Parler about to be blocked from appstore

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Even funnier - I have just posted this in the MR Refugees section of this site - is the fact that I had a post (posted on Wednesday, January 6) - but in the "community section" - in a very pleasant thread which asks "What's On Your Mind?" - my post read "Events - unfolding in front of my very eyes - Across The Pond are on my mind" deleted because "it was outside the PRSI section and the discussion it was a part of touched on political events."
It's amazing how they are able to read between the lines, and extrapolate so much but when Trump says "These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Remember this day forever!" they they conclude he didn't mean to incite his followers to violence.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
That’s a Democratic 2022 pickup then :)

You found my rose colored glasses !! I was looking for them earlier today.

I'll post this here since the thread is about Parler.

Ran into this sequence of posts on Twitter from the verified House Judiciary GOP account today, a retweet from a Republican congressman from Florida (one who signed one or both objections to the certified election results) and an unrelated tweet from the ranking member of the committee, Jim Jordan, noting his Parler social media address and remarking that the Republicans' official Judiciary Committee account plans to move to Parler soon as well.

So everyone here can check off having absorbed minimum daily required dose of cognitive dissonance from the GOP. You're welcome.

OK guys.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Trumpers keep insisting they are not racist and crying that it’s so unfair that everybody calls them racists, and saying that’s why they are upset. Then you see stories like this... racist hate crimes by Trumpers. Nobody is shocked by this; this is what the president is fomenting.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Didn’t read this whole thread but I’d like to see functionality of the app disabled for iPhones it’s already downloaded to.

U

User.45

Trumpers keep insisting they are not racist and crying that it’s so unfair that everybody calls them racists, and saying that’s why they are upset. Then you see stories like this... racist hate crimes by Trumpers. Nobody is shocked by this; this is what the president is fomenting.
The other thing i get annoyed about, including one of our now ex forum members, when they question trump being a racist. Being loved by these guys is the best evidence.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I love it.

However my joy is tempered by the thought that they’ll find some unscrupulous host.

Still, for now, let’s enjoy the win.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The other thing i get annoyed about, including one of our now ex forum members, when they question trump being a racist. Being loved by these guys is the best evidence.

Yes, unfortunately, they tend to do this by seeking refuge in complicated semantics, and excavating convoluted forms of syntax and vocabulary.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
I love it.

However my joy is tempered by the thought that they’ll find some unscrupulous host.

Still, for now, let’s enjoy the win.
They are big so they need a big one. They are spending $300k a month with Amazon.

It depends if the Russians will host them or not. They may well not to be honest.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They are big so they need a big one. They are spending $300k a month with Amazon.

It depends if the Russians will host them or not. They may well not to be honest.
Interesting point. I don’t know tho. You think Yandex or Baidu offer scalable hosting services, and if they do, that have any scruples?

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting point. I don’t know tho. You think Yandex or Baidu offer scalable hosting services, and if they do, that have any scruples?
Yandex do according to Twitter.

I can’t imagine the Chinese wanting to touch Parler with a barge pole - they don’t exactly like free speech - and they don’t seem to generally have any desire to interfere in Western politics.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If Yandex (or any other foreign host, but especially a Russian one) were to agree to host Parler, that would bring up an interesting situation.

Would Russia, by association (if nothing else, and everything in Russia seems to be associated with the government), be considered providing assistance to potential anti-US terrorists?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
If Yandex (or any other foreign host, but especially a Russian one) were to agree to host Parler, that would bring up an interesting situation.

Would Russia, by association (if nothing else, and everything in Russia seems to be associated with the government), be considered providing assistance to potential anti-US terrorists?
Parler running on Russian servers is a bad look. Although, Trumpers and their enablers seem unconcerned about how they look. They‘ll just do the “these aren’t the droids you’re looking for” transparent lying maneuver.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It's not just a bad look. I know Russians can propagate disinformation anywhere in the world via the internet. But having a bunch of extremist Americans hosted right in their own country...that just sounds like easy pickings and a dream come true for Russia's troll farms.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Here’s a really good article from Politico, explaining the many ways a deplatformed Trump can attempt to continue being a big media presence—and why all of them are liable to be failures.

Top Bottom
1 2