Thread: iPhone 15 / Apple Watch 9 Event

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This will be a minor update if you go by comments at the other place, where appearance >> function. But I agree that the 15 Pro Max will bring some great improvements. Although I'll be getting it mostly because I'm giving my 12 Pro away, I'm excited about the improved camera and USB-C.

I haven't had a larger iPhone since the 6 Plus. I was a bit wary of the size change until I compared the dimensions of the 15 Pro Max to my current phone — it's only about 0.5 inches taller and 0.2 inches wider. I made a cutout of the 15 Pro Max to gauge how it feels in my hand and fits in my shirt pockets, where I usually carry my phone, and concluded it'll be fine.

I did the same thing out of piece of wood before purchasing my 14 PM (coming from a 12). And everything was fine.

One thing that did surprise was the very noticeable weight increase. If the 15 PM case is indeed titanium that would be a welcome feature.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So the 15 is going to be even bigger? I assumed it would be the same size as the previous X Plus Max models.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This will be a minor update if you go by comments at the other place, where appearance >> function. But I agree that the 15 Pro Max will bring some great improvements. Although I'll be getting it mostly because I'm giving my 12 Pro away, I'm excited about the improved camera and USB-C.

Nothing has changed there. I remember posting, multiple times, a timeline that showed that many of the biggest innovations came in S years. All the way back to the 3GS (video camera), 4S (Siri), 5S (touch ID, 64-bit processor), 6S (3D touch - cool at the time :)

I haven't had a larger iPhone since the 6 Plus. I was a bit wary of the size change until I compared the dimensions of the 15 Pro Max to my current phone — it's only about 0.5 inches taller and 0.2 inches wider. I made a cutout of the 15 Pro Max to gauge how it feels in my hand and fits in my shirt pockets, where I usually carry my phone, and concluded it'll be fine.

I did the same back when I first switched to the big phones. Now my eyesight demands big phones anyway.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
So the 15 is going to be even bigger? I assumed it would be the same size as the previous X Plus Max models.
Based on rumors (which are probably accurate where size is concerned), the 15 PM's dimensions will be negligibly different than the 14 PM. According to a Macworld article, it'll weigh less.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
The animation for the September 12 event on Apple's website is worth a peek. It looks like what happens when a body disintegrates in any one of a number of movies, but, in this case, the Apple remains intact. I think the colors may represent some of the choices for the iPhone 15 Pros, especially the blue. We'll find out in less than two weeks.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope they stick to the rumored 9/22 pre-sale date. I’m so ready to order the 15 Ultra Max, or whatever they wind up calling it!

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I hope they stick to the rumored 9/22 pre-sale date. I’m so ready to order the 15 Ultra Max, or whatever they wind up calling it!
I haven’t decided. My Apple Watch 4 probably should be replaced soon. The new iPad Pro will be a must-buy for me. Vision Pro is something I would’ve definitely bought 10 years ago, but now I imagine I would buy it and not make much use of it. Only 1 year I didn’t update my iphone, but this could be another such year if I think I’m also going to buy a watch or one of those other devices.

As for the watch, I don’t use it for much other than notifications and some health stuff, but an always-on display would be very useful to me, and maybe the new Ultra in black (given my eyesight) will be a welcome improvement. I dunno.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
The nice thing about the just-announced new FF compact Sony A7C II and the A7CR is that both have a front dial, which the first-generation A7C does not. The recently released APS-C body, the A6700, also does, which is a first for the APS-C series. That front dial is really useful when one shoots in manual, and I suspect many users of the A7C complained about the lack of it.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Published today by TrendForce, a Taiwanese market research firm...
If the A17 comes with LPDDR5 RAM, does that mean no LPDDR5x for the M3's?

1694162173220.png

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Published today by TrendForce, a Taiwanese market research firm...
If the A17 comes with LPDDR5 RAM, does that mean no LPDDR5x for the M3's?

View attachment 25781
Possible but not necessarily so <- also the Pro/Max/Ultra can have different RAM (I believe the M1 was LPDDR4 while the others in that generation were LPDDR5).

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
The animated version of the graphic is pretty cool. Are they always animated, or is this a first?
Any idea what the sandblasted apple graphic might be hinting at?
Apple named it "Wonderlust", and they do have particles dispersing off into the surroundings, maybe suggesting using Apple devices to visit far-off places (perhap virtually)?

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
iPhone 15 Pro with thunderbolt 5? Intels announcement couldn’t have been timed more suspiciously

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
iPhone 15 Pro with thunderbolt 5? Intels announcement couldn’t have been timed more suspiciously

Seems incredibly unlikely even So. (Unless the increased specs are merely permissive and not required).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I ain't gonna "double tap" with my watch

Top Bottom
1 2