photo of the day | december 2023

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Glen Park BART Station in San Francisco.

GP.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Love this capture. I'm going to be focusing on a series of BART videos, they've reached out and said they would be interested as well.

Thanks! That photo was kind of a unplanned serendipitous capture.

I was sitting inside the train and noticed the woman and child sitting on the bench outside in the BART waiting area. As I framed up through the window I was getting a lot of annoying reflections off the glass of riders in back of me on the other side of the aisle. So... I moved my camera around a little until things seemed to come into place. That kind of spurred me to do other outside/inside-reflection photos, and other photos inside BART stations.

Good luck with your BART video project! Seems like there could be a lot of possibilities.

As an aside... I've been noodling doing some video projects in SF, interviewing strangers on the street, cops, firefighters, etc - kind of like what I used to do with stills 10 years ago. So... I've been playing around (ie learning) DaVinci Resolve (the free version for starters) for video post.

I've also been playing around with Blackmagics Camera (video) app for iPhone (also free, in the App Store). That's a really sweet app taking video to a much higher level with respect to control and capture formats. Check it out if that's of interest to you.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks! That photo was kind of a unplanned serendipitous capture.

I was sitting inside the train and noticed the woman and child sitting on the bench outside in the BART waiting area. As I framed up through the window I was getting a lot of annoying reflections off the glass of riders in back of me on the other side of the aisle. So... I moved my camera around a little until things seemed to come into place. That kind of spurred me to do other outside/inside-reflection photos, and other photos inside BART stations.

Good luck with your BART video project! Seems like there could be a lot of possibilities.

As an aside... I've been noodling doing some video projects in SF, interviewing strangers on the street, cops, firefighters, etc - kind of like what I used to do with stills 10 years ago. So... I've been playing around (ie learning) DaVinci Resolve (the free version for starters) for video post.

I've also been playing around with Blackmagics Camera (video) app for iPhone (also free, in the App Store). That's a really sweet app taking video to a much higher level with respect to control and capture formats. Check it out if that's of interest to you.
I've used DaVinci Resolve (and still do from time to time) but the learning curve is so steep for me. I ended up subscribing to Adobe Premier Pro as it's a more familiar interface and far more intuitive for non pros.

Top Bottom
1 2