Georgia Senate race cliffhanger

U

User.45

But, sigh... the media may not be done relying on the clickbait value of antics by the likes of Nunes and Jordan to sell papers, and now they have not only Marjorie Taylor Greene but the Glock-toter Lauren Boebert (with an interesting history of her own encounters with law enforcement in the past) to continue to showcase if they think their revenue streams need a boost.
She's the new kid on the Glock!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Interesting race. Both Loeffler and Perdue up momentarily, but the NYT now estimates Warnock to have a 3 to 1, and Ossoff to have a 2 to 1 odds of winning. That is based on their estimate of the distribution in the remaining votes.

Remember, when I preprojected the Georgia and Wisconsin win? The NYT was the first to reflect those odds. I think they use some kind of Bayesian statistical analysis method for this. It seems pretty sophisticated.

They brought in some different outlooks after 2016 election night experiences, that's for sure... šŸ˜µ

lizkat

Reaction score
Yeah looking at the NYT updates, I might have to make some popcorn...

Well I don't want to get ahead of the data from districts w/ slow counts that could end up into tomorrow.

Wonder if McConnell is trying on the idea of being the Senate's minority leader (just in case).

U

User.45

Yeah looking at the NYT updates, I might have to make some popcorn...

Well I don't want to get ahead of the data from districts w/ slow counts that could end up into tomorrow.

Wonder if McConnell is trying on the idea of being the Senate's minority leader (just in case).
Now the odds are 11 to 1 for Warnock, 3 to 1 for Ossoff.
Mitch is getting close to not ever being senate majority leader ever again in his lifetime.

lizkat

Reaction score
From running commentary by NYT guys watching the Georgia news:

commentary by NYT Georgia watchers.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Wow, Perdue's lead has already shrunk to less than 500 votes with 110K left to count. It is starting to feel like Ossoff's going to find a landing spot on the runway next to Warnock.

This is a clip from the WaPo updates at about a quarter to midnight.

perdue lead evaporates to 500 votes.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Trump ruined the Republican party, and I love it!!! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

Yeah their GOP mommas must not have warned them off ever picking up a hitchhiker.

Funny thing Lindsey Graham warning against rolling w/ Trump and in the end he was a prime supporter at a terrible cost to his reputation. The lure of thinking they could all retain and profit from sharing Trump's cobbled-together base was too strong for all these guys. "So much winning,,,"

Top Bottom
1 2