Weather

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's snowing here.

But the snow is yellow (not that kind...) and it makes my eyes itch ...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
That wind is really fierce today! I went out to collect my mail at the kiosk and the wind all but blew my hair off! It's also done a fairly effective job of ripping the delicate blossoms off the trees and now the ground and our cars in the parking lot are covered in petals.

Wow, I just went to reply to your post and our power went out. Damn!

Guess they meant what they said when forecasting possible power outages with our winds and t-storms today during a one-day "summer" before the weather drops back to snowy conditions this weekend.

Well it's been an uninspiring summer so far, eh?

[ Update: well the outage only lasted long enough for everyone's gennies to kick in or for people to start rounding up their battery-operated lanterns... although it took a little longer for net service to get rebooted.

Anyway it's too sad about the wind taking out wonderful spring flower displays. I just hate when that happens. Same in early summer here when the peonies come into magnificent bloom and then some torrential rain lays whole hedges of them to waste.
This is what a camera is for, but I never think of it until watching a storm roll in...

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Yes, while I have had a wonderful time with the cherry blossoms (or whatever they are, I still really don't know), I'm afraid that the Tulip Magnolias this year are definitely going to be a bust when it comes to producing beautiful, delicate blossoms with the most wonderful scent.... I've only managed to get one shot so far of a Tulip Magnolia and that was yesterday before today's rain and winds. Tomorrow I'll go out and check out the scene at the trees but I am not optimistic. Too bad, as I love those guys: along with the Daffodils and the Cherry Blossoms, they are a wonderful harbinger of Good Things To Come in terms of Spring and Summer.... The Daffodils, by the way, good hardy souls that they are, are doing just fine, as I noted when going out to get the mail.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Here in Blighty it felt like we had all the seasons in one day yesterday…

Started off feeling like Spring, by noon it felt quite summery.

Late afternoon it was snowing heavily (Not on the forecast)… and an hour later we were back in early Spring.

Today, who knows?

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

lizkat

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, behold the temperature swings in March 2022 in Binghamton, NY. Subtract 6 to 12 degrees for the mountains. It's a trip when even the high for a day is in the below normal range, likewise when the day's low lands in the above normal range. So far in my old age I don't wake up wondering where I am, but based on temp swings like this, I could be forgiven for such wonderment.

the rollercoaster called March 2022.jpg

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
it hit 91º today here on the west side of Los Angeles......not supposed to do that until the middle of the summer and even then it only happens on several days in the whole of the summer

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
it hit 91º today here on the west side of Los Angeles......not supposed to do that until the middle of the summer and even then it only happens on several days in the whole of the summer
Same here in the central valley, it's going to be a hot year. 🥵

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Well, this has been an interesting weather day, first that insane situation (see above - it was pretty spooky - it was calm, pitch black with rolling clouds like looked like smoke), then raining, then sunny, then raining while sunny - then the temp had a massive drop, and some of the rain turned into hail - then all that blew out, it's sunny, blowing ~15MPH (with some 20MPG gusts) and like 81° ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, and there's a marine warning ... yeah, ya think? :ROFLMAO:

Though I did stop into a local bar and heard these guys talking about going on a fishing run, I'm sure they'll be OK ...

1649367893751.png

lizkat

Reaction score
Rainy here today, but at least it's not snow or tornado weather!

My attention is on Kansas city, where the Cleveland Guardians are playing the Royals for Opening Day.

Out there it's in the sixth inning, and the weather is deteriorating with 30-40mph wind gusts and some intermittent precipitation (part snow, part rain!). So any ball hit into the air is... well, an adventure, but the game is so far proceeding. The concession stands are doing a land office business selling coffee and hot dogs to the hardy fans putting up with howling winds more like winter than April.

lizkat

Reaction score
So the Catskills ended up with 2 to 3 inches of rain and since the ground is still partly frozen it was ponding up everywhere, making a horrendous mess. Flood warnings persist for another day or so on creeks and feeders to these headwaters of the Delaware and Susquehanna river systems.

Ugh... could be fish in a few backyards this morning. At least it wasn't snow. That would have been some pile of the white stuff to plow away. In fact we have snow forecast for Sunday, and a few nights of below-freezing temps, so I hope the sun and breeze today will clear some of this ponded water away quickly, and that the ground continues to thaw so more water can be absorbed.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Still getting those wonderful but brief cold fronts where it ends up on the 50s in the morning and highs in the 70s, paradise-a-cal. What get’s annoying for me when the lows are 78F and highs in the 90s. Usually for Houston, that happens in the June-Sep time frame.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Still getting those wonderful but brief cold fronts where it ends up on the 50s in the morning and highs in the 70s, paradise-a-cal. What get’s annoying for me when the lows are 78F and highs in the 90s. Usually for Houston, that happens in the June-Sep time frame.
And the humidity in the 70's or higher and you can chew the air.

Top Bottom
1 2