photo of the day | july 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope everyone here had a pleasant 4th yesterday.

View attachment 24692
At times it seems like I have to remind myself this is my favorite country, I’m so busy pinging on it, but this is what happens in families when you see someone close (fellow citizens) , who means something to the country you cherish, running amuck, you just don’t stay quiet.

Katbel

Site Champ
Staff Member
Reaction score
POTD July - 1 (2).jpeg

Southern Catalpa : seen it in Vancouver BC

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
At times it seems like I have to remind myself this is my favorite country, I’m so busy pinging on it, but this is what happens in families when you see someone close (fellow citizens) , who means something to the country you cherish, running amuck, you just don’t stay quiet.

It's a complicated and nuanced relationship. Like most things in life, there's no perfection.

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
.. blackberry update -- a photo from my neighbourhood walk yesterday morning -- these were 'the' most advanced blackberries observed - so still quite a way to go, at our location, here in Burnaby, BC, before they'll be ripe. I hope to be able see some ripe ones - not as easy as it used to be - most of the bushes have been cut away due home construction, "weed" control, and such, and any left (on some property borders and the like), the berries are soon picked, and usually well before they have really ripened. Hard to believe, in serason, I used to walk out and come back with quarts of ripe berries at a time a few years ago - and chilled with ice cream ..... yum.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
.. blackberry update -- a photo from my neighbourhood walk yesterday morning -- these were 'the' most advanced blackberries observed - so still quite a way to go, at our location, here in Burnaby, BC, before they'll be ripe. I hope to be able see some ripe ones - not as easy as it used to be - most of the bushes have been cut away due home construction, "weed" control, and such, and any left (on some property borders and the like), the berries are soon picked, and usually well before they have really ripened. Hard to believe, in serason, I used to walk out and come back with quarts of ripe berries at a time a few years ago - and chilled with ice cream ..... yum.

View attachment 24716
My mother used to pick wild elderberries from along the side and make elderberry jam every year.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My mother used to pick wild elderberries from along the side and make elderberry jam every year.
When I was child we used to go to a local farm to pick strawberries. And my Granparents on their farm had a large Concord grape vine growing on a fence that produced terrific tasting fruit, plucked fresh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2