What have you bought recently?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Shaving cream and razor blades. Not an exciting purchase. But what is different is where I decided to purchase them.

During lunch I stopped at Walmart for a few things since it is in the same shopping center as BW3. Went to the personal care area and found that both the men's shave cream and razor blades were now in a locked case. So I went in search and finally found an associate. Who didn't work in that department. So they called the person who is responsible for that department and a couple of minutes they showed up. Well, it seems only the managers have those keys so she called a manager and after waiting like 5 minutes, I thanked her and told her I had to go.

Came back to my office and ordered them from Amazon.

They won't sell many if customers have to wait for the person with the key to be found and then show up. I get why the razor blades are locked up, some packs can run $30+ and can easily be concealed. But shaving cream? It's $3-4. Now the really stupid part is none of the women's razor blades or shaving cream was locked up. It may be coming, but they were out in the open easily stolen. :(

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
51385385994_4c1eb0c699_z.jpg

Why post a random Funko Pop I purchased? Is it because it's an exclusive?

Yes, and No.

That is a Funko Popl I purchased today while at Walgreens picking up prescriptions.

It's also a Funko Pop sold by Funko online for their Summer event that was also supposed to be sold at Walgreens. A Summer event that I tried to purchase this Pop, only to find out they had a special sale for one hour that you had to get an invite for. Which in that time EVERY copy of this Funko was sold out.

Which meant what?

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 1.47.14 PM.png

Yes. You had individuals who somehow had almost one hundred copies of the Pop on sale for 4X the actual price on Ebay. That's also the cheapest price I could find, as some wanted 5X the retail price. Walgreens on their website had the item not for sale in store or on their website so myself & others gave up on getting this at retail.

Only to happily find that the store had two in stock today ( one of which I of course left for anyone else looking for one ) while doing an errand for someone else.

Okay, rant #4321 about flippers is now over. I thank you for your time.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
HA! Thanks. I have royal blue and a lovely deep purple sockinette too. Anything to make this wild (sometimes painful) ride a bit fun.
I have an assortment of compression sleeves (which I’m really bad about wearing). They come in all sorts of wonderful patterns and colors. I’m good about wearing them when I travel, but generally I don’t think about putting one on until my arm is so swollen that someone points it out to me.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I have an assortment of compression sleeves (which I’m really bad about wearing). They come in all sorts of wonderful patterns and colors. I’m good about wearing them when I travel, but generally I don’t think about putting one on until my arm is so swollen that someone points it out to me.
I hate anything compression wrap. 🥺
I hope you're feeling better.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Sony MDR-7506 headphones for computer work at the desk when using the speakers is not an option.

Looks like something from last century (no surprise there) but hey, so do I! They’ll do what I got them for just fine.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Pre-paid for my gas contract to make for a warm winter inside my house. Not too exciting in August when I shell out the dough. Starts to feel like the right thing to have done sometime in October.

Meanwhile back to the well thumbed pages of this book for awhile.

366 ways to cook rice, beans and grains - cover art.jpg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Braggart!
When you've tried & failed as many times as I have to get one...

You WILL brag.

No the problem is finding a place to put it, because the damn thing is so comically big.

The box it came in, could have been used to smuggle migrant children from the Walmart warehouse.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

You WILL brag.

No the problem is finding a place to put it, because the damn thing is so comically big.

The box it came in, could have been used to smugly migrant children from the Walmart warehouse.

I was shocked when I saw one in person, it's like a Star Trek conference room table ...

U

User.45

You WILL brag.

The box it came in, could have been used to smuggle migrant children from the Walmart warehouse.
It's quite funny. Target has some up every other Thur AM. I'll have to set up a system to alert me and get it in.
I refuse to pay scalpers, but I'll become one if this goes on.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It's quite funny. Target has some up every other Thur AM. I'll have to set up a system to alert me and get it in.
I refuse to pay scalpers, but I'll become one if this goes on.
Target is actually one of the more difficult places to try and buy one.

Reason? Unlike other sellers, Target is selling on hand stock, whereas everyone else mails you from their warehouses. So when you try to buy a PS5 from Target ( You may notice the alert goes up at 8AM EST on Thurs ) you are trying to buy from all your local ones who may get all of a whopping two disc versions & one ( yes, it may seem backwards but Sony makes more disc versions because that's what is in demand ) digital version. That's hundreds all trying to order 3 from one store. That also isn't counting scalpers using bots to try to buy at 7:59AM from multiple stores all at once.

Best Buy does something similar, where you are buying at specific stores. What Best Buy does though is a little different to try and cut down on the bots. BB has a set amount of PS5s that they sell in timed increments. So PS5's that are allocated to certain stores are available for 10 minutes or so, and you play the reverse 'whack a mole' game. You try order from your favorite BB, you get it in your cart, it gets taken out of your cart, and your told to look at another store. Repeat. Until you give up. Ten minutes later another wave starts, repeat. This system actually gives you a chance ( I won a pre order on the new Nintendo Switch ), but it's frustrating & you have to sit there for a half hour or so wondering if you are wasting your time.

Which brings us to Wal Mart. Which has a system similar to Best Buy, but NOT the specific allocation to stores to go pick up your system. Instead you are trying to buy from their warehouse, no chasing stock. Instead you order. You fail. Wait 10 minutes. You order. You fail. Wait 10 minutes. You order. You fail. You accept defeat & go on with your day like the loser in console gaming ordering you are. It's in that system I got my order, did NOT believe it, and got confirmation that in one month they would mail me one. Wal Mart has a reputation for out of the blue cancelling one's orders, so one month is plenty of time to cancel an order. Instead 2 weeks later I got an email saying my order is arriving the next day.

There's also a way to give yourself a very slight advantage by ordering thru the BB & Wal Mart app, just like when you try to order the latest Apple product and the store app seems to be more responsive then the sites.

If you are interested in trying to get one, you can follow this guy on Twitter.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1431232873999306757/

What's consider the best shot for getting one is Gamestop. What some places do to deter flippers / scalpers is bundle a bunch of things that raise the price to about $1K, and you are NOT allowed to return the accessories in the bundle. If you want to return, you have to return EVERYTHING. This is what Gamestop does.

To make money because it's Gamestop, they added that you have to join their store rewards program for $15. This gives you early access to buy PS5s when they come in stock. The idea being of course that not only do flippers / scalpers not want to buy bundles because it kills their profit, but regular buyers may object to paying for the rewards program they may not use. So more people have been successful there of late.

You can also always pay the flippers though...

The $699 price tag is the lowest I have seen, which may show that people are getting tired of the flippers.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Target is actually one of the more difficult places to try and buy one.

Reason? Unlike other sellers, Target is selling on hand stock, whereas everyone else mails you from their warehouses. So when you try to buy a PS5 from Target ( You may notice the alert goes up at 8AM EST on Thurs ) you are trying to buy from all your local ones who may get all of a whopping two disc versions & one ( yes, it may seem backwards but Sony makes more disc versions because that's what is in demand ) digital version. That's hundreds all trying to order 3 from one store. That also isn't counting scalpers using bots to try to buy at 7:59AM from multiple stores all at once.

Best Buy does something similar, where you are buying at specific stores. What Best Buy does though is a little different to try and cut down on the bots. BB has a set amount of PS5s that they sell in timed increments. So PS5's that are allocated to certain stores are available for 10 minutes or so, and you play the reverse 'whack a mole' game. You try order from your favorite BB, you get it in your cart, it gets taken out of your cart, and your told to look at another store. Repeat. Until you give up. Ten minutes later another wave starts, repeat. This system actually gives you a chance ( I won a pre order on the new Nintendo Switch ), but it's frustrating & you have to sit there for a half hour or so wondering if you are wasting your time.

Which brings us to Wal Mart. Which has a system similar to Best Buy, but NOT the specific allocation to stores to go pick up your system. Instead you are trying to buy from their warehouse, no chasing stock. Instead you order. You fail. Wait 10 minutes. You order. You fail. Wait 10 minutes. You order. You fail. You accept defeat & go on with your day like the loser in console gaming ordering you are. It's in that system I got my order, did NOT believe it, and got confirmation that in one month they would mail me one. Wal Mart has a reputation for out of the blue cancelling one's orders, so one month is plenty of time to cancel an order. Instead 2 weeks later I got an email saying my order is arriving the next day.

There's also a way to give yourself a very slight advantage by ordering thru the BB & Wal Mart app, just like when you try to order the latest Apple product and the store app seems to be more responsive then the sites.

If you are interested in trying to get one, you can follow this guy on Twitter.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1431232873999306757/

What's consider the best shot for getting one is Gamestop. What some places do to deter flippers / scalpers is bundle a bunch of things that raise the price to about $1K, and you are NOT allowed to return the accessories in the bundle. If you want to return, you have to return EVERYTHING. This is what Gamestop does.

To make money because it's Gamestop, they added that you have to join their store rewards program for $15. This gives you early access to buy PS5s when they come in stock. The idea being of course that not only do flippers / scalpers not want to buy bundles because it kills their profit, but regular buyers may object to paying for the rewards program they may not use. So more people have been successful there of late.

You can also always pay the flippers though...

The $699 price tag is the lowest I have seen, which may show that people are getting tired of the flippers.
Appreciate the tips! Sadly I've tried most of these before, except for trying to use the apps for purchase. I suspect that would be sufficient for me to get the priority for Target. The reason I like target is that I know when the window is and I don't have to waste a bunch of time.

Don't be fooled by the $700 mark on StockX, they add their own extra layer of scalping: $100 shipping. FTS.

Top Bottom
1 2