The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
A candidate for local office has been indicted for impersonating a public offical in claiming that his primary opponent's campaign signs were illegally placed so that he could steal them and then blame the kerfuffle on the other guy.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Voter suppression continues to be the name of the game, and the Supreme Court is leading the way.

(paywall removed)
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated a Republican-drawn congressional map in Louisiana that a federal judge had said diluted the power of Black voters.

The court’s three liberal members dissented.

The Supreme Court’s brief order, which included no reasoning, blocked the judge’s ruling and granted a petition seeking review in the case. The justices will, the order said, hold the Louisiana case while the court decides a similar one from Alabama in its next term.
As a practical matter, the court’s order ensures that congressional elections in Louisiana this fall will proceed under a map fashioned by Republican lawmakers, delivering a setback to Democrats, who face tight races in their bid to retain control of Congress.
Louisiana has six congressional districts, and about a third of its population is Black. According to one measure in the 2020 census, the state’s Black population grew by 3.8 percent in the preceding decade, while the white population declined by 6.3 percent.

After the census, the State Legislature, controlled by Republicans, enacted a voting map with a single district in which Black voters made up a majority. Gov. John Bel Edwards of Louisiana, a Democrat, vetoed the map in March, saying it was “simply not fair to the people of Louisiana.” The Legislature overrode the governor’s veto.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nutjob Mary Miller defeated moderate (by today’s standards, anyways) Rodney Davis for congress. Yuck! Neither are anything to brag about, but Davis was your run of the mill, back bench Republican.

Maybe if he had any courage at all before Trump, he’d be returning to congress. Not sad to see him go, but his replacement is far worse. They were drawn into the same district.

This actually gives dems a chance to pick up the seat, it was pretty close in 2018 when Davis defeated his democrat opponent.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Republican Agenda:

220627-darren-bailey-jm-1512-7b44b8.jpg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I wonder if this could be it's own series or thread, but here we go again GOP debates among themselves...

When you see these things you realize that if they brought back the old racist tests to determine if someone could vote as basic political literacy tests, 75% of these people couldn't vote let alone run for office. o_O🤦‍♀️

cher-mamma-mia-1524752519-1524752522.gif

"Mama Mia 2" gif if you're wondering why this is here.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Republican Agenda:

220627-darren-bailey-jm-1512-7b44b8.jpg

This guy is a complete doofus, and JB Pritzker was probably popping bottles when this dolt won his primary. He (Pritzker) spent money trying to run against this guy. And he has zero chance in Illinois. Not saying the tide will never turn in this state, but it ain’t gonna happen by November.

His campaign material was full of typos and errors, he puts his foot in his mouth when he speaks, he trashes Chicago…

Now, I’ll say this; he’s actually a nice guy. But he is totally unable to direct his amiableness into his campaign, because he’s as far right as they come. He only won because his biggest opponent - Aurora mayor Richard Irvin - was a moderate (who could have probably defeated Pritzker) who was bankrolled by billionaire Ken Griffin and couldn’t even tell the Republican primary voters if he voted for Trump or not.

Even in Illinois, these goons have to run all the way to the right to win a primary. In Bailey’s case, he was already there, and was the only authentic conservative who had a chance. The others were moderate nobodies pretending they were the only “real republicans” in the race. Voters saw that, and I reckon even a few republicans who cringe at Bailey probably voted for him because he was the only authentic guy in the race. He’s not like Trump - this guy thinks and believes what he says.

Still, even with the political climate, it’s insane this guy is the Republican nominee and de facto state party leader.

anyone that could think trump could manage anything like that is delusional.

Yeah, but who can forget a gem like “We have loopholes. They are called loopholes because they are loopholes”.

I have that written on a post-it and carry it in my wallet, lest I forget why a loophole is called a loophole.

True words of wisdom and inspiration.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have that written on a post-it and carry it in my wallet, lest I forget why a loophole is called a loophole.

If I ever struggle to remember the meaning of that term, I just think of The Loophole by Garfunkle & Oates, to which I will not link because it is stunningly vulgar. Funny, depressing and very nasty.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
If I ever struggle to remember the meaning of that term, I just think of The Loophole by Garfunkle & Oates, to which I will not link because it is stunningly vulgar. Funny, depressing and very nasty.
Nice. I'd seen some of their other videos, but not that one.

Top Bottom
1 2