What have you bought recently?

U

User.191

Finally bought myself a new keyboard to replace my Logitech K750 - The Logi MX Keys for Mac.

Getting used to the slightly different (weighter) keypresses but so far I'm liking it.

Still got my K750 but I was really wanting a good Bluetooth keyboard that I could use with both my Macs and this fit the bill perfectly.

That and with backlit keys I can now use it at night when I just need to get a bit of work done without waking up too much. :)

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I'd love to have the MX Keys, but I'll have to receive it as a gift. It's too expensive for me to purchase for myself. I have purchased 2 or 3 of Logitech's K380s (I think that's what they are) that work great, and I spent less than $20 USD for each of them.

U

User.191

I’m still saving my shekels for a new 16” MBP with M2 processor. The latest news sounds promising.
I'm torn...I was seriously, oh so seriously, going for an iMac, but then I found out that it's not supported Targeted Display Mode for yonks. Then I was gonna go for a Mac Mini but was also looking to replace my old 2015 MBP.

Oh, who needs a new roof, hot water tank and replacement double-glazing? New Mac's are more important, right?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Finally bought myself a new keyboard to replace my Logitech K750 - The Logi MX Keys for Mac.

Getting used to the slightly different (weighter) keypresses but so far I'm liking it.

Still got my K750 but I was really wanting a good Bluetooth keyboard that I could use with both my Macs and this fit the bill perfectly.

That and with backlit keys I can now use it at night when I just need to get a bit of work done without waking up too much. :)

Damn you! You just cost me money. ;)

Not for the keyboard, but now I have to go ahead and buy that refurbished iMac Pro to match. :eek:

Been looking at one for a while now, just hoping the price of a refurb would come down a bit. But nope, they are holding steady.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m still saving my shekels for a new 16” MBP Mac Mini [Pro] with M2 processor. The latest news sounds promising.

:D

The "Pro" thing is really super wishful thinking, it doens't really need the pro label, I just need OOTB support for two 4-5K displays, 4-6 ports, hell, it can be upgradeless for all I care.

I still need to sit down and figure out my post-M-processor-workflow, I might need some private time with @MissNomer

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You may need permission from Mrs MissNomer first...

Seriously though, I might tap into to some of your existing ITK-ness, since my intent is to totally bail on machine-local Winders™ (i.e., VM/Parallels), though my simplest option is to just rebuild a couple of a my rack boxes with some fresh components and setup network-local resources.

It's not something I need to consider for a few months, but I'll start a thread, maybe get some additional insight [from you] when the time comes.

U

User.191

Seriously though, I might tap into to some of your existing ITK-ness, since my intent is to totally bail on machine-local Winders™ (i.e., VM/Parallels), though my simplest option is to just rebuild a couple of a my rack boxes with some fresh components and setup network-local resources.

It's not something I need to consider for a few months, but I'll start a thread, maybe get some additional insight [from you] when the time comes.
Always willing to help a fellow soulless buffoon trying to wade their way through the Mac life while still having to live in a Windows dominated existence.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The Sundial app. Hah, just so I can set an alarm with crickets singing at sunset.... even during winter!

It also has phases of the moon and assorted watch-dial faces for various related data you can select to display on your iPad, phone or watch. Fun!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Everyone is awesome.
1628683697598.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Bought myself and my wife a couple of Christmas gifts. Shirts. Just shirts. AZ Cardinals shirts.

See we are moving to AZ within a year or so and that is not sitting well with the M-I-L. And since this might be the last Christmas in this house, we are hosting. And on Christmas evening, the Cardinals are playing the Colts. Her entire family is from Indy. So we are going to receive these shirts as gifts Christmas morning, so we can wear them during the game that evening. That is the real gift. :D

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Any issues with getting ⌘X, ⌘C and ⌘V to work?

I simply get ≈, ç, and √ from those combinations. Google was no help.

Top Bottom
1 2