Ilhan Omar to introduce articles of impeachment

U

User.45

I’ll say that is an open question. Let’s see how the vote goes, and then let’s see how many Republicans punish their Senators. I admit In combination with Democrats in applicable States, if enough of them turn, the refuse to hold Trump accountable Senators could find themselves out of jobs. At the same time I view these elected Republican officials people like Jordan, Gaetz, Gomer, Graham, McConnell, Cruz and the latest nut case MARJORIE, are products of the citizens representing the majority of 24 States where Republicans have total control.

Now I live in one of those States, and the good news is that the Texas appears to be purplish, areas like Houston which is huge and Austin run Democratic. But Texas us vast, but we just have to overcome all the country bumpkins who for whatever reason elect Right Wing corrupt dopes who think that truth is a hinderance. They have made a calculation the Right Wing liars is better than Left Wing truth.

Side note, Gomer's performance was most likely a side-effect of a little too much carbidopa-levodopa, statistically most likely for the treatment of Parkinson's.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you are right while I look at 70M votes for this POS who was a POS before 6Jan.
Given the amount of projection seen so far, it would be really interesting to have an independent audit conducted of the voting machines not targeted by Trump/Republicans... :LOL:

The millions of votes in 2016 were bad enough. But at least they had the excuse of voting against the establishment. The ones in 2020 on the other hand? Yikes.

2022 will be very interesting. Lots to prove. Will anyone be held accountable? Stay tuned!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you are young and ideal you may be more able to make radical change. I was 20 when I threw off the Republican Party because of Watergate, although I tended to lean Republican until gaining more wisdom, insight, and perspective working in labor, while watching the Republican Party continue to spiral down into blatant deceit and reliance on wedge issues to control and appeal to their target base.

If you are young and into radical change then the Republican party wouldn't be the party for you even before Trump. The Republican party is the party of radical status quo.

Nationally the Republican party was in decline even before Trump. Trump is just splitting the party, causing many voters to leave it. I see the impeachment and outcome as a big deal, but I don't think many registered Republicans are going to stay or leave just based on the verdict. The Trump loyalists are going to destroy the party regardless, and even if the Republicans decide to convict it still won't stop the Trump loyalists from trying to take over.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe a first time young voter is mature enough to grapple with that. They have their pet issues, upbringing, and social circles and echo chambers like anybody else. If they are right leaning they probably aren't watching the impeachment trial at all. Not to mention many young people don't vote at all unless you give them something young people feel passionate about. Corrupt politicians is nothing new.
Young voters are the best educated in history. They aren’t voting Trump anywhere.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Given the amount of projection seen so far, it would be really interesting to have an independent audit conducted of the voting machines not targeted by Trump/Republicans... :LOL:

The millions of votes in 2016 were bad enough. But at least they had the excuse of voting against the establishment. The ones in 2020 on the other hand? Yikes.

2022 will be very interesting. Lots to prove. Will anyone be held accountable? Stay tuned!
The left hasn‘t always played its hand well. Generally the marketing has been terrible.

I can personally put together better marketing than Labour, the Lib Dem’s and the Greens. And I’m not particularly good at marketing.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t understand how there isn’t serious contempt of court-like charges with harsh punishments for what a large number of Republicans are doing right now with their “I’m voting to acquit regardless. La lalala la la lala! I’m not listening!” shit. I don’t give a fuck about their constituent’s desires. This isn’t a popularity contest. This affects the whole country now and in the future and shouldn’t come down to just their voters removing them or keeping them in office. It’s seriously reprehensible and I’d say even criminal. It’s unfortunate the founding fathers didn’t put in more safeguards against a large coalition of treasonous liars taking office but they probably assumed the brakes would have been pumped a long, long time ago in the past 4 years.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t understand how there isn’t serious contempt of court-like charges with harsh punishments for what a large number of Republicans are doing right now with their “I’m voting to acquit regardless. La lalala la la lala! I’m not listening!” shit. I don’t give a fuck about their constituent’s desires. This isn’t a popularity contest. This affects the whole country now and in the future and shouldn’t come down to just their voters removing them or keeping them in office. It’s seriously reprehensible and I’d say even criminal. It’s unfortunate the founding fathers didn’t put in more safeguards against a large coalition of treasonous liars taking office but they probably assumed the brakes would have been pumped a long, long time ago in the past 4 years.
How could they have predicted a right wing news reality bubble, with lies reaching millions within minutes? It’s a virtual asylum, run by right wing media, with senators and congresspeople as inmates.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
How could they have predicted a right wing news reality bubble, with lies reaching millions within minutes? It’s a virtual asylum, run by right wing media, with senators and congresspeople as inmates.

Republicans have been lying to their constituents for decades. Trump just advanced that same path by about 80 pegs. I know it’s hard for us on the left to see this, but Trump’s success wasn’t just a condemnation of Democrats. It was also a condemnation of establishment Republicans.

On the left it appeared the Republicans main purpose was obstruction and sticking it to liberals, even before Trump. And they appeared to be quite good at it. But those efforts and successes weren’t equating to jobs. Both the Democrats and Republicans are complicit in screwing the working class and inventing scapegoats that aren’t their donors. The only main difference is Democrats waving around more welfare as a solution. Then they shifted to pushing higher education, essentially saying you are too dumb to be employable. Now all that false scapegoating is coming to a head and they’re still refusing to come clean.

For all the blowhards still insisting we just need a strong leader, I think it would go a long way if top members of both parties got together and publicly apologized to the American people for letting it get to this. No need (or benefit) to blame one party more than another. Collectively they screwed us. Honestly I see this as the only way to deesculate things and return some sense of sanity. Continuing down the path to a sane party and a completely insane party isn’t going to end well no matter which party you align with.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I don’t understand how there isn’t serious contempt of court-like charges with harsh punishments for what a large number of Republicans are doing right now
It’s not just that. You’ve probably heard by now about Josh Hawley listening to the House prosecutors while doing things like reading, putting his feet up on the chair in front of him, and generally not paying attention. This, during what have been some riveting, harrowing presentations. Talk about contempt.

Young voters are the best educated in history. They aren’t voting Trump anywhere.
I wish I could believe that. A lot of these Proud Boys and Oath Keepers aren’t exactly doddering old men. Hell, a couple of Halloween ago I had a roughly 18 year old Trick-or-Treater whose “costume” was a TRUMP 2020 FUCK YOUR FEELINGS sweatshirt.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Okay, what the hell...?

Three GOP senators meet with Trump's lawyers on eve of impeachment defense presentation

They can’t be advising Trump’s lawyers to throw in the towel. 😡 This smells.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watching this trial and getting furious.
You mean the Impeachment Managers have to do triple back flips to convince the GOP of not the facts, but to uphold their oath of office and hold the Head Seditionist accountable for a physical assault on the Capitol Building.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Okay, what the hell...?

Three GOP senators meet with Trump's lawyers on eve of impeachment defense presentation

They can’t be advising Trump’s lawyers to throw in the towel. 😡 This smells.
That reminder that this isn't the court of law
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1360008242550640640/
Because if there were, there would be penalties for jurors & defense attorneys doing such things.

Unfortunately duplicitous individuals such as Cruz & Graham are fully aware and/or don't care.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I do have to say: now that the "prosecution" has rested, I greatly admire the case they argued. The evidence they introduced was presented in a logical, methodical order, and it was damning...as were the closing arguments during which Raskin & co. anticipated some of the arguments Trump's lawyers might make. This was a master class in prosecution of a crime.

It isn't going to be easy for Schoen and Castor. Already they're signaling they're going to talk about the "hypocrisy" of Democrats "while ignoring calls for violence from within their own ranks." IOW, they're not going to refute the facts, they're going to rely on whataboutism.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I do have to say: now that the "prosecution" has rested, I greatly admire the case they argued. The evidence they introduced was presented in a logical, methodical order, and it was damning...as were the closing arguments during which Raskin & co. anticipated some of the arguments Trump's lawyers might make. This was a master class in prosecution of a crime.

It isn't going to be easy for Schoen and Castor. Already they're signaling they're going to talk about the "hypocrisy" of Democrats "while ignoring calls for violence from within their own ranks." IOW, they're not going to refute the facts, they're going to rely on whataboutism.
Why pretend? Just run around the senate giving every Republican wedgies and pies in the face, take a leak on the Senate floor, etc. for 2 days. Completely humiliate every GOP Senator and watch them vote to acquit anyway. Republican Senators won’t convict Trump. I hope they prove me wrong, but I don’t think so.

Top Bottom
1 2