Fujifilm
La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona.

_DSF4062.jpg

Katbel

Site Champ
Staff Member
Reaction score
San Francisco.
Have you been to the Botticelli exhibit at the Legion of Honor? It should be a beautiful exhibit, too bad I'm not there.
There are very few drawings that have survived that can be attributed to Botticelli.
If you think of Leonardo da Vinci, there are almost thousands of his drawings. For other artists, there may be hundreds. For Botticelli there are no more than 30 .
This is because Botticelli died in poverty and his workshop wasn’t preserved as it happened instead for Da Vinci who had a lot of pupils continuing his workshop and preserved all what we have now.
Of course if you like the artist...🙂

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Have you been to the Botticelli exhibit at the Legion of Honor? It should be a beautiful exhibit, too bad I'm not there.
There are very few drawings that have survived that can be attributed to Botticelli.
If you think of Leonardo da Vinci, there are almost thousands of his drawings. For other artists, there may be hundreds. For Botticelli there are no more than 30 .
This is because Botticelli died in poverty and his workshop wasn’t preserved as it happened instead for Da Vinci who had a lot of pupils continuing his workshop and preserved all what we have now.
Of course if you like the artist...🙂

We'll be going in the next few weeks. It ends in February. Botticelli is one who I remember most from my art history classes in college. Seeing his drawings will be great. Especially for my wife who's an artist and likes drawing/painting people.

Check out this Botticelli video, in case you haven't seen it:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2