Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Unlike Hummus, he’s not a really smart guy. But when you’re a Republican in doubt always defer to the white supremacists voter block. I’m sure the population of Jews in Florida won’t hold it against the great job he’s doing In Florida. If I have to choose between being exterminated and people reading books I’ll take death!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Florida students stage a walkout after transgender sports controversy​

The walkout took place a day after five school staffers, including the principal, were reassigned for reportedly allowing a trans student on the girls volleyball team.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Apparently, he could have made a better choice in wife,

Casey Desadness said:
We’re asking all of these moms and grandmoms to come from wherever it might be — North Carolina, South Carolina — and descend upon the state of Iowa to be a part of the caucus because you do not have to be a resident of Iowa to be able to participate in the caucus. So moms and grandmoms are going to be able to come and be a part and let their voice be heard in support of Ron DeSantis.

She is asking outright for election fraud. When you know you are going to lose, cheat, I guess.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
So a general question about DeSantis. Sorry if it's already been asked and answered on this thread:

Much has been made about his stiff demeanor, unlikeable disposition, and general inability to connect with voters. Basically, that's he's a bad politician. And watching him, I can certainly see that.

But here's the disconnect: He was elected to the House three times, and the Florida governorship twice. You can't do that without being a good politician. So what's going on? Are the people of Florida so unusual that they like his cardboard demeanor, or is he much more natural when politicing in Florida, just losing his mojo whenever he's in the national spotlight?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
So a general question about DeSantis. Sorry if it's already been asked and answered on this thread:

Much has been made about his stiff demeanor, unlikeable disposition, and general inability to connect with voters. Basically, that's he's a bad politician. And watching him, I can certainly see that.

But here's the disconnect: He was elected to the House three times, and the Florida governorship twice. You can't do that without being a good politician. So what's going on? Are the people of Florida so unusual that they like his cardboard demeanor, or is he much more natural when politicing in Florida, just losing his mojo whenever he's in the national spotlight?
On paper, DeSantis seemed reasonably qualified to serve in the House when he was first elected. During his tenure in Congress, he checked all the boxes for Republicans by opposing the ACA, gun control, and funding to fight climate change, among many others.

He won his first gubernatorial race by a minute margin, and he then proceeded to continue to expand on the policies he supported in Congress, especially immigration. I also think he's seen by Floridians as a successful governor in many areas, including protecting the state against hurricanes and his push to "open things up" during the COVID-19 pandemic.

But these attributes won't translate well to the national stage, particularly his stance on abortion. As you say, DeSantis is stiff and not relatable. Many politicians seem insincere when they smile, but DeSantis is one of the worst I've ever encountered.

Of course, voters do stupid things — consider Georgia (MTG), Colorado (LB), or any of the other places where people with absolutely no qualifications or meaningful abilities were voted in. The MAGA crowd likes the bluster, even if their Representatives are an embarrassment and do little or nothing for them. Still, I don't think DeSantis has much of a chance, barring Trump's disappearance from the scene.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Apparently someone was looking at Desadness's shoes and thought there was something odd about them.

It would seem that his connection to Florida is that the 3-Ring he worked in spent the colder months in Winter Park.

I've noticed his boots in the past and was wondering why the toe box tipped upwards so unnaturally.

Maybe Haley can loan him some real high heels so he won't have to fake it anymore.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Any masochists watch the Haley/DeSantis debate tonight? DeSantis - I thought - was on fire. Very confident and fluid. Haley seemed uptight and petty, though knowledgeable.

Ultimately, I agree with Chris Christie; anyone who can’t say Trump is unfit to serve are themself unfit.

Nobody was brave enough to say “Trump is unfit” or “He deserves a presumption of innocence until the trials and we can withhold judgment until then.”

Just slinging mud at each other while pretending the guy in first place doesn’t exist. I guess this is really a race to not be last, or at least make it until the first ballot is cast.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
more DeSadness

“So Governor, can you tell us what they should be harder on him about? His indictments? Attempts to overturn the election? Lying about you and his opponents? Inciting an insurrection?”

“Oh no, that’s all woke garbage, I’m just mad he didn’t build the wall. What’s up with that?”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Now the DeSadness regime runs afoul of Bill O'Reilly

Always singing a different song when they have to play by the rules they make.

What an arrogant asshole to think kids should be reading your book, but you get to be the arbiter of what others can read. 🖕 off Bill.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
More like DeFeat.

IMG_1040.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2