_57P4852-Edit.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Sun rising on Alcatraz Island, had to plan this whole shoot carefully as it's a long flight there and back.

That's pretty cool! I was wondering when you might do an Alcatraz drone vid.

If you were interested and looking for a project... I bet you could use your video as a calling card along with a written proposal (and maybe a storyboard) to the National Park System (who oversees and manages Alcatraz) to do a more in-depth drone study of Alcatraz.

Say, operating from Alcatraz over a 3-4 day period, hopefully with permission to go below minimum flight levels outside. It could be also be interesting in Alcatraz's indoors spaces, which are generally large, some which the general public never gets to see. They might even give you access to what the prison was built on top of - a Civil War era military fortress and prison in a maze of tunnels and prison cells going back to the 1850s, still in relatively good condition, sitting underneath Alcatraz that most people don't know about.

Just thinking out loud. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That's pretty cool! I was wondering when you might do an Alcatraz drone vid.

If you were interested and looking for a project... I bet you could use your video as a calling card along with a written proposal (and maybe a storyboard) to the National Park System (who oversees and manages Alcatraz) to do a more in-depth drone study of Alcatraz.

Say, operating from Alcatraz over a 3-4 day period, hopefully with permission to go below minimum flight levels outside. It could be also be interesting in Alcatraz's indoors spaces, which are generally large, some which the general public never gets to see. They might even give you access to what the prison was built on top of - a Civil War era military fortress and prison in a maze of tunnels and prison cells going back to the 1850s, still in relatively good condition, sitting underneath Alcatraz that most people don't know about.

Just thinking out loud. :)
That would definitely be a fun project and something I’m interested in. Lately I’ve been contact by local municipalities interested in my work, I could very well hear from someone with those sort of ties. Let’s see where it goes, I like your thinking here.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That would definitely be a fun project and something I’m interested in. Lately I’ve been contact by local municipalities interested in my work, I could very well hear from someone with those sort of ties. Let’s see where it goes, I like your thinking here.

No doubt in my mind you would nail it and produce amazing works.

Top Bottom
1 2