Will Kevin McCarthy become Speaker?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Gaetz - to what little credit he has - remains calm under pressure and is pretty funny. A journalist caught him in the hall, and Gaetz said of McCarthy - "I think he's going through the stages of grief" and carried on as if things were business as usual.
Sounds like McCarthy and Gaetz got into a shouting match today. Meanwhile, these clowns cannot even govern themselves, let alone a country. They've become a total shitshow.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Isn't there someone else? There are 23 other Republicans who have longer tenures than Jordan in Congress.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 3.21.17 PM.png

Our news media just cannot help themselves

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Divided on what?

And no they can't. To them, we are just clicks.
Honestly? Unsure. It was obviously a news segment on TV so I tried looking it up online to see if CNN was currently running such a story on their website. The closest I got was a CNN article from a week ago that the war in Gaza could totally rip the Democrats apart. The article actually concludes that, aside from some verbal elbows, in fact the Democratic party is not, so far, undergoing any meaningful intra-party fight ... but still states that "it totally could all fall apart for the Democrats! and so that totally justifies writing all the words in this story and titling it as though the Democrats really are splitting apart." Even if that wasn't it in particular no doubt it was something of that variety - "it isn't happening but wow it totally could though right?" since I can't actually think of a meaningful split happening right now. "Dems in disarray" is just such a trope of the news media, it's an itch they cannot help but scratch.

And yeah they do it for the clicks. After all I felt the need to look it up and clicked on a CNN article so I guess they got me. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I am not of the opinion that all Republicans are bad, many of them simply want to represent those who voted for them and are decent people (whether we agree with their positions or not). I don't want to pigeonhole all of them, IMO that's pretty unfair. Most of those in the House clearly want a sane path forward and to get back to work, it's a bad look and they know it.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am not of the opinion that all Republicans are bad, many of them simply want to represent those who voted for them and are decent people (whether we agree with their positions or not). I don't want to pigeonhole all of them, IMO that's pretty unfair. Most of those in the House clearly want a sane path forward and to get back to work, it's a bad look and they know it.
Counterpoint, what if representing those who voted for them is exactly why we are in this mess?
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 7.33.13 PM.png

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jordan is not going to win. They're not going to vote him down twice, call him a bully, then vote him in as Speaker in January. He's done, he's just enjoying his time in the spotlight and looking to stretch it out.

*Now they're saying that the McHenry deal is dead, and Jordan says he's still going to run... just doesn't know when he'll ask for a vote. Unreal!
I figure they will keep dragging out votes just long enough to cause a total shutdown in November. Cause that’s the real goal of the Republicans in Congress.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Yeah, but they still all went to floor and voted for Jim f******g Jordan. This is like 195 democrats voting for the guy who pulled the fire alarm… but worse. Way worse.

Not one bill in sixteen years. Part of January 6. A sex scandal that’s hung over his head. And as we speak, he’s leading the conference.

The GOP establishment is not going to let Gaetz win no matter what. He got McCarthy booted so they are damn sure not going to let him win.

Voting for Jim Jordan is the best condemnation of Gaetz they could muster?

*Another Republican spoke out about Jordan…

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The death threats are insane, I don't care what party one is in it must be denounced by everyone full stop. I hope they're pursuing and plan to prosecute every one of these sick assholes.

Ken Buck one of multiple Republicans receiving death threats for voting against Rep. Jim Jordan as House Speaker​

Rep. Ken Buck told NBC News, “So far, I’ve had four death threats.” His office has also received a barrage of phone calls, to the point that there are 20,000 voicemails they haven’t been able to get to.

His office said per policy, threatening calls are reported to authorities immediately to be investigated.

Buck added he was also served an eviction notice at one of his state offices because “the landlord is mad with my voting record on the Speaker issue.”

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I sincerely hope those congressmen receiving threats are doing more than telling the media. They should be taking the evidence to the police and FBI. Are they?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
McCarthy speaking for Gym. He's learned nothing. This is his Kiss The Ring, Mar-A-Lago visit 2.0

Top Bottom
1 2