Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trying to ramp up his campaign at picnic in New Hampshire,

… (Desadness) appeared bent on demonstrating that no candidate talks tougher. He promised that, under his presidency, Mexican drug cartels would be “shot stone cold dead,” and vowed that when it comes to federal bureaucrats, “we are going to start slitting throats on Day One.”

which does not even seem to play well with some Rs.
ya he is getting more stupid by the moment.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since he clearly doesn’t do well on the fly or going off script I wish a reporter would ask him if it is true that in the 5th grade a transgender woke mob stole his lunch money. He can deny that happened but I think it's important we get that on the record.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
“Let Ron be Ron” = trying to put a positive spin on being a dumb oaf and poor campaigner.

Don’t criticize him, please - just “let Ron be Ron”.

Yeah, that’s the problem folks…His own campaign should realize that’s bad advice, not a campaign slogan.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
With Hannity moderating? Not sure there’s much upside for Newsom.

“Governor Newsom, is your vision for America that of dirty, deplorable California, or a bastion of sunshine and freedom like Florida? I’ll give you one second to reply and Governor DeSantis five minutes to respond.”

In all honesty, I expect Newsom to wipe the floor with him, but I’m not sure anyone will care. Although, it seems many in the GOP have soured on DeSantis, so it may be more of an even playing field than you think.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
“Governor Newsom, is your vision for America that of dirty, deplorable California, or a bastion of sunshine and freedom like Florida? I’ll give you one second to reply and Governor DeSantis five minutes to respond.”

In all honesty, I expect Newsom to wipe the floor with him, but I’m not sure anyone will care. Although, it seems many in the GOP have soured on DeSantis, so it may be more of an even playing field than you think.

Agree with your Newsom assessment.

I'm confused. That Newsom proposed a debate with desantis seems odd at this point in time. And interesting. Does Newsom believe Biden might not run (or he could run against him)?

I'm not sure about how this might affect a Newsom/desantis matchup assuming they later make it to the general (assuming Biden bows out)... but Disney employs 75,000 people in Florida and 36,000 in California. Even though those numbers are relatively small considering the voting population, it seems with the way desantis has been shitting on Disney in Florida, that might be a great opportunity for Newsom to leverage that to his advantage in some manner.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Officially known as Hansen's Disease, one of its noted symptoms is the falling-off of appendages,

Florida kinda looks like, you know, an appendage.

(oh, and Central Florida is where all that Disney stuff is)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Officially known as Hansen's Disease, one of its noted symptoms is the falling-off of appendages,

Florida kinda looks like, you know, an appendage.

(oh, and Central Florida is where all that Disney stuff is)
we can only Hope His mouth will fall off.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is his worst yet:

I guess I have to do some research on it, but how does this get around Title IX and discrimination against sexual orientation? I know that this law has interpretations to it and states rights and all, but I thought Federal Law did have some say in the matter. Maybe someone who knows the law(s) better could enlighten me. In the end I am just a tech that has to go through Title IX training every year, not someone who actually understand all the nuances of the law.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I guess I have to do some research on it, but how does this get around Title IX and discrimination against sexual orientation?

This is only for HS. Theoretically, it does not affect universities – yet. However, t some point, if he keeps this up, it will. At that point, a sheepskin from a Florida university will not be recognized as an indication of having learned stuff and will not get a shrink a good posting or good reviews on yelp.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is only for HS. Theoretically, it does not affect universities – yet. However, t some point, if he keeps this up, it will. At that point, a sheepskin from a Florida university will not be recognized as an indication of having learned stuff and will not get a shrink a good posting or good reviews on yelp.

I though the following was true, maybe not?
All public and private elementary and secondary schools, school districts, colleges, and universities (hereinafter “schools”) receiving any Federal funds must comply with Title IX.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
This is his worst yet:

It's really a double edged sword, isn't it? He's directly attacking the D's. But behind the scenes, he's attacking R's as well by making sure they're the least educated children in the country. Keeping the populace dumb is a very 1984 (Orwell) approach to governing. Dumb people are so much easier to control.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That was quick…

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0584.png

Top Bottom
1 2