Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I don’t know how many times I’ve said this since Trump came down the escalator seven years ago, but…

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.

“My father, he’s very honest.” - Ivanka

I get it, he’s her father, but that just proves she’s not innocent or independent. Being willing to say anything at any time that’s in your own best interest doesn’t make you honest, it makes you an egotistical blowhard. And when that blowhard espouses lies and grifts cash from taxpayers and his own supporters, that makes him not only NOT honest, it makes him a lying scumbag.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Here is a detailed look at the claims made in the film:

I cannot think of a more universally respected news source than Reuters. I recommend you read that.
Good article and it questions some of the same things I did.

The movie is very thin on where the ballots came from in the first place. I would have liked to see synced up video with geolocation data. In other words, the cell phone was at multiple drop boxes in one night and here is the same person putting ballots in different ones on video.

Just a question: did you pay money to watch a movie but then NOT watch (for free) live, sworn testimony from people who actually worked in the White House with Trump?

Actually no. Wife borrowed it from her Chiropractor. Sorry, don't have time to watch hours of testimony. Took 2 nights to watch an under 2-hour movie as it was.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Again, two different things here. The idiots in the Capital were doing none of that. Just idiots raising hell. They had no chance to overthrow anything.

So trying to force the acceptance of fake electors by violence to illegally keep trump in power, against the will of the people, would not be an overthrow?

Curious... have you been watching any of the January 6th Capitol videos presented during the House Committee hearings over the last two weeks?

Any thoughts about the 865 (so far) insurrectionists arrested and indicted? A mere exercise of legitimate political discourse?

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Again, two different things here. The idiots in the Capital were doing none of that. Just idiots raising hell. They had no chance to overthrow anything.

Why did Rep. Loudermilk lie three times about giving tours to a group on January 5, one of whom broke into the Capitol? Why were they clubbing and beating police, spraying them with mace and bear spray? Why did they erect a gallows? Why did they chant hang Mike Pence? Why were numerous people on film - at the Capitol that day - threatening to harm officials? Who brings zip ties and wears combat gear for a tourist visit at the Capitol?

Being disorganized (despite some people’s best efforts to organize) and failing is not an excuse. Were many people there just acting poorly on their own, with no real thought or planning behind it? Sure. Were some people there just for the hell of it? Sure. But clearly and obviously, some of them were there for more sinister and specific goals. Yes, the DoJ will deal with them, but the lack of success in overturning the election or harming officials does not neutralize the fact they even attempted such things in the first place.

Everything else being equal, had those folks been there to overthrow Trump before January 6 and threatened his life, you can bet your last dollar the White House would have had an appropriate reaction, and there would be no talks of this being a normal tourist visit or “idiots getting out of hand”.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Actually no. Wife borrowed it from her Chiropractor. Sorry, don't have time to watch hours of testimony. Took 2 nights to watch an under 2-hour movie as it was.
Try listening to it or a summary of it when you’re on the road. I like listening to news radio or podcasts when I drive.

I’m not gonna give a penny to Dinesh D’Souza, who is a convicted felon. He was pardoned by Trump. So... how could there possibly be a MORE biased look at a situation involving Trump than that?

So unless his movie is released for free or I meet a chiropractor with a DVD, I won’t watch.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
That was certainly their intent by trying to reject the will of the people and keep trump in office illegally by way of fake/alternative electors.

January 6th was an attempted coup; defined as a violent and illegal seizure of power; in other words overthrowing the government of the United States.

And they and their republican Congressional members who supported (and still support) that move came damn close to pulling it off.

We are going to just have to disagree. You are assigning way too much intent on the hell raisers in the Capitol. They were idiots. Had it been anything else, they would be being charged with treason and spending the rest of their lives in prison. Instead they are getting a few months for being in an unauthorized area.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Why did Rep. Loudermilk lie three times about giving tours to a group on January 5, one of whom broke into the Capitol? Why were they clubbing and beating police, spraying them with mace and bear spray? Why did they erect a gallows? Why did they chant hang Mike Pence? Why were numerous people on film - at the Capitol that day - threatening to harm officials? Who brings zip ties and wears combat gear for a tourist visit at the Capitol?

Being disorganized (despite some people’s best efforts to organize) and failing is not an excuse. Were many people there just acting poorly on their own, with no real thought or planning behind it? Sure. Were some people there just for the hell of it? Sure. But clearly and obviously, some of them were there for more sinister and specific goals. Yes, the DoJ will deal with them, but the lack of success in overturning the election or harming officials does not neutralize the fact they even attempted such things in the first place.

Everything else being equal, had those folks been there to overthrow Trump before January 6 and threatened his life, you can bet your last dollar the White House would have had an appropriate reaction, and there would be no talks of this being a normal tourist visit or “idiots getting out of hand”.

And you wonder why I have stayed out of this thread. ;)

At least you questioned why people brought Zip Ties as opposed to the idiot reporter who questioned why people even had access to buy Zip Ties. :ROFLMAO:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, the SecDef ACTUALLY called Italy to see if satellites were magically switching votes in America. WTF?

”You guys may not be following the internet the way I do” - Trump
Shit Head statements like this illustrate either what a moron he is, the class of people he is used to scamming, or both. He was definitely out of his league at the Justice Dept but was still able dig up an abject loser there he tried to put in charge. I think he’s be laughed out of any corporate space where he was not in charge And the only reason he has any political traction are the magnitude of losers who vote, which should make us all very scared.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
We are going to just have to disagree. You are assigning way too much intent on the hell raisers in the Capitol. They were idiots. Had it been anything else, they would be being charged with treason and spending the rest of their lives in prison. Instead they are getting a few months for being in an unauthorized area.
You are intentionally putting your head in the sand. This is plainly false, and the information proving such is readily available. The leaders of the coup have been charged with seditious conspiracy.

I honestly cannot believe you are defending the terrorists of that day. They are literally traitors to their country.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You are intentionally putting your head in the sand. This is plainly false, and the information proving such is readily available. The leaders of the coup have been charged with seditious conspiracy.

I honestly cannot believe you are defending the terrorists of that day. They are literally traitors to their country.

I personally know the idiot from WV who just got sentenced (Derrick Evans). He was not trying to overthrow anything. He was simply there to protest and got caught up in it.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

There are multiple levels you're not considering here.

- There's the rioters, who didn't have any particular plan. They were caught up in the moment, did some property damage, and of those arrested, received relatively light sentences.

- The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, that did have a plan, but failed to carry it out. This is where we start seeing the seditious conspiracy.

- Members of congress, specifically those among Trump's inner circle, that intended to do far more behind the scenes. They're responsible for an attempted coup, and were stymied only by other Republicans who knew about it, but refused to go along with it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
And you wonder why I have stayed out of this thread. ;)

Sorry, I don’t follow. Some members of congress are elderly men and women. You don’t think a middle-aged man in combat gear scaling walls is powerful enough to overpower a 70 or 80 year old? And you do realize even police use zip ties as a form of handcuffs?

So because they didn’t bring guns (that we know of) and were unsuccessful, it shows they were just harmless idiots?

Two things can be true at once; they could be idiots with no chance of success, but does that negate their intent?

But as you said, that’s just the intruders. The bigger issue is Trump. Not his administration… him directly, who had his hand in all of this. He was the puppet master, these shady folks were acting as his behest. Wanting to make Sidney Powell a special counsel for non-existent voter fraud. Wanting to make a DoJ environmental lawyer acting Attorney General (and referring to him as such). Trying to have the military seize voting machines. Slandering a random poll worker and upending her life. Are you married or a father? Would you be ok if your daughter handed out “I Voted” stickers and worked the polls, then had Joe Biden call her a professional election scammer and causing ANTIFA people to threaten her life?

Trump did all of this, and much more. He’s so criminally bankrupt that other mind blowing things he’s done - like hauling classified documents to his country club or encouraging his supporters to vote twice - seem like child’s play.

I still have to hear about Hillary’s email server, meanwhile this guy is raping grandma in the kitchen and still has defenders.

Shit Head statements like this illustrate either what a moron he is, the class of people he is used to scamming, or both. He was definitely out of his league at the Justice Dept but was still able dig up an abject loser there he tried to put in charge. And as little as 30 years ago he would have been laughed out of any corporate space where he was not in charge.

And yet, Ari Melber brought up a great point… when his top DOJ officials threatened to resign, he listened to them. That sort of takes off the table he was totally insane and had no capability to reason.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
only because they were not smart. some sure wanted to do some serious shit and one died trying. who knows what would have happened if they got ahold of pence or a democrat they sure hurt the police.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Liz Cheney said there will be more hearings in her closing statement. Not that I had much doubt.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Five people died and they were this close to assassinating the VP of the United States, BTW this is on record for those not watching the hearings and was well covered by all the networks. Downplaying it like this is disingenuous to say the least.

I get that Trump is your guy but what I don't get is why Republicans refuse to believe what's clearly right in front of their faces. I mean I loved Obama but had he been behind something like this I can guarantee you there's no way in hell I would ever support or ignore such a thing.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I personally know the idiot from WV who just got sentenced (Evan Jenkins). He was not trying to overthrow anything. He was simply there to protest and got caught up in it.
I searched that name in the database and it didn’t come up.

Everybody there knew it was “Stop the Steal” at the very least. Which they all knew was to overthrow Biden and keep Trump in power. Knowing that was the point, and then continuing past a barricade to get onto the Capitol grounds? Sorry, “I’m an idiot” isn’t an excuse. All movements need “useful idiots”. Being one of them is NOT an excuse.

Everybody who entered the Capitol that should get the maximum sentence. There were ZERO “good ol’ boys” there that day. They all joined in a terrorist attack and need to be held accountable.

If a gang of 10 criminals attacked your house and broke in, and you and your family were injured, would you just get the leader and let the other 9 go home scot-free? Or would you want the police to punish them all? The leader would deserve a harsher punishment of course, but I don’t think you’d buy the “I just got caught up in it” excuse if it affected you personally.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I mean I loved Obama but had he been behind something like this I can guarantee you there's no way in hell I would ever support or ignore such a thing.

How about the time Obama had the audacity to wear a tan suit, spawning the outcry that followed? We almost lost the republic.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Five people died and they were this close to assassinating the VP of the United States, BTW this is on record for those not watching the hearings and was well covered by all the networks. Downplaying it like this is disingenuous to say the least.

I get that Trump is your guy but what I don't get is why Republicans refuse to believe what's clearly right in front of their faces. I mean I loved Obama but had he been behind something like this I can guarantee you there's no way in hell I would ever support or ignore such a thing.

I really don't want to play "what about" here, but when the GOP controls Congress in a year and we holding hearings about Hunter's laptop (the one that both the WaPo and NYT finally admitted was legit), with sworn testimony and all similar things to what we are seeing here, where is everyone's heads going to be?

I am done with Trump. Like I said, I wished he had gone away quietly. I am glad he was our President, but he f!@#ed up. So I will not vote for him again.

I am sorry, but I do not believe that our Government was on the precipice of falling. I really don't. Sorry. There are too many safeguards in place.

With that, I bid you adieu in this thread. I stayed out for a reason and I should have stuck with that. But @JayMysteri0 asked me a legit question, so I answered him. I should have known better. :)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I watched an excellent interview of Dan Goldman on Amanpour and Co a bit earlier regarding his views about the House Committee Hearings and Jan 6th. You might remember he was lead counsel for trump's first impeachment hearing. Worth a view.

Top Bottom
1 2