Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
White washing history, we should all be disgusted by this.

vhsfuoba8xcb1.jpg
I am surprised they did not change the color of her skin.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Florida Approves Controversial Set Of Black History Standards​

The standards, which are being released as Gov. Ron DeSantis and other Florida Republicans have continued a crusade against public education, include language that states “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”
The standards guide says instruction will also include mention of “violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.” It adds that students will be taught to “identify” famous Black people, but it fails to make it necessary for students to learn about each of their contributions, challenges and stories overall.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

The standards, which are being released as Gov. Ron DeSantis and other Florida Republicans have continued a crusade against public education, include language that states “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”
The standards guide says instruction will also include mention of “violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.” It adds that students will be taught to “identify” famous Black people, but it fails to make it necessary for students to learn about each of their contributions, challenges and stories overall.

Standards? Don't get me started this early in the morning. :(

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

1. I have trouble understanding how one could teach about the “personal benefit” of slavery. I’d be curious to know what their explanation is here. I’m hoping this is just a very poor choice of words. In the context of the standards, they list off a number of skills, so maybe in the most generous interpretation they are saying slaves did more than farming and housekeeping and after abolition they transferred these skills? Some cliched message about making the best out of bad circumstances? Idk. This is an extremely problematic standard.

2. The banning of the AP history course is ridiculous. Even if you disagree with aspects of the curriculum, part of understanding history is understanding the opinions at the time and the controversies of remembering and interpreting that history today. AP students should very much be able handle that.

3. Most of the other criticisms here I think are a bit hyperbolic and are being taken out of context if you actually look at the standards document.

The standards guide says instruction will also include mention of “violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

The full text says: “Instruction includes acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans but is not limited to 1906 Atlanta Race Riot, 1919 Washington, D.C. Race Riot, 1920 Ocoee Massacre, 1921 Tulsa Massacre and the 1923 Rosewood Massacre.”

There is nothing to mandates that the violence against and by African Americans is necessarily equivalent or that African Americans are responsible for instigating all these events. And I think important to discuss violence used in defense of such events. And it’s important to discuss events like the Watt’s, Miami, Crown Heights riots where the black communities were revolting.

It adds that students will be taught to “identify” famous Black people, but it fails to make it necessary for students to learn about each of their contributions, challenges and stories overall.
This just sounds like semantics. I would assume “Identify” includes understanding the individual’s contributions, etc. Or do we really think students are expected to match names and faces?

I haven’t read through the whole document; but it really doesn’t seem like it’s trying to push some rewrite history.

IMG_2067.jpeg

I guess on the last point when they say “examine” civil rights leaders, we should take that to mean literally examine them. Start the exhumations!

I believe history needs to be objective and first and foremost presented objectively and in context. There is too much effort of modern political influence. Be in the right whitewashing events or the left interpreting everything as entirely racially motivated, it’s just ridiculous. I’m in my 30’s and find my peers to historical knowledge limited. And the generations below me seem to know even less. I’ve met at least a few people who think US entered WWII because of the Holocaust.

In my mind, standards mean little. The quality and content of education at the ends of the day depends on the quality and opinion of the educator. Standards can be as good or bad as you can imagine, but at the end of the day it’s teacher that makes the difference.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How would you teach about the Tulsa Massacre without making white students feel bad? only one way and thats not to say white people did it or not saying what happened. or saying they deserved.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
How would you teach about the Tulsa Massacre without making white students feel bad? only one way and thats not to say white people did it or not saying what happened. or saying they deserved.
I don’t get that.

If you teach that some guy named Cliff did something horrible, it doesn’t make me feel bad (about myself)
If you teach that white people did bad things, it doesn’t make me feel bad (about myself)

I only feel bad about myself when I do something wrong. I presume most people feel similarly. White students aren’t going to feel “bad” in the way you mean if they are taught what actually happend.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Florida education curricula are correcting the evil woke with history lessons that explain that black slaves acquired valuable skills and that incidents like that Tulsa Kerfuffle were no worse that those like the Atlanta Race Riots in which black peope did very very bad things.

Ignorance good.

I just wonder how these kids will feel when they get into the real world and discover how badly they were misled.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Florida education curricula are correcting the evil woke with history lessons that explain that black slaves acquired valuable skills and that incidents like that Tulsa Kerfuffle were no worse that those like the Atlanta Race Riots in which black peope did very very bad things.

Ignorance good.

I just wonder how these kids will feel when they get into the real world and discover how badly they were misled.

Maybe Floridians will be taught how black people were brought to this country and selflessly helped poor whites feel better about themselves because they weren't black. No matter how destitute at least they weren't a black slave. It was like a warm hug.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

DeSantis Says He Would Let Anti-Vax Conspiracy Theorist RFK Jr. Run The CDC​

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, amid a “reboot” of his beleaguered campaign for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, on Wednesday said he would consider naming anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to run the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Food and Drug Administration, should he win the White House.
“If you’re president, sic him on the FDA if he’d be willing to serve. Or sic him on CDC,” DeSantis said on the popular “OutKick” podcast, explaining that he agreed with Kennedy on many of his views on medicine and the “corruption in the health bureaucracies.”

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

DeSantis Says He Would Let Anti-Vax Conspiracy Theorist RFK Jr. Run The CDC​

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, amid a “reboot” of his beleaguered campaign for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, on Wednesday said he would consider naming anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to run the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Food and Drug Administration, should he win the White House.
“If you’re president, sic him on the FDA if he’d be willing to serve. Or sic him on CDC,” DeSantis said on the popular “OutKick” podcast, explaining that he agreed with Kennedy on many of his views on medicine and the “corruption in the health bureaucracies.”

Jeeeez... is desantis really that much of a dumfuk? Or perhaps RFK Jr. has a degree in medicine we don't know about?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not only can you get a world class education in Florida but you also have this to look forward to.

IMG_0511.jpeg

The good news is it will only impact those who are woke.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Florida may become first state to accept a 'classical' alternative to the SAT and ACT​

Florida’s embrace of the Classic Learning Test for college admissions follows a high-profile dispute between the administration of Gov. Ron DeSantis and the College Board, which administers the SAT.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Florida may become first state to accept a 'classical' alternative to the SAT and ACT​

Florida’s embrace of the Classic Learning Test for college admissions follows a high-profile dispute between the administration of Gov. Ron DeSantis and the College Board, which administers the SAT.
While I’m all for undermining the power of the College Board, this particular test is not the answer.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
His “reboot” strategy was to defend a study course that emphasizes the benefits of slavery in education.

Instead of acting sensibly and acting like he’s campaigning for president, and saying something typical like “We’re in support of the curriculum, we’d just like to fine tune it a bit, it’s not final and we’ll make sure we work on it further”, he’s instead got prominent black republicans - one from his own state - - balking at him.

The reboot is rarely better than the original.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Most importantly this part “Friedman, who once bragged about creating a list of over 3,600 books that he felt contained “concerning content,” is believed to be responsible for 95 percent of the book challenges in Clay County.”

This nutter aside, is this really how this system is set up? 1 person causing the review of 3,600 books? How is that resources well spent?

However, gold star for minority rule. Doesn’t get more minority than 1 person.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Trying to ramp up his campaign at picnic in New Hampshire,

… (Desadness) appeared bent on demonstrating that no candidate talks tougher. He promised that, under his presidency, Mexican drug cartels would be “shot stone cold dead,” and vowed that when it comes to federal bureaucrats, “we are going to start slitting throats on Day One.”

which does not even seem to play well with some Rs.

Top Bottom
1 2