Photo of the Day, October, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not much of a landscape shooter but the other evening I noticed how the sun was setting and shining directly on the yellow-orange leaves of the trees behind some of the buildings at the end of the lake, so grabbed the camera and fired off a shot. Actually, I'm glad I did, because that night we had a lot of rain and wind and many of those leaves are now gone.

Autumn Twilight.jpeg

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a landscape shooter but the other evening I noticed how the sun was setting and shining directly on the yellow-orange leaves of the trees behind some of the buildings at the end of the lake, so grabbed the camera and fired off a shot. Actually, I'm glad I did, because that night we had a lot of rain and wind and many of those leaves are now gone.

View attachment 1105
Well done, this is a great capture.

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well done, this is a great capture.
Thank you! I had stepped out on the deck for some reason and when I saw that scene I knew I had to capture it, and that I had to move quickly, too, as the light was slowly decreasing, Picked up the RX10 M4, which was sitting nearby on a table, and hurried out there to get the shot. I was rather pleased with how it came out.

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Two of the eight Hooded Mergansers who were swimming around on the lake the other day; don't know if these two are a "couple" or not, but the black-white-and-brown one staring at the camera is male, the one with the unruly reddish "hair" is a female.

It's Nice to Be Back On This Lake, Isn't It?.jpeg

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Aw, dagnabbit!! I did it again!! (Made this same mistake a couple of days ago on MR!). Duh, I wonder when my brain will finally catch on that it IS November!!?!! Well, pfooie, I am just going to leave my Mergansers swimming around comfortably in the October thread even though, yeah, it's now November.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom