Call them ALL out

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wow. I regret clicking that link. My eyes are burning from the cluster-f of intrusive ads, and the other articles offered up to me are:

View attachment 16112
Hmm, maybe I should read about how Jill Biden hates half of America. Which half I wonder….

🤢😝
Yeah man, that sounded like something from a radical right wing site, makes sense now. Nobody in the mainstream are saying these things outside of extreme channels.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Dude, I don't know a single person saying these things nor have I even heard of it until now. Got a source?

Get in a time machine and go to 1950, maybe? I’ve never heard such thing

Obviously this article is full of nonsense, but the Corbett Tweet was real and I have encountered "Uncle Tom" used against certain black politicians among some on another forum I post on.

The Washington times is a very scary publication, so I’m not going to click on that link.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Obviously this article is full of nonsense, but the Corbett Tweet was real and I have encountered "Uncle Tom" used against certain black politicians among some on another forum I post on.

Not so much commenting on the name calling here, but there’s a difference between a black Republican and a black Republican supporting the tenants of white supremacy and replacement theory and Thomas definitely leans towards the latter. We have a lot of ignorant people in this country but a supreme court justice doesn’t qualify to use that excuse.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope he gets the one year maximum. Might be too much to hope for, though.

Whatever he gets it's going to be seen as a badge of honor with his fellow assholes and it won't be seen as a deterrent to anything. In fact he'll probably do some serious recruiting while he's sitting in the can. More time served means more recruits.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If you can give us a good reason why it should be on CNN, please post it.

Because it is news. And it was important enough that @Eric started a thread about it.

If you are OK with this type of behavior, that's fine. But it is news and is being covered by almost all the financial news sites.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
My point was simply that CNN didn't report it even though multiple right-leaning and right-wing news sources had.

What the hell is everyone's obsession with CNN? I can't think of a single person who uses the channel as their primary news source, nor does anyone swear by them as the sole arbiters of truth.

Why is it constantly bandied about like it's some insult? I can't go a day on Facebook (which I'm currently enjoying another 30 day ban from) without some mouthbreather saying "OLOL WATCH SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES CNN KTHXBYE" in response to something I say.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What the hell is everyone's obsession with CNN? I can't think of a single person who uses the channel as their primary news source, nor does anyone swear by them as the sole arbiters of truth.

Why is it constantly bandied about like it's some insult? I can't go a day on Facebook (which I'm currently enjoying another 30 day ban from) without some mouthbreather saying "OLOL WATCH SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES CNN KTHXBYE" in response to something I say.
I rarely actually watch any cable news, I get it from the normal nightly news from the major networks and online with news aggregators but Republicans think that ANY source outside of Fox News is feeding you lies. You've never seen more clueless sheep living in a bubble of ignorance.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I rarely actually watch any cable news, I get it from the normal nightly news from the major networks and online with news aggregators but Republicans think that ANY source outside of Fox News is feeding you lies. You've never seen more clueless sheep living in a bubble of ignorance.

I love how the current line of reasoning behind the news coming out of the Jan. 6th commission is to immediately blame Pelosi for the whole thing. She blocked 30,000 National Guard troops from being deployed at the Capitol just to make Trump look bad!

...which, of course, hinges upon the notion that she knew what Trump would do beforehand, and knew how his fanatical fanbase would react. So even if she did block the Nation Guard, which she didn't, it doesn't exactly exonerate Trump, or excuse the riot, considering her entire conspiracy to make Trump look bad relied entirely on allowing Trump to do something to make himself look bad.

Though all the rioters COULD'VE been Antifa and BLM. All of them except for Ashlii Babbitt, the only true patriot there that day, who just happened to be TOTALLY MURDERED!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Whatever he gets it's going to be seen as a badge of honor with his fellow assholes and it won't be seen as a deterrent to anything. In fact he'll probably do some serious recruiting while he's sitting in the can. More time served means more recruits.
Hope he gets the one year maximum. Might be too much to hope for, though.
He was found guilty on two counts, each of which has a one-year maximum sentence and a 30-day minimum.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

The specific genesis of THIS call-out of CNN was the doing of Fox specifically. Fox posted a ”story” about Nancy Pelosi’s husband exercising stock options of NVIDIA in June. They somehow thought that because the CHIPS act was going through the Senate in July, that it was somehow an indication of insider trading. But, they had no evidence of this, and the timing makes no sense either, and NVIDIA is one of the companies set to benefit the LEAST from the law in its current form.

None of this stopped Fox employees from being angry about the fact that no other network considered this to be a big scoop. So instead of gathering any additional evidence, they simply posted a new story whining about how CNN and other networks were refusing to cover the non-story that Fox employees think is so earth-shattering.

The person who posted the question here was just parroting Fox’s own whiny headline.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of calling out our own side, can we stop with calling black people "field n*****" and "Uncle Tom" when they support Republicans? Pretty disgusting on the part of white liberals, which I see from time to time.
I don't ever recall seeing a single white person doing this. And I think it's the right of Black people to use that language and call him out as he is among the type of Black Republicans that like to say Black Dems/progressives are on a plantation -- even if he doesn't have the balls to say it directly, he's communicated it indirectly. It's a tit-for-tat situation. I remember that when he was nominated to the Supreme Court he garnered support from Black people across the political spectrum: Democrats and Republicans; liberals, conservatives and moderates; men and women; even some chapters of the NAACP. They (foolishly) gave him the benefit of the doubt. Even in the face of Anita Hill's credible testimony. Even once he used the race card that throughout his entire career he and his supporters said other Blacks used. His charge of a "high-tech lynching" burns me till this fucking day.

Those insults are not simply about being Black Republicans. It's about being anti-Black and supportive of white supremacy (sic) and right-wing nonsense. There's been a strain of anti-Black, self-hating Black people as long as the Republic has been around. Republicans love anti-Black Black people. See Tom Tillis. See Herschel Walker. See Charles Evers. It's one thing to be conservative. It's quite another to be self-hating and in service to white supremacy (sic) and the destruction of your own people. Those assholes are clueless at best, or self-serving without a care damage the damage their bring about.

I only regret the use of "Uncle Tom" as a pejorative since the actual character and real-life Uncle Tom that the character was based was not self-hating and was actually a decent, inspiring person. Sambo is a much more appropriate name/term based on the character in Stowe's book. Clarence Thomas is definitely a Sambo. The Sambo of all Sambos!!!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Not an obsession with CNN. But as cable news sources go, they are going to be the closest to the middle of the road in terms of hard news. I do trust them for most reporting.

As for the bubble, that goes both ways.

Everything is news. @Eric has posted about plenty of things that CNN is not covering.

Not relevant at all.

There you go. Niche news. Case closed.

There is a bill in Congress to make this sort of thing illegal. Relevant now?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There is a bill in Congress to make this sort of thing illegal. Relevant now?
What “sort of thing” do you mean specifically?

Also, are you talking about a bill introduced in February? How is that “news” in July? Again, Fox really WANTS certain things to be “news,” but just like the use of the word in their network’s name, it doesn’t really apply.

PS - How do I know you’re talking about a bill introduced in February? Because I loaded Fox News’ homepage and saw the story you’re parroting right there. SO predictable.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What “sort of thing” do you mean specifically?

Also, are you talking about a bill introduced in February? How is that “news” in July? Again, Fox really WANTS certain things to be “news,” but just like the use of the word in their network’s name, it doesn’t really apply.

PS - How do I know you’re talking about a bill introduced in February? Because I loaded Fox News’ homepage and saw the story you’re parroting right there. SO predictable.

Yes "Introduced" in February. But currently stalled.

You know what, let's forget I ever posted anything about it. If you all are fine with Congress (and I mean members of BOTH parties) using their inside information to profit, then you get what you deserve.

I'm about done here. You all accuse the GOP of living in a bubble, but the left is just as bad. I actually have liberal friends that I get along just fine with. How many conservative friends do you all have? Not that I expect an honest answer, but you can keep lying to yourselves all you want. You live in a bubble.

Top Bottom
1 2