Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I doubt it. Most people simply don't care.

This isn't about big ratings or even how many individual members are or aren't concerned about January 6. I don't care if the people in the committee rooms are the only people who care. We don't enforce laws and hold people to accountability based on how many people care.

That said, this isn't supposed to be an entertainment event. I'm sure if you took a poll about January 6, most people probably don't care. Again, that's besides the point. If Trump had managed to stay in power, I guarantee you a LOT of people would have cared, probably more than the amount of people who still cling to the farcical lie that Trump was robbed of the election.

I can almost guarantee there will be more hearings, IF the Justice Department doesn't already have enough to act first.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So far I'm impressed with Kinzinger. Feels a little weird saying that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have not been listening daily, have heard daily news reports and today, started listening during Liz Cheney‘s address and following has been riveting. It is unbelievable that that this is not referred to the US Justice Dept for the prosecution of Donald J Trump and others for treason against the United States. :mad: :mad: :mad:

To the Department of Justice: Just say there was corruption, I and the Republicans will do the rest. This is the Supreme Treasonous MoFo talking.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Feds raided Jeffrey Clark’s house yesterday. Nice.

I was wondering when that sad sack was going to start feeling heat for his role in things. He may be number two on the list of people needing prosecuted, right behind Eastman. Well, third if you place at Trump at number one.

Listening to the testimony today, he's going to jail. He broke DOJ policy on his path to breaking the law. He'll be an easy one to throw under the MAGA bus, he's a nobody and has no standing in the cult. In MAGA world, no "good" deed goes unpunished.

Now we just have to hope no bad deed goes unpunished.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was wondering when that sad sack was going to start feeling heat for his role in things. He may be number two on the list of people needing prosecuted, right behind Eastman. Well, third if you place at Trump at number one.

Listening to the testimony today, he's going to jail. He broke DOJ policy on his path to breaking the law. He'll be an easy one to throw under the MAGA bus, he's a nobody and has no standing in the cult. In MAGA world, no "good" deed goes unpunished.

Now we just have to hope no bad deed goes unpunished.
They need to get Eastman and Clark to sign plea deals in exchange for testifying against Trump. We need criminals to be held responsible, whether they are a nobody, or the President…. It shouldn’t matter.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Judging by the subpoenas issued by DOJ yesterday, I think the hearings are working. Give the DOJ time.
Fingers crossed. One thing seems certain, most Republicans seem oblivious and right now the country should be erupting with anger and indignation that a coup was attempted and failed only because individuals in DOJ stood up to The Head Shit. If he had more time to place more loyalists in advance in key positions, including stacking the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a coup very well could have happened.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
"You guys may not be following the internet the way I do" - Trump to DOJ officials.

No shit, Sherlock, and THANK GOD for that.

Really puts this GIF into perspective:

200.gif

Kinzinger: "Did anyone else support Mr. Rosen?" (As leader of the JD)
Donaghue: "No one."

Are there any resident Trump fans? How is any of this defendable?

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe. But I notice your attacking me vs wondering why people may not care. You can do both.

Do you care about any of this? Not being snarky, just curious to know what your thoughts are on all of this "election fraud" stuff, and the plot to overturn the election.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Do you care about any of this? Not being snarky, just curious to know what your thoughts are on all of this "election fraud" stuff, and the plot to overturn the election.

No I get it. I have been pretty silent on this.

I think we have to break it down into 2 issues. Trump's attempt to overturn the election and the idiots in the Capitol.

So the second one first. They were idiots. I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. Again, they were idiots so no I really don't care. They will be punished individually.

As to the first, yeah I was disappointed in Trump's efforts to overturn the election. But if he were doing so using a legal means (which others on both sides have used in the past) then perhaps we need to change a few things. But I thought he should have just accepted the results and positioned himself for 2024. He may have pushed the legal means into a dark gray area, but I don't think there was any chance he was going to succeed. As to whether it was treason, not sure it rises quite to that level. I know many here will disagree and that's fine.

As for election fraud, now I am pretty sure no one here has watched 2000 Mules. You might want to, but for every question it answers, it creates 2 more. There are some things that don't pass the sniff test (I can't think of a single valid reason why a single cell phone visits 24 different ballot drop boxes and 3 non-profits in one night) but there is also very little explanation of where these ballots came from in the first place.

So I understand his anger if he knew this, but he should have been the Statesmen, conceded and then been Kingmaker for the next 4 years and he would have walked back in. Now he is damaged goods and I hope he doesn't run.

Maybe some of you all need to watch the movie as I would like to hear some of you thoughts on a few things. Like I said, it is by no means a slam dunk, but does pose some questions.

Did you all know your movements are being tracked by the cell carriers (by IMEI?) and they sell this data to marketers?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Maybe. But I notice your attacking me vs wondering why people may not care. You can do both.
The only ones stating people don't care are right wing outlets that are refusing to air or discuss. Meanwhile, it's all over the news and people are paying attention. All the main news sources ABC/CBS/NBC, etc. are running as their top story, and they have tens of millions of more viewers than Fox News.

Most of those testifying are Republicans, Trump's closest allies and supporters and it's really daming no matter what side one is on. If the only response you have is "people don't care" then it speaks volumes as to why you've largely ignored this thread. Same can be said as to why Republicans in general are turning a blind eye while trying to redirect.

However, while they're currently outraged by lack of a Republican defense, they were afforded every opportunity to have people on this commission but flat out refused.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How can you say they didn’t intend to hurt anyone when they were literally beating people and hung gallows? If someone breaks in my house and beats me, their intentions are pretty clear. They didn’t succeed in helping overthrow the election, and maybe even 3/4 of people were there just to raise hell and got caught up in the moment. I get that. But even if only one in four people had ill intent, or even one in ten… that’s a lot of people. And they didn’t just materialize there, they were lied to, pushed and prodded.

This sentiment of “it was bad, but not a big deal” is kinda flabbergasting to me. Trump can run again. Anyone with Trump’s intent could get into office, then what? Trump went WAY over legal means. His legal means were in court. He lost. He tried to strongarm state elected officials, the DoJ, bought into insane conspiracies and drug innocent people like local poll workers into his mess.

A failed coup is still a coup. Juxtapose the right’s opinions on BLM rioters with the Jan. 6 rioters and I don’t see the same level of outrage, not even close. And to be clear, I hate the rioters and looters, because it afforded the right the scapegoat they needed to criticize the whole movement. I don’t label anyone in a MAGA hat a terrorist or part of a terrorist organization, despite my intense dislike of all things Trump.

Just my opinion, but it seems that since denial isn’t working, indifference is the next best option, and neither seems to be an appropriate response to a sitting president who actively and desperately tried to overturn an election.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States.

That was certainly their intent by trying to reject the will of the people and keep trump in office illegally by way of fake/alternative electors.

January 6th was an attempted coup; defined as a violent and illegal seizure of power; in other words overthrowing the government of the United States.

And they and their republican Congressional members who supported (and still support) that move came damn close to pulling it off.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
As for election fraud, now I am pretty sure no one here has watched 2000 Mules. You might want to, but for every question it answers, it creates 2 more. There are some things that don't pass the sniff test (I can't think of a single valid reason why a single cell phone visits 24 different ballot drop boxes and 3 non-profits in one night) but there is also very little explanation of where these ballots came from in the first place.

I have not watched the movie. However, the cell phone thing has been debunked already. Do you know how many people have cell phones? A lot. I have driven for work before, and I’m sure cell phone records could place me in the vicinity of two dozen McDonald’s locations on any given day despite me having not visited that day.

Dinesh D’Souza is not an investigative journalist; he’s a salesman.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So the second one first. They were idiots. I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. Again, they were idiots so no I really don't care. They will be punished individually.
The hearings included documentary footage of groups literally planning the attacks, and then arriving early to set things up.

But they didn’t mean no harm? Like the Duke boys or something? Give me a goddamn fucking break. Over 800 of them were already charged with crimes. They might be idiots, or maybe not. But they are all caught on tape saying they are there for one reason: to overturn the election. Regardless of their mental capacity, that is the literal definition of an insurrection. They failed, but they knew what they wanted to do. Keep Trump in power... which is insurrection, overruling the vote of the American people.

I have not watched the movie. However, the cell phone thing has been debunked already. Do you know how many people have cell phones? A lot. I have driven for work before, and I’m sure cell phone records could place me in the vicinity of two dozen McDonald’s locations on any given day despite me having not visited that day.

Dinesh D’Souza is not an investigative journalist; he’s a salesman.
Here is a detailed look at the claims made in the film:

I cannot think of a more universally respected news source than Reuters. I recommend you read that.

Just a question: did you pay money to watch a movie but then NOT watch (for free) live, sworn testimony from people who actually worked in the White House with Trump?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
That was certainly their intent by trying to reject the will of the people and keep trump in office illegally by way of fake/alternative electors.

January 6th was an attempted coup; defined as a violent and illegal seizure of power; in other words overthrowing the government of the United States.

And they and their republican Congressional members who supported (and still support) that move came damn close to pulling it off.

Again, two different things here. The idiots in the Capital were doing none of that. Just idiots raising hell. They had no chance to overthrow anything.

Top Bottom
1 2