Weather

D

Deleted member 199

We are going to have that same humidity, but the forecast is for 89. They never get that part right. I guess it will hit 92-94. Always does.

We haven't had any meaningful rain in 2 weeks. Need some as I am getting tired of watering all the plants. Every year I say I am going to put in some irrigation, but never do.
Irrigation is one of the best things I’ve done around here, in terms of saving myself time later.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And it's not like that 56% chance of rain will help matters. It'll rain for, maybe, 20 minutes, then the sun will come out in its fully glory, and make everything 10x as muggy.
Exactly. And we’re still in monsoon season, so regardless of the forecast, it’s gonna rain. But no worries, it’s almost hurricane season.
The weather is gorgeous in New Hampshire today. Sunny, mid-70s.
What are you doing in New Hampshire?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The weather is gorgeous in New Hampshire today. Sunny, mid-70s.
It’s been a good NH summer, IMO. Not everyone agrees with me (rain) but I’ve gotten 15 boat days in and July isn’t over.

In the past week, I’ve boated twice, had a kayak day, and a beach day. Great weather each time. It helps not to work a M-F schedule and have a lot of weekdays off.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
So I'm sitting upstairs. I've got two fans on me, yet I'm still covered in a sheen of sweat. The sun is shining, and the birds are chirping. There's no reason to think that a bolt of lightning is about to strike in my back yard, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

...but it does.

...and it scared the absolute shit out of me.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So I'm sitting upstairs. I've got two fans on me, yet I'm still covered in a sheen of sweat. The sun is shining, and the birds are chirping. There's no reason to think that a bolt of lightning is about to strike in my back yard, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

...but it does.

...and it scared the absolute shit out of me.

Was it followed by an actual storm? or maybe was it just one of those proofs that what meteorologists say about that stuff, that lightning can strike miles away from an active storm cell. Did it fry anything in the yard?

lizkat

Reaction score
Just visiting :cool:

I feel like I'm "just visiting" the month of April all over again right here... what a weird summer. Supposed to be in the mid-40s overnight, usually by now it's the mid-50s in July during the wee hours, but we're in another chilly spell.

more like april than july.jpg

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Was it followed by an actual storm? or maybe was it just one of those proofs that what meteorologists say about that stuff, that lightning can strike miles away from an active storm cell. Did it fry anything in the yard?

Yup, a little blotch of a storm passed by shortly after. It was all rain and fury for about 10 minutes, then the sun came out again.

lizkat

Reaction score
Today we've had nice mid-70s and scattered sunshine on tap, and I'm bookmarking it, since the forecast has us edging up into the high 70s and low 80s that are more typical for us here in August. Nights are forecast not to fall below 60ºF for about a week ahead, so all those meanwhile shivering tomatoes and eggplants will finally catch a break.... and same with their owners, some of whom have been out to cover their slowly ripening treasures up before nightfall during our weird dips into the 40s recently on clear evenings. It's not out of the question to have an early killing frost by mid-August. I'd like to think we prepaid on that gig and will have a lingering summer, since July was the coolest and wettest I can remember.

lizkat

Reaction score
We're getting to flood stage in upstate New York off all the rain from Fred. From two to five inches more rainfall overnight into Thursday, some areas already got two to four on Wednesday, plus we were already pretty well topped off after one of the wettest July rainfall-hauls I can remember. So far right here we're dodging the flood stage bullet but when it quits raining for ten minutes now and then, I can hear the creek roaring through the bottom of the valley like a freight train, about a quarter mile away. On a normal day in August the trout have deserted that thing for deeper brooks downstream and all that's left are minnows. Hope the ledger rocks hold that they stuck along the banks of a brook down in the village after the last time a real flood ripped through there and threatened to undercut the road.

rain hammering nys.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2