Thread: iPhone 15 / Apple Watch 9 Event

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I like the new find your phone feature, I use it all the time but having it drive you to the exact location will be helpful because I often press it 3 or 4 times until I find it.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
30% improvement to the GPU on the watch is telling. Also getting the ANE in there is interesting.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No black ultra :-(

I may get an ultra anyway. I am on Apple Watch 4, and don’t have always-on, would like the increased brightness and battery life, and my eyes will appreciate the big screen (with the new modular face).

Probably skip a new iphone pro max this year unless there’s a surprise in the announcement. My phone from last year is good enough for everything I use it for, and the only lure is improved camera (which is rumored to improve a lot more next year).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No black ultra :-(

I may get an ultra anyway. I am on Apple Watch 4, and don’t have always-on, would like the increased brightness and battery life, and my eyes will appreciate the big screen (with the new modular face).

Probably skip a new iphone pro max this year unless there’s a surprise in the announcement. My phone from last year is good enough for everything I use it for, and the only lure is improved camera (which is rumored to improve a lot more next year).
Yeah, seems very similar to the 14, I'm on the 13 so I'm looking forward to the new camera stuff.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Takes me back to the old Titanium G4 in some ways. Makes me glad I skipped the 14 and waited.

Time for the 13 to become my engineering device, and grab one of these.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
“A17 Pro” - that’s interesting nomenclature.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
20% faster GPU, going from 5 cores to 6 cores, so I'm a little surprised it's not more. Hardware raytracing, though-- awesome.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
20% faster GPU, going from 5 cores to 6 cores, so I'm a little surprised it's not more. Hardware raytracing, though-- awesome.

Apple tends to be conservative with these pronouncements. They also may have tuned it so that they get power savings. I imagine we’ll see a bigger boost on the m-series.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yeah, I‘m still wondering what the non-Pro A17 would look like.
I am guessing that is for next year’s base-model iphones. Maybe the old USB controller and tuning down some of the other specs. There has been a lot of speculation, supported by Apple’s actions the last couple years, that they want to put more separation between the iPhone and IPhone pro.

And, of course, calling it A17pro implies that they could fork into Max’s and ultras and fork the line into even more phones in the future.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score

Probably efficiency-focused. iPhones have had some problems with sustained performance.

Top Bottom
1 2