Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That's the really disturbing part - that GOP politicians don't stand up in mass and denounce Trump and his Big Lie, that they would shut down the Jan. 6 investigation because their political future is more important than holding responsible those who led an armed, violent insurrection against the government.

And Republicans complaining about the economy is so hypocritical - Trump left the economy in shambles due to his disastrous handling of the pandemic, his futile trade war, his tax cuts that catered to rich GOP donors and his general incompetence.
The investigation keeps drawing attention to the fact that there are actual victims of his actions. They weren’t harmless lies. It was all part of an unrelenting campaign to keep power, regardless of who got hurt.

To think many people will forget about this and vote Republican because of gas prices…?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The testimony of Ruby Freeman and her daughter is heartbreaking. Their lives have been completely ruined by Donald Trump’s election lies. He knew he was lying, and he knew his supporters would threaten and attack them.

A group of MAGA thugs attempted to break into the grandmother’s house to perform a “citizens’ arrest”…

Every single permanent Fulton county election worker quit because of this.

Trump should spend the rest of his days in prison.
All you need to know about priorities with our gov't.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539360411727777794/

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Coming up...

British documentary filmmaker Alex Holder confirmed on Tuesday that he had complied with a subpoena from the Jan. 6 committee to turn over never-before-seen footage of former President Donald Trump in the leadup to the insurrection.

The committee will also conduct a deposition of Holder on Thursday, he said in a statement shared on Twitter.

Holder had access to Trump, as well as his family members and associates, while directing a documentary series surrounding the final six weeks of the former president's reelection campaign in 2020. He said the footage he turned over includes interviews with Trump and his family leading up to the election, as well as never-before-seen footage of the Capitol riot.

Holder said his team would never have predicted their work would be subpoenaed by Congress when they started the project in September 2020, but are cooperating fully.

"As a British filmmaker, I had no agenda coming into this," he said. "We simply wanted to better understand who the Trumps were and what motivated them to hold onto power so desperately."

He said the series includes "unparalleled access and exclusive interviews" with officials including Trump, his children, son-in-law Jared Kushner and former Vice President Mike Pence both before and after the events of Jan. 6, in a variety of locations: the White House, Trump's Mar-A-Lago resort and on the campaign trail.

The series, Unprecedented, was purchased by an unidentified streaming service last year and is set to be released in three parts this summer, Holder said, adding that he did not previously have the legal authority to release the material or publicly discuss the project.

Politico first reported that the committee subpoenaed Holder last week, seeking raw footage related to three things: the events of Jan. 6, discussions of the integrity of the 2020 election and interviews with Trump, Pence and several Trump family members from September 2020 until the present.

The part I find hilarious and all too sadly believable...
Holder's cooperation and the footage itself came as a surprise to Trump associates, Rolling Stone reported.

The magazine reported that several former officials on Trump's reelection campaign have claimed they did not know that the documentary about his reelection campaign was being filmed in the first place, and heard about it for the first time after seeing the Politico report about the subpoena.

"What the f*** is this?" a former top Trump 2020 official messaged the publication after seeing the news.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
When you have enough smoking guns to start your own militia, maybe it’s ok to seek an indictment?

1655906776701.png

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m pretty confident Trump is going to prison. The majority of Americans think he should, and just because 40% or so of people think he shouldn't, the percentage of those people that are redneck militia folks are not as numerous as their terroristic behavior would have you believe. If Trump got sent to the slammer, people would be upset, many would rejoice, but the world would keep moving. Maybe it would help people get back on course. And without Trump able to release a statement every ten seconds, chickenshit republicans would be more confident distancing themselves from him.

I don't see how any of this is allowed to stand. Not indicting and convicting people for these schemes means Biden and Harris or anyone else in the future can do the same thing. It's really that simple, because you know for a fact senate republicans would never agree to passing stricter laws that prevents these type of things, because doing so would be a tacit admission of Trump and his allies' criminal behavior.

What Trump and his cohorts did is already illegal. It's just unprecedented, and has never really needed to be enforced at this scale, at least not since the civil war.

Anytime Merrick Garland speaks, he pretty much says "We know what happened and we keep our heads down and do our job". This is a big puzzle, the GA case is tied into it, the Jan 6 committee is handing over evidence left and right... it can't be easy to compile all of this, which is why I'm glad the January 6 hearings are laying things out in great detail, that can be used to enhance anything going on with the Justice Department.

There's lots of rumors that the MAGA cult is getting ready to set John Eastman up as the fall guy. Which is great, because its not like people didn't have fair warning that doing Trump's bidding only causes legal jeopardy for people. But prosecutors shouldn't stop there. Go after the top dog, not the middlemen who did his bidding.

Last edited:

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m pretty confident Trump is going to prison. The majority of American's think he should, and just because 40% or so of people think he shouldn't, the percentage of those people that are redneck militia folks are not as numerous as their terroristic behavior would have you believe. If Trump got sent to the slammer, people would be upset, many would rejoice, but the world would keep moving. Maybe it would help people get back on course. And without Trump able to release a statement every ten seconds, chickenshit republicans would be more confident distancing themselves from him.

I don't see how any of this is allowed to stand. Not indicting and convicting people for these schemes means Biden and Harris or anyone else in the future can do the same thing. It's really that simple, because you know for a fact senate republicans would never agree to passing stricter laws that prevents these type of things, because doing so would be a tacit admission of Trump and his allies' criminal behavior.

What Trump and his cohorts did is already illegal. It's just unprecedented, and has never really needed to be enforced at this scale, at least not since the civil war.

Anytime Merrick Garland speaks, he pretty much says "We know what happened and we keep our heads down and do our job". This is a big puzzle, the GA case is tied into it, the Jan 6 committee is handing over evidence left and right... it can't be easy to compile all of this, which is why I'm glad the January 6 hearings are laying things out in great detail, that can be used to enhance anything going on with the Justice Department.

There's lots of rumors that the MAGA cult is getting ready to set John Eastman up as the fall guy. Which is great, because its not like people didn't have fair warning that doing Trump's bidding only causes legal jeopardy for people. But prosecutors shouldn't stop there. Go after the top dog, not the middlemen who did his bidding.
I can only hope this is the case. I just hope that if Trump goes to prison the Trumpublican nutjobs don't start another riot.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’m pretty confident Trump is going to prison. The majority of American's think he should, and just because 40% or so of people think he shouldn't, the percentage of those people that are redneck militia folks are not as numerous as their terroristic behavior would have you believe. If Trump got sent to the slammer, people would be upset, many would rejoice, but the world would keep moving. Maybe it would help people get back on course. And without Trump able to release a statement every ten seconds, chickenshit republicans would be more confident distancing themselves from him.

It seems to me that we are reaching critical mass of Republicans who want to purge Trump from the party. A number of Republicans are testifying against him openly. That tells you his influence is fading. If he was still dominant, they wouldn’t say anything.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ron Johnson is in legal jeopardy.

He's already trying to set his aide up. Which is a joke. Ron Johnson wants you to believe he knew nothing of the plot, and his top aide said "Yeah, Senator Johnson wants to hand some bogus "slates of elector" to the VP personally. He doesn't know the plot and he doesn't know what he's handing the Vice President, but its urgent and he needs to get them to him."

LOL. Come on... A senate aide wouldn't even release a generic holiday greeting without prior approval from the senator, but Senator Johnson was going to be a mule for his own aide? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Someone should come up with another movie, this time called "2,001 Mules", about the people across the country - from election workers, state GOP officials, state legislatures, members of congress, etc. - who engaged in this scheme.

He's entitled to due process like everyone else, but those emails between Johnson and Pence's aides are pretty much smoking guns against Johnson. As much of a coward as I think Pence is for not raising concerns about the pressure campaign Trump was orchestrating, he's still been absolved from any criminal wrongdoing from what I can see. So there are definitely people in this whole plot who were not active participants. Those who were, however, like Senator Johnson and others, should be arrested. Not given a congressional subpoena or a charge of contempt when they don't show up... no, they need federal charges. They need federal agents at their doorstep at 5:30 in the morning to take them down the walk of shame from their front door to the back of a black SUV destined for the nearest federal jail cell.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Remember folks, these are the GOOD ones. These are the people who - ultimately anyways - did the right thing. And yet they don't see how this is merely enabling the next coup. Seriously hard to comprehend these people.

[W]hile Bowers said the efforts by Giuliani and other Trump backers have been hurtful, he does not levy any criticism on Trump directly and would support him if he were on the ballot. “If he is the nominee, if he was up against Biden, I’d vote for him again,” Bowers said.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The committee has issued more subpoenas.

One of the fake electors in Georgia: Brad Carver
Trump campaign worker in New Mexico and Arizona: Thomas Lane
Trump campaign worker in Michigan: Sean Flynn

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Remember folks, these are the GOOD ones. These are the people who - ultimately anyways - did the right thing. And yet they don't see how this is merely enabling the next coup. Seriously hard to comprehend these people.

[W]hile Bowers said the efforts by Giuliani and other Trump backers have been hurtful, he does not levy any criticism on Trump directly and would support him if he were on the ballot. “If he is the nominee, if he was up against Biden, I’d vote for him again,” Bowers said.

Just saw that and came here to post it. What an idiot. 🤦🏻‍♂️

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The committee has issued more subpoenas.

One of the fake electors in Georgia: Brad Carver
Trump campaign worker in New Mexico and Arizona: Thomas Lane
Trump campaign worker in Michigan: Sean Flynn

Just saw that tomorrow will be the last hearing and then they’ll take a break to assess more evidence. Hopefully more hearings will be planned and held in the coming weeks/months.

Watching Ron Johnson throw his staff under the bus and claim to know nothing about any of this is probably a sign folks in the GOP are nervous.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember how trump showed the world how strong her was by throwing tennis balls at pence from a golf cart.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think for the DOJ to proceed their messaging needs to focus hard on Trump conning “a lot of good people”. This gives his supporters an exit. Not saying they’ll all take it, but it’s a lot better than calling them dumb indirectly.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I doubt it. Most people simply don't care.

View attachment 15233

Not saying he's wrong, but if I was looking for an accurate gauge of public opinion on just about anything Congress would be the last group of people I would go to. Yeah, let's ask the people who spend all their time with lobbyists and the occasional squeaky wheel nutter.

Are people way more concerned about the economy? Fuck yeah, but we don't pump the breaks on prosecuting serial killers and Disney pedophiles because the price of lumber doubled.

Top Bottom
1 2