Truth Social launching tomorrow?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, I love their shitty landing page, this is the graphic:

1646420576889.png

That profile card to the left, Mr. Bob Jones, joined Sep 2021 months before it opened ...

OMFG! The website in that "example" profile is a live domain, some kind of news site with a "Trump is a sore loser" article, hahaha, they're so fucking stupid :LOL:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
An update on Trump's new social media platform "Truth Social": some execs have resigned.

Just below Trump of course are people he trusts, but just below those are the people that have designed and implemented the application itself, and two of the latter appear to have resigned their positions.

lizkat

Reaction score
Side note: Billy Boozer is an awesome name :D

Per the Reuters piece, both he and the other main guy who resigned didn't even list this job on their LinkedIn pages. Talk about keeping a low profile.

Boozer, also a political conservative who previously lived in Alabama, had collaborated frequently with Adams before joining Truth Social, according to the source. With Adams in place to steer the back-end infrastructure of the app, Boozer brought a strong command of the front-end technology that touches users, according to that source.

The pair kept a low profile despite holding high-ranking positions at the closely watched venture.

Neither Adams nor Boozer disclosed their work at Truth Social on their LinkedIn profiles, which list numerous other jobs and ventures from their past. The company did not publicly announce their hiring.

Adams’ and Boozer’s roles were listed in a November investor presentation as the TMTG technology team’s chief technology officer and chief product officer - but without their last names. When Truth Social launched, they posted frequently on the platform, but again presenting themselves to the public only as “Josh A.” and “Billy B.”

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, from the article @lizkat linked, they're basically the get it done people, tech strategy, product design, team management - now they'll scramble to replace them and the new people will be completely incompetent.

lizkat

Reaction score
Oh yeah, from the article @lizkat linked, they're basically the get it done people, tech strategy, product design, team management - now they'll scramble to replace them and the new people will be completely incompetent.

Plus debugging someone else's code is always a trip to begin with...

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

lots of russian hackers available.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I find the amount of truth on the service lacking. So I started an alternative, alternative service that can be found at bigly-truths.patriot/operation_funnelcake. It’s a fairly straightforward registration process and once you provide your information to the 14 paywalls it will unlock a special feature, a post submit button that will allow you to make up to 3 posts a month!

If money is tight, no problem. There’s also a free version that will allow you to read posts for up to 3 seconds before you get a paywall information request reminder. Still don’t have the money? Just close that window and you can return to 3 more seconds of reading! We’re confident that after about 45 seconds of that you’ll find the money.

To also set us apart from our competition we’ve already preemptively filed numerous lawsuits against ourselves ranging from copyright infringement to security breaches to misleading TOC to unauthorized personal data mining and selling. It goes without saying that we could really use your help in defending ourselves against these frivolous politically motivated lawsuits we filed against ourselves. A donation button will always be present on every page of bigly-truths.patriot/operation_funnelcake.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I find the amount of truth on the service lacking. So I started an alternative, alternative service that can be found at bigly-truths.patriot/operation_funnelcake. It’s a fairly straightforward registration process and once you provide your information to the 14 paywalls it will unlock a special feature, a post submit button that will allow you to make up to 3 posts a month!

If money is tight, no problem. There’s also a free version that will allow you to read posts for up to 3 seconds before you get a paywall information request reminder. Still don’t have the money? Just close that window and you can return to 3 more seconds of reading! We’re confident that after about 45 seconds of that you’ll find the money.

To also set us apart from our competition we’ve already preemptively filed numerous lawsuits against ourselves ranging from copyright infringement to security breaches to misleading TOC to unauthorized personal data mining and selling. It goes without saying that we could really use your help in defending ourselves against these frivolous politically motivated lawsuits we filed against ourselves. A donation button will always be present on every page of bigly-truths.patriot/operation_funnelcake.

Holy shit, hahahah, POTW :ROFLMAO:

"... we’ve already preemptively filed numerous lawsuits against ourselves ..." :LOL:

That seriously needs some kind of award or something 🤣

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Plus debugging someone else's code is always a trip to begin with...

So true, especially my own ... o_O

(I'm literally doing that right now, what in the hell was I thinking/smoking ... well, I know the latter, which may explain the former ...)

The thing is, it's forked from an existing opensource platform (Rails/Node/React), so they probably don't even have a good sense of the codebase, they probably just hacked around to make some changes. Something breaks like in the network layer, they've got to get under the hood, track down dependencies and whatnot. Rails has all sorts of "semantic sugar" so unless you know the codebase really well, it's hard to track down the actual implementation particulars (a similar scenario happened to me).

Anyway, yeah, it's going to be a mess and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of folks. :sneaky:

lizkat

Reaction score
Huge fan of Musk the inventor of Tesla, just can't stand Musk the social media pariah.

I can't quite imagine Musk owning a social platform and coming up with rules that both favor "free speech" and minimize "propaganda". Those are apparently his goals. Every social site owner on the planet would probably nod and say wearily yeah good luck with that.

Top Bottom
1 2