’s behind a paywall, but that’s the long and short of it, with audio proof.

This is a real-life version of the image you conjur up in your head of politicians saying one thing in public and doing another in private. It’s so out in the open, and his lies are on audio tape, video, social media and images, in the press, etc. You can call him out on his lies and inconsistencies right to his face, and he will look right at someone knowing America is watching and tell a whopper of a lie.

His base doesn’t really like him now that they’ve heard him call Trump unfit to serve, so he’s just a RINO to them. They want someone like Gym Jordache or MTG for their perceived “toughness” (I know, it’s laughable, but it’s true.) And democrats certainly don’t like him.

But he’ll probably be speaker in the end anyways, despite most of America not liking him and not voting for him. Sort of like Trump. A lot like Trump, actually. Because for both Trump and McCarthy, lies and bullshit are just means to an end. And somehow, they manage to drag enough of America along with them.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
More tapes coming out. Long story short, he (McCarthy) mentions concern he and others have for the tripe and dangerous rhetoric coming out of his own caucus, and a few of them are named… some of the usual suspects. The cartoonish far-right members. McCarthy also urges them to stop posting things that incite violence against others or threaten each other. He’s very direct and firm. A leader. Boy, he did limp out big time.

This is a real-life version of the image you conjur up in your head of politicians saying one thing in public and doing another in private. It’s so out in the open, and his lies are on audio tape, video, social media and images, in the press, etc. You can call him out on his lies and inconsistencies right to his face, and he will look right at someone knowing America is watching and tell a whopper of a lie.

His base doesn’t really like him now that they’ve heard him call Trump unfit to serve, so he’s just a RINO to them. They want someone like Gym Jordache or MTG for their perceived “toughness” (I know, it’s laughable, but it’s true.) And democrats certainly don’t like him.

But he’ll probably be speaker in the end anyways, despite most of America not liking him and not voting for him. Sort of like Trump. A lot like Trump, actually. Because for both Trump and McCarthy, lies and bullshit are just means to an end. And somehow, they manage to drag enough of America along with them.

Some of it is about outrage fatigue at this point, I suppose. And the firehose of info and disinfo pouring out of the internet every day.

But it's appalling if we slow down enough to think about it. These guys are powerful leaders in the governance of a country that declared at its inception our right to CONSENT to our governance. But now we grow weary of sorting out who's actually fit to govern and so we shrug at the disappointing choices and settle for Fox News' choice or go for those outlined in some op-ed in a mass media outlet, or else we just rail at the lack of good candidates and don't even bother to choose.

Of course there will always be someone to step into the vacuum that apathy creates, and it will not likely be someone with the interests of all Americans at heart.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… Ohio state Rep. Jean Schmidt (R) … says rape is “difficult” and may leave emotional scars on its survivors—“but if a baby is created, it is a human life. And whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not, the scars will not go away. Period. It is a shame that it happens, but there’s an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is,”

we should see how low we can get that bar

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

You have to admire Trump's response though, being that they said one thing against him but then later realized they were wrong. This is kind of a new schtick for Trump, but it's probably reserved for those who have proven they're easily changed to spineless jellyfish. He's probably also realized that he's gotten the best deflection from McConnel that he could expect.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Let's have a great big round of "WTF?" when it comes to this party

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1519719292501061634/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1519680859267289090/

Oh, and the Matt Gaetz sex trafficking case is still ongoing.

What values! Seriously, what values? 🤮

Meanwhile, if Republicans retake control of Congress they'll spend the next 2 years attempting to impeach Biden for....I don't know, pull anything out of your ass. There are no stupid reasons to impeach Biden. In fact, the stupider the better. To stay on brand pick something a Republican has been convicted of or is being investigated for and accuse Biden of that and condemn it in the harshest of terms.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Headline gold. :ROFLMAO:

“We can’t afford to help you with your healthcare costs or anything else because I was sticking it to Disney.”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let’s not forget MTG is also on trial in a way, and her responses are laughably bad. Being under oath - especially in public - is the one place these liars finally have their BS come back to bite them.

As they’ve said in the news often - there’s more tapes coming too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not just of McCarthy either. It’s strange to think these folks may soon be in charge again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Let’s not forget MTG is also on trial in a way, and her responses are laughably bad. Being under oath - especially in public - is the one place these liars finally have their BS come back to bite them.

As they’ve said in the news often - there’s more tapes coming too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not just of McCarthy either. It’s strange to think these folks may soon be in charge again.

With all of her "I don't recall" responses, I'm waiting for her claim that Space Lasers were on the job clearing out her memory, and therefore she can't be held accountable. Loved her texting Meadows saying trump should declare "Marshall" Law.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

The most pathetic part of it is that he’s embarrassed by the tapes instead of his current bootlicking of Trump. The tapes indicate borderline rational behavior, which is a disqualifier for GOP politicians.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Virginia Governor Youngkin attempted to prematurely end the terms of duly elected school board members in Loudoun county. The Democratic-controlled Senate shut it down, with others pointing out that targeting school board members in a single district like that violated the state constitution.

What is it with Republican governors constantly demanding “states’ rights” from the federal government but then trying to rule their state like dictators, overruling the will of voters in counties and smaller municipalities?

I think Youngkin wants to be a US Senator at the least, and might be considering a Presidential run. Almost everything he’s doing is for publicity and right-wing street cred. e.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Was listening to a podcast that was commenting on Romney's "Why don't we just forgive everybody's debt on everything" comments against college loan forgiveness (at any level). They did the math and back when Romney graduated from college AFTER adjusting for inflation the average cost of college would be about $4,000 a year. So how about we do that, Mitt?

I wish one of these assholes would just be honest. "I know sacrifice. Back in 1971 my father worked 1 hour of overtime to pay for my entire 4 years of college. This made him late for dinner which upset my mother."

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Was listening to a podcast that was commenting on Romney's "Why don't we just forgive everybody's debt on everything" comments against college loan forgiveness (at any level). They did the math and back when Romney graduated from college AFTER adjusting for inflation the average cost of college would be about $4,000 a year. So how about we do that, Mitt?

I wish one of these assholes would just be honest. "I know sacrifice. Back in 1971 my father worked 1 hour of overtime to pay for my entire 4 years of college. This made him late for dinner which upset my mother."
As it's been pointed out, Romney is the WORST case to be calling anything out, because he is THE example of privilege. In recounting the "hard times" they had in college his wife pointed out they lived off of stocks given to Mitt while in college. Statistically how many students does one believe survives on stocks in college? Because if I could have I would NOT have discovered a diet of RC Cola & ramen noodles, and that "Joe's beer the beer of steel workers" should be considered a packaged crime of humanity.

If you're surviving on stocks, it's a good chance your schooling is also being paid off by a parent. Not a student working a job and / or work study job towards your tuition. All Mitt does is reinforce his disconnect from anyone else who wasn't born wealthy. The sort who imagine that inherited money is money THEY worked for, and not actually a wonderful blessing passed on by successful parents. The sort who imagines that buying a company to gut it, means that he's the successful business person & not a vulture. Believing that resources & roads used to make that company successful at one time weren't paid by taxpayers.

Mitt is one of those guys who can get praise by reminding everyone he isn't an extremist in the party, then crap away that praise by demonstrating he's still a standard 'r' rich guy that can't grasp why everyone else can't be rich as well.

Bonus point:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1520557654233464832/

Top Bottom
1 2