The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got an Apple News notification with an article referring to this mobile network… holy shit these people are insane. Anything to make a buck off the rubes of America.

It makes me sick when words are constantly misused by the Right or by anyone, it becomes a deceitful game to… FOOL THE DUMMIES. Or you can conclude that our country by their definition is not their country, a recipe for failure.

The huge issue is to stop saying you are a patriot in the USA if you don’t support democracy, truth, honesty, the rule of law, fair elections, level playing fields, equal before the law, religious freedom, live and let live, and to let go of their straight jacket brand of intolerant morality.

patriot

pā′trē-ət, -ŏt″

noun​

1. One who loves, supports, and defends one's country.
  2. A person who loves his country, and zealously supports and defends it and its interests.
  3. One who loves his country, and zealously supports its authority and interests.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

"Too many liberals, progressives, Democrats, centrists, and others outside of the MAGAverse love to accuse Trump and the right-wing movement of being hypocrites or applying a double standard for their own behavior. This is an absurd claim: In reality, the Trumpists and Republican fascists do not hold any norms or standards beyond winning at all costs. To call them hypocrites assumes that they care and might somehow change their behavior. It is a waste of time and energy."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If only there were some sort of signal that Trump had done this dozens of times over and over again to warn the GOP.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If only there were some sort of signal that Trump had done this dozens of times over and over again to warn the GOP.

They like using the term king maker and somehow forgot that there’s only one king in the kingdom. I think they’re remembering that now.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
We could probably save a lot of time if these people would admit what they are. Maybe qualify it with one of MTG’s favorite pronouns, Christian fascist. Just because you don’t like being called a fascist doesn’t change the fact that you are. It’s like an alcoholic claiming alcohol plays no part in their alcoholism. Also if you aren’t actively trying to crack skulls or imprison people over political beliefs doesn’t mean you are disqualified from being a fascist.

I’ll just put this here. It’s like one of those tests where you answer based on your interests and talents and at the end it tells you what you should do for a living.

Congratulations, you’re a fascist.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump seems to be losing what’s left of his mind, and that was a scarce resource to begin with. Over 60 posts to his white nationalist platform… lots of reposts of stupid memes worshipping him or criticizing the current administration or FBI.

This is going to hurt republicans in the midterms. Trump may also go crazy as a big election nears and he’s not on the ballot (literally, not by proxy). He’ll want the attention on him and he’ll claim victory for those he supported and blame “the establishment right” for those who lost - probably folks like Oz and Walker.

“MAGA candidates did GREAT last night thanks to me, your favorite president. But Herschel Walker lost because of a repeat of the RIGGED and STOLEN election in 2020. MUCH FRAUD! Brian Kemp can’t protect the vote in Georgia!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

In this reporter's experience traveling the country, people are tired of Trump and the bullying Republican party. In some ways the 2 parties are the same, but not on bullying. In that regard the Democrats are the deer in the headlights party, but Republicans will be dry humping Hillary's deplorables comment for the next half-century. We'll just ignore the fact that she was later proven correct in her assessment.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

In this reporter's experience traveling the country, people are tired of Trump and the bullying Republican party. In some ways the 2 parties are the same, but not on bullying. In that regard the Democrats are the deer in the headlights party, but Republicans will be dry humping Hillary's deplorables comment for the next half-century. We'll just ignore the fact that she was later proven correct in her assessment.
If the Dems hold the house and the Senate, it could be a turning point, I might cry for joy.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

A real pickle. My opinion, the Republican Party needs to distance itself away from Trump as much as possible and let the pieces fall where they may. Quit cowering to lunatics. Nothing good is going to come from Trump or Trumpism. Reclaim their values and stop with the agenda of fear and hate. Although I suppose it could be argued that’s always been a big part of the agenda and Trump just turned the volume up to 11. It would be nice if conservatism was more about discipline and less about the collapse of society in their view.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
My opinion, the Republican Party needs to distance itself away from Trump as much as possible and let the pieces fall where they may.
Here's why I think they haven't done so and probably won't. As soon as anyone criticizes Trump he turns on them. It's happened with McConnell, Barr and numerous others. If the GOP in some official way breaks ties with Trump, he just might form his own party and run as an independent for president (of course raking in contributions from his loyal MAGA crowd that he would no doubt misuse), putting up his usual odd assortment of people (Herschel Walker, Mehmet Oz, etc.) for lower offices. He probably won't win, nor would his candidates except maybe in a few localities, but they would take away enough votes from the GOP candidates to turn the elections, many of which are usually fairly close. Basically, the GOP can't win in most places without at least a good percentage of Trump's MAGA base. This is what Trump still holds over them. Of course, the GOP should on principle break ties with Trump for the good of the country, but with few exceptions the party and their own political future seem to be their priority now.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
It would be nice if conservatism was more about discipline and less about the collapse of society in their view.
In the early '80s there was this guy named James Watt who seemed to be intent upon facilitating the landrape of the country. Many other cabinet members at the time also seemed to be pushing venal, reckless agendas. We figured out that it was the fundamentalist bloc promoting Rapture politics – jesus gonna be here, gonna be here soon, so why behave like the world is not gonna end next week?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Here's why I think they haven't done so and probably won't. As soon as anyone criticizes Trump he turns on them. It's happened with McConnell, Barr and numerous others. If the GOP in some official way breaks ties with Trump, he just might form his own party and run as an independent for president (of course raking in contributions from his loyal MAGA crowd that he would no doubt misuse), putting up his usual odd assortment of people (Herschel Walker, Mehmet Oz, etc.) for lower offices. He probably won't win, nor would his candidates except maybe in a few localities, but they would take away enough votes from the GOP candidates to turn the elections, many of which are usually fairly close. Basically, the GOP can't win in most places without at least a good percentage of Trump's MAGA base. This is what Trump still holds over them. Of course, the GOP should on principle break ties with Trump for the good of the country, but with few exceptions the party and their own political future seem to be their priority now.

As much as I have issues with the Democrats including being almost equally culpable in the rise of Trump, they don’t seem to have the same mentality as the GOP that if that party is going to self destruct then they are going to take the country down with it. In fact, at least for now, the Democrats seem to have gone "Holy shit, we better start delivering and moving things in a positive direction". The Republicans have become all retribution with zero care to fallout or ultimate outcome.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Started listening to the book America: The Farwell Tour and Trump and the current Republican party are the predicted death of capitalism personified. In lieu of growing wealth by legitimate or value-added means by the rich and exploiting class they’ll start picking at the bones of the poor, middle class, and government institutions. Trump’s incessant begging for money from his rubes is clearly that. Gutting government institutions is another. Trying to privatize everything that government does serves no other purpose than making those at the top richer while providing lower quality service.

Over many decades the masses have been brainwashed into believing they are helpless and many will turn to people like Trump or religion to bond over anger but no real solutions will be offered or made. Capitalism needs the masses to remain desperate to survive. They’ll only find comfort in nationalist mythology.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I legit wonder if republicans will tolerate another Trump run. Will he have anyone take him on as an opponent? I can’t see him running a primary unopposed, so whether it’s Liz Cheney, Nikki Haley, Pence, DeathSantis or any combo of them, how will they run against Trump? Will they be nice? They’ll get pummeled, Trump doesn’t play nice. Or will they rip into him to better their chances? That would be awesome.

And if he doesn’t run, will they throw him away? He’s clearly the biggest figure but also the biggest drag on the party.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
And if he doesn’t run, will they throw him away? He’s clearly the biggest figure but also the biggest drag on the party.
As I mentioned, I doubt Trump could win if he runs but the GOP needs a sizable percentage of his base to win elections, which are often fairly close. If he bolts and takes them away they will get wiped out except in a few highly predominantly GOP localities.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Maybe he’ll run as an independent candidate and split the R vote (since half of them are MAGA). 🤣

Heh, imagine the RNC and traditional GOP reaction.

Well if Trump did that, McConnell would want to know where the scaffold put up by the 1/6 insurrectionists has been stored. then fetch it out of some evidence locker, repurposing it just long enough for Trump to get a look at it set up on some nice lawn somewhere near Mar a Lago and decide not to run after all. o_O

Top Bottom
1 2