The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Jesus, do the accusation confessions never end?

No. It never ends with these dipsticks.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I think that’s the new requirement to represent the R party.

BTW, loving the latest selection of avatars.

Yeah, I wanted to mock the Rambo Trump with a Hulk Biden, but the joke may have been lost.

So Larry David mocking Trump’s “Never Surrender” surrender mugshot does the job.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
g9axzwvuccrc1.jpeg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I usually don’t get offended immediately at these types of sighting, my brain usually goes to “how is this person intelligent enough to fill out the paperwork for that truck? Do they work?”

I look at these folks the same way they look at some minority petty criminal.

I’m starting to think the problem isn’t that they aren’t “being heard”, it’s that they’ve been listened to for way too long. I no longer care what bigots or racists have to say, it’s 2024, not 1824 or 1964 or even 1994. Catch up or keep whining, put your decals on your Trucks, but at some point, we’ve got to start disregarding totally unreasonable and irrational people, and treating their crimes the same way as anyone else.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The Tennessee state Senate has passed and sent to the House a bill meant to ban Chemtrails.

In a blatant act of trolling, one Senator slid in some amended language,
WHEREAS, it is documented, among those within the pseudoscience of cryptozoology,
that there exists a large and hairy human-like creature that inhabits forests in North America;
and
WHEREAS, this creature is commonly referred to as a yeti, Bigfoot, or Sasquatch; and
WHEREAS, it is the intent of this General Assembly to protect the public health and
welfare of Tennesseans and other creatures …

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was reminded recently of when Obama said rural Americans cling to their guns and religion. It was somewhat taken out of context but even in context it isn’t much better. In almost a Sanders or Trump type way he was saying both parties let them down and with no faith in either party on economic issues they instead vote based on their social values. Clearly Republicans have taken advantage of this as they repeatedly get voted into office in some regions and repeatedly fail on economic improvements, and I’m not sure if this happens locally, but from outside those areas it appears they never get called to task on that. Although, you could say the existance of MAGA is being called to task.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
The immigrants who were flown to Martha's Vineyard are entitled to sue Vertol, the air carrier that took them there.

A Massachusetts district court judge dismissed three counts levied against the Florida-based company but ruled Vertol must face the eight remaining counts. The judge dismissed the state actors, including DeSantis, as defendants in this case, after determining the court lacked jurisdiction.

Desadness remains an unrepentant asshole.

A spokesperson for DeSantis’s office said in a statement: “As we’ve always stated, the flights were conducted lawfully and authorized by the Florida Legislature. We look forward to Florida’s next illegal immigrant relocation flight, and we are glad to bring national attention to the crisis at the southern border.”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
SUCK IT racists.

Let’s give these conservatives and others in the area a round of applause for defeating hatred in their backyard.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We had a minimum wage hike in CA and a lot of people are freaking out, not because the kajiilionaires at the top get to keep making their kajillions, but because they might have to pay a dollar more for a big mac to keep said kajillionaires making kajillions while blaming the struggling minimum wage worker. Priorities.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We had a minimum wage hike in CA and a lot of people are freaking out, not because the kajiilionaires at the top get to keep making their kajillions,

Well they're not all kajillionaires.

But for the purpose of discussion, for a healthy economy, do you think it is better to have 20 people employed at $16/hr or 16 people employed at $20/hr. Payroll costs would be the same.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
But for the purpose of discussion, for a healthy economy, do you think it is better to have 20 people employed at $16/hr or 16 people employed at $20/hr. Payroll costs would be the same.

Not really, though. Every person on the payroll costs the company money other than just wages. If you can get the job done with fewer people, it will simply cost you less, any way you look at it. That has been standard business for just about ever.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Not really, though. Every person on the payroll costs the company money other than just wages. If you can get the job done with fewer people, it will simply cost you less, any way you look at it. That has been standard business for just about ever.

When talking benefits yes, but for straight payroll costs which are used for everything from FUTA/SUTA, liability insurance, worker's comp, etc. They use the bottom payroll number, which my example would be the same.

Not many fast food workers get benefits.

I'm not going to bitch about CA. What's going to happen is going to happen whether I complain about it or not. But there are reports of small business owners closing up shop. Are they outliers used to promote a story or is there a significant number of them to move the needle. I don't know and neither does anyone else.

But what I do know is these owners will start investing more heavily in technology and as more do this, the prices of this tech will come down, so more will invest in it. Guess who is at the end of the line? The workers.

So who care's if a Big Mac costs a dollar more. Well probably people who eat a lot of meals at McDonald's, which tend to be lower income. So while large operators make a lot of money, the average McDonald's produces $140-160K. A lot of money if you own ten, but not really a lot if you own one. One thing is almost as certain as death and taxes and that is if prices go up, people will buy less. A BigMac is a fungible good, lots of easy substitutes like packing a ham sandwich for lunch. So prices go up, sales go down creating a squeeze.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
When talking benefits yes, but for straight payroll costs which are used for everything from FUTA/SUTA, liability insurance, worker's comp, etc. They use the bottom payroll number, which my example would be the same.

Not many fast food workers get benefits.

I'm not going to bitch about CA. What's going to happen is going to happen whether I complain about it or not. But there are reports of small business owners closing up shop. Are they outliers used to promote a story or is there a significant number of them to move the needle. I don't know and neither does anyone else.

But what I do know is these owners will start investing more heavily in technology and as more do this, the prices of this tech will come down, so more will invest in it. Guess who is at the end of the line? The workers.

So who care's if a Big Mac costs a dollar more. Well probably people who eat a lot of meals at McDonald's, which tend to be lower income. So while large operators make a lot of money, the average McDonald's produces $140-160K. A lot of money if you own ten, but not really a lot if you own one. One thing is almost as certain as death and taxes and that is if prices go up, people will buy less. A BigMac is a fungible good, lots of easy substitutes like packing a ham sandwich for lunch. So prices go up, sales go down creating a squeeze.

What if the execs left the prices alone and took home ten million dollar bonuses instead of twenty five million dollar bonuses? Or is that forbidden in the rules of capitalism? Is the rule written in stone than the consumer and the worker are always reamed first?

Also, stop me if you’ve heard this before… how about a fair tax code? It hasn’t been tried, maybe it will work. Lots of systems of fairness seem to work pretty well in practice.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well they're not all kajillionaires.

What if 40 people were employed at $20/hr and the CEO earned M$30 instead of M$40. That’s where the real problem lies, the folks at the top who are, essentially, hoarding money, while the people at the bottom are working two $8/hr jobs to make ends meet.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A victim of cancel culture and anti-white racism! I feel for him, we’ve all been in that dark, low spot, robbed of our hard and honest earned wealth while sipping margaritas on a Pacific Island.

Top Bottom
1 2