Ilhan Omar to introduce articles of impeachment

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
They kept bringing up the 74 million who voted for Trump. How this is divisive toward them. How about the 81 million who voted against him? Look, I'm sure murderers have families, friends and supporters. Should we no longer convict murderers because it may further divide their friends and families and those of the victims? Of course not.

U

User.45

The argument that Trump is entitled to first amendment protection in his case is absolutely ridiculous. If I said, "I believe all Nazis should be killed on the spot," that would be a protected, free speech. I am expressing personal opinion, perhaps one that is unpopular, but still very much an opinion. If I said to a large group of people, "Let's round up all the Nazis and kill them on the spot," that would be a specific, targeted threat toward a specific group of people. That would be incitement to violence. That's not a protected, free speech.

What's so hard to understand about this?
What's really funny is Trump's twitter addiction timestamped the shit out of events. I never realized HOW MUCH the guy tweets until I wanted to check a July tweet of him in September and after 5 minutes of continuous scrolling I was still in the beginning of August.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would be surprised if he did, because that is literally what he does. If I was arrested for pissing on Trump's grave, I wouldn't call these guys, let alone a representation before the Senate. Then again, they are arguing a case that is a slam dunk in favor of the prosecution.
Don’t forget literally no one good would defend Trump.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
As I suggested before, Trump’s lawyers just took a dump on the floor of the Senate chamber because they know it’s already decided. GOP Senators are morally bankrupt and hardly worthy of the title “human“, much less “United States Senator.” The lawyers literally refused to answer basic factual questions because… why should they?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That guy Van see Veen is great at the Republican game of twisting things around. “Hatred should have no place in this chamber,” he says, implying the entire impeachment is about Democrats’ hate for Trump... conveniently ignoring that on Jan. 6 a genuine hate mob stormed the Capitol, tried to steal the election and almost got our Congress killed. But this trial is all about hate for Donald Trump? Is he for real??

Then there’s Trump’s lawyers claiming Antifa was among the arrests. Again—really??

And Trump is a man of peace, and it wasn’t an insurrection anyway.

You’ve just left reality and entered...The Republican Zone.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That guy Van see Veen is great at the Republican game of twisting things around. “Hatred should have no place in this chamber,” he says, implying the entire impeachment is about Democrats’ hate for Trump... conveniently ignoring that on Jan. 6 a genuine hate mob stormed the Capitol, tried to steal the election and almost got our Congress killed. But this trial is all about hate for Donald Trump? Is he for real??

Then there’s Trump’s lawyers claiming Antifa was among the arrests. Again—really??

And Trump is a man of peace, and it wasn’t an insurrection anyway.

You’ve just left reality and entered...The Republican Zone.
He was trying to do his best impression of an old-time TV lawyer, but it was a pathetic performance. When one cannot even acknowledge a question being asked, and instead starts talking about something completely unrelated, you know they‘ve got NOTHING.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Trump “lawyer” is lecturing the Senate about their procedures and saying everybody has to come to his office in Philadelphia? He says video depositions aren’t legal? Since when? People have used them for decades… what a total bag of nuts.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lindsey Graham voted to support calling witnesses :oops:
6706F1BE-5015-4589-BB1D-E60EE96E5706.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ted Cruz just recommended calling Pelosi as a witness because she might have said not to get extra security on 1/6 due to optics.

Not sure why that proves Trump didn’t incite, but....

Top Bottom
1 2