Ilhan Omar to introduce articles of impeachment

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One has to wonder if they thought this through, every witness called will have to have a majority vote. No way Dems are going to approve of frivolously calling people from their own party for political points and the Republicans who are siding with Dems won't join in unless they're relevant to the case.

They're backs are against the wall here, Trump's legal team are in over their heads and even though they'll still likely never convict this will be center stage in the court of public opinion. It can only serve to hurt their party but they asked for it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The Trump “lawyer” is lecturing the Senate about their procedures and saying everybody has to come to his office in Philadelphia? He says video depositions aren’t legal? Since when? People have used them for decades… what a total bag of nuts.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1360628077357768705/

Sometimes I am stunned out how meta real life can be.

If they need cameras, I'm sure the sex store next door can help out.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
GO DEMS!!!
OMG-facepalm-GIF.gif

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is probably why the Democratic Party caved on witnesses.

Because if Trumps people left who was he going to get instead? A public defender?

And McConnell could have (quite reasonably) asked for an adjournment. Letting impeachment run on and on will not be popular.

Strictly they wanted 1 witness and they got a statement from them entered onto the record.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1360654807430742016/

If you take this and the above then the trial could easily have gone on another month. 2 week adjournment with no business for Trump to get new lawyers and then 2 weeks for witnesses.

And if the Dems refused an adjournment then the republicans could vote down impeachment because Trump didn’t get a fair trial which is a much, much more reasonable argument than whatever bullshit excuse they will use now.

EDIT: Given how much barrel scraping Trump has with his lawyers there could be multiple adjournments.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I turned it off. They aren't going to convict. So many GOP won't even attempt to listen so didn't show up. It's a joke.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1358854940131794947/
This country is experiencing a Constitutional Crisis. We in our wisdom have filled half of the Congress with people who have ZERO interest in honoring the Constitution, the rule of law, tradions and standards of integrity. I got shudders of fear listening to the blatant lies being told at the Stop the Steal rallies. We've got a whole army of mini-Trumps now trying to subvert every value we claim to hold dear for perceived self advantage... power over the sheep, the Kool Aid drunk sheep.

What we have now is living in the age of the Cult of Trump, corruption up to our necks. It's now a game of stump the dummies, while allowing the Kool-aid drinkers to pretend they are patriotic, that they believe in "the American way" while blatantly subverting the Constitution, and using rationalization and lies to keep themselves content and fooled about what they have actually allowed to happen, the ongoing attempts to corrupt our democratic processes. And it's not over yet, not by a long shot.

Thankfully I don't believe that most of us are anywhere close to wanting a civil war. Therefore I have hope. It was evident that Trump's corrupt tentacles were clearly not long enough to proclaim himself emperor. We can hope that the majority become engaged in the political process that steers the Nation. This last election Georgia flipped for a Democrat President. We have a lot more work to do to make it into the sunlight and it's not assured by any means.

Now Team Trump Lawyers are starting their fool'd ya gyrations... :poop:
Are you fooled?

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Raskin is asking “Is this America?” and reminding Senators that their decision will be remembered by history. He‘s making acquittal seem like an immoral and unpatriotic vote.
Asking ”Is this America?” and reminding Senators that their decision will be remembered by history... Could be either side making that argument. Scary.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And I think we should remember that we should be careful with the word acquittal.

Trump will not be found innocent in this trial. The two standard verdicts are guilty and not guilty. The latter doesn’t mean you are innocent. It means the prosecution couldn’t prove its case to the satisfaction of the judge or jury.

Not guilty can mean anything from You are innocent to You got away with it. Given this jury, it’ll definitely mean that he got away with it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The entire closing statement is a bunch of political gripes straight from Trump’s mouth. It has nothing to do with the case at all. F the GOP; they will let these ”lawyers” win a case without having successfully defended their client.

Top Bottom
1 2