Millions will be dangerously shocked when Biden gets sworn in

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Funny, the electoral votes of Alabama didn’t get challenged. I wonder who they voted for? So, they just want to make it abundantly clear: they are only going to challenge electoral votes in states they lost, because those are the only places with fraud? And they didn’t challenge House or Senate races that went FOR republicans in states won by Biden either. Seems like they really are doing this based on evidence and principle, and not purely political reasons at all, hm

All the obstructionists do is guarantee a formal split in the Republican Party down the road because a party just can't bury something like this in the dusty chronicles of "intraparty disagreements". That designation is over how to phrase a sentence in a platform plank. These antics in Congress today are the sprouted seedlings of sedition.

It's going to be a problem for the Biden administration... just as the coup pretenders want it to be. It's their floor for a four-year attempt to shadow-govern the USA from some media outlet yet to be stupid enough to sign up for it.

His speech is conciliatory to the Dems - if the GA result had been different, would he have a different speech? He knows he is a minority now.

McConnell would not have joined the obstructors in his party on this matter. He was on record already with respect to that. He's a cynic but he is not crazy.

What Schumer is saying now is true, that's it's nuts for us to have arrived at a place where it's considered an act of political courage just to accept the results of a certified election.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I appreciate Schumer’s comment about how half the country has been conditioned by this president to believe that losing an election must be theft. He’s not wrong.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
These people have broken into the Capitol rotunda. Reports say tear gas is being used and members of Congress are being told to put on hoods that are normally provided in case of terrorist attacks. 😳 A congressman on the phone is saying they are being evacuated.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Rep. Elissa Slotkin is saying Trump incited this riot, and she’s absolutely right. Arrest that son of a bitch! 😡😡😡

And later get as many IDs as you can from the video and arrest those bastards too.

And is Trump asking these people to stand down? No.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Capitol police appear to be demonstrating a lot of restraint. Funny how police handling peaceful protests involving BLM never showed that restraint. If those cops were in charge of this, we’d have multiple fatalities in the crowd already.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They are just waiting for backup and positioning themselves. I’ll bet they’re prepping for some kind of coordinated dispersal attack: pepper spray, tear gas, whatever.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Capitol police appear to be demonstrating a lot of restraint. Funny how police handling peaceful protests involving BLM never showed that restraint. If those cops were in charge of this, we’d have multiple fatalities in the crowd already.
Let's be blunt. Capitol police are showing restraint they haven't shown EVER before.

This shitshow is way out of control

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1346890835212840964/

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
They have to do this - meticulously - by the book.

For reasons of optics, for reasons of democracy, for reasons that (silly second amendment notwithstanding) the exercise of armed force (even if at the behest of an elected chamber) has no place in an elected chamber of public representatives, except when seen to be expressly subordinate to, and answerable to, the will of those elected representatives.
They are just waiting for backup and positioning themselves. I’ll bet they’re prepping for some kind of coordinated dispersal attack: pepper spray, tear gas, whatever.
I would expect so.

At least, I hope so.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Am reading - reported by the Guardian, quoting the Washington Post - that the Defence Dept (under the recenty appointed acting secretary, Christopher Miller, who was appointed to replace Mark Esper, who had been fired by Mr Trump) has just denied a request from the DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.

Top Bottom
1 2