Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I know that is the narrative the left likes to throw out there, but that isn't it.

He just had a certain appeal to those who believe the elites that run the Government don't care about them. And that is elites in both parties, which somewhat explain the Republican never-Trumpers. He was the one who was willing to upset the apple cart to see what fell out and that scared some people for a couple of reasons. One, it could loosen their grip on power and second, reveal things they wanted to keep hidden.

Another part of his appeal was he was willing for fight back. Sometimes this was good, other times it made him look thin-skinned. And other times he picked fights he didn't need to pick. Fighting back was good, starting fights was bad. The GOP hasn't had anyone really willing to fight since Reagan.

And yes, he wanted to secure the border. And yes that meant keeping "brown" people out. But even Newsom is getting concerned that we are not doing our job securing our border. Sorry, but not everyone gets to live in the USA. But just because we don't want anyone who wants to cross the border to be allowed to do so doesn't mean we hate "brown" people.
Sorry you can spin it any way you like. However the true base are indeed the ones that people don't care about, because they are intolerant of the differences of other people. People who really are Trumps base don't want to feel bad about their hate for things different, and don't want to have to be quiet about it anymore as well.

Does that make all Trump supporters bad people? No, but the true base the ones that feel like they were left behind, didn't like having to accept gay marriage, immigrants, minorities buying homes in predominantly white neighborhoods, equality and diversity at work, and being told maybe we should cut back on stuff so other generations can enjoy this world.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was that because of Trumpism or Trump? He and his brand have become toxic, but the underlying reasons for his appeal are still out there.
Just what is the underlying appeal?
  • This guy is Santa, going to give ME everything I want.
  • He’s all about White Privilege, and those Ns and LGBTQ will pay.
  • He’s a big crook, but I’m part of his Cult, so I’LL come out ahead.
  • He‘ll rip those liberals a new one, tear down authority, but I’ll be better off.
  • Fascism? No problem when I’m one of his enforcers.
  • He’s the Devil, but he’ll make Christianity the State Religion.
Do you want to know what Trump did to me? I’ll tell you anyway. :D He’s shaken me to my core, because I did not realize the corrosive appeal this man had for millions of citizens ready to chuck everything thing the country is supposed to stand for If they think they personally will benefit from the catastrophe

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Just what is the underlying appeal?
  • This guy is Santa, going to give ME everything I want.
  • He’s all about White Privilege, and those Ns and LGBTQ will pay.
  • He’s a big crook, but I’m part of his Cult, so I’LL come out ahead.
  • He‘ll rip those liberals a new one, tear down authority, but I’ll be better off.
  • Fascism? No problem when I’m one if his enforcers.
  • He’s the Devil, but he’ll make Christianity the State Religion.
Do you want to know what Trump did to me? I’ll tell you anyway. :D He’s shaken me to my core, because I did not realize the corrosive appeal this man had for millions of citizens ready to chuck everything thing the country is supposed to stand for If they think they personally will benefit from the catastrophe

Trump followers don't think they are a cult though. Some of his fans do believe that they are Americans who are simultaneously devalued and taken for granted. They may well see all the media coverage of "the others" --people who are finally getting their civil rights recognized-- as a mortal threat to their continued (and exclusive) definition of what it is to be "American." And there are always white supremacist groups around to whip that sentiment up, on the ground and in social media.

There's also a subset of Americans who have no real clue what the federal government does besides make you fill out a lot of paperwork to get a lousy $300 back on your income tax return, and tell you that you'll be fined if you spill a pint of oil on the ground while you're working on your truck. So there are people who like the idea of disrespecting the whole idea of a federal government. It's pitched to them like a burden they must shoulder and carry from the age of first job to the graveyard.

Trump picked up on that resentment, and pitched derailing the deep state. The deep state is actually people like the workers out at Hanford, who on this very night make sure that the crap in those leaky barrels of nuclear waste will not light up the whole northwest corner of the country --not tonight-- while their colleagues continue the decades-long struggle for a practical solution to that terrible problem.

Most of us never heard of those guys. Certainly they are underappreciated. In fact, they might be fans of Donald Trump, ironically enough. A lot of us are Walter Mitty types, ordinary people who daydream about a different life or who imagine living a more dramatic one, a more secure one, more fun, more money... and we don't daydream about making sure some barrel of radioactive sludge doesn't leak into your cousin's well water tonight, or connect with something that says "ah we have enough for a launch!"

In the USA we don't celebrate ordinary workers. We celebrate... yeah, celebrities.

Trump has filled the bill for some of us ordinary Americans, ones whose lives feel rather grey and circumscribed by barely adequate education, a so-so job with few or no bennies and stagnant wages, a possibly ramshackle house or a worse apartment, entertainment limited to eating out once in awhile and otherwise watching TV. Or maybe we have a nice house and pay all our bills and keep the yard nice but we haven't bought a new truck in 17 years. We are invisible except on sitcoms, where... we are the joke.

But then along comes a real star like Donald Trump, one who makes a point of being so over the top that he's actually like a TV show, but he's the real deal. He tells the whole planet to fuck off. The Walter Mitty Americans don't really expect much from him. They think he's very fine the way he has been. Entertaining, crude, politically incorrect, clever enough to juggle financial problems until time to hand them off and let lawyers pick up the mess, disdainful of restraints, seemingly free to stick it to pols and other heads of state alike and pay no price for it: he's the stuff of a Walter Mitty American's dream.

He didn't win in 2020 because the novelty wore off. Irresponsibility showed through the glitter. Laziness. The constant lying. The morphing from chutzpah to lawbreaking. The whining. Those start to wear on ordinary Americans in real life, because they don't get away with that and bottom line they don't like it. But there are still those Americans who remember the glory days of the rallies and flags and dreams of being somebody else. Somebody like Trump!

I share your feeling of being shaken to the core, because I realize there are other Trumps out there with more careful approaches to doing whatever the hell they want, erasing bits of the Constitution, scrabbling to the top past the eventual rubber stamps of courts and congress alike and sticking it to the USA when they get there. And there's a readymade set of followers too, as the appeal of Trump himself fades away.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump followers don't think they are a cult though. Some of his fans do believe that they are Americans who are simultaneously devalued and taken for granted. They may well see all the media coverage of "the others" --people who are finally getting their civil rights recognized-- as a mortal threat to their continued (and exclusive) definition of what it is to be "American." And there are always white supremacist groups around to whip that sentiment up, on the ground and in social media.

There's also a subset of Americans who have no real clue what the federal government does besides make you fill out a lot of paperwork to get a lousy $300 back on your income tax return, and tell you that you'll be fined if you spill a pint of oil on the ground while you're working on your truck. So there are people who like the idea of disrespecting the whole idea of a federal government. It's pitched to them like a burden they must shoulder and carry from the age of first job to the graveyard.

Trump picked up on that resentment, and pitched derailing the deep state. The deep state is actually people like the workers out at Hanford, who on this very night make sure that the crap in those leaky barrels of nuclear waste will not light up the whole northwest corner of the country --not tonight-- while their colleagues continue the decades-long struggle for a practical solution to that terrible problem.

Most of us never heard of those guys. Certainly they are underappreciated. In fact, they might be fans of Donald Trump, ironically enough. A lot of us are Walter Mitty types, ordinary people who daydream about a different life or who imagine living a more dramatic one, a more secure one, more fun, more money... and we don't daydream about making sure some barrel of radioactive sludge doesn't leak into your cousin's well water tonight, or connect with something that says "ah we have enough for a launch!"

In the USA we don't celebrate ordinary workers. We celebrate... yeah, celebrities.

Trump has filled the bill for some of us ordinary Americans, ones whose lives feel rather grey and circumscribed by barely adequate education, a so-so job with few or no bennies and stagnant wages, a possibly ramshackle house or a worse apartment, entertainment limited to eating out once in awhile and otherwise watching TV. Or maybe we have a nice house and pay all our bills and keep the yard nice but we haven't bought a new truck in 17 years. We are invisible except on sitcoms, where... we are the joke.

But then along comes a real star like Donald Trump, one who makes a point of being so over the top that he's actually like a TV show, but he's the real deal. He tells the whole planet to fuck off. The Walter Mitty Americans don't really expect much from him. They think he's very fine the way he has been. Entertaining, crude, politically incorrect, clever enough to juggle financial problems until time to hand them off and let lawyers pick up the mess, disdainful of restraints, seemingly free to stick it to pols and other heads of state alike and pay no price for it: he's the stuff of a Walter Mitty American's dream.

He didn't win in 2020 because the novelty wore off. Irresponsibility showed through the glitter. Laziness. The constant lying. The morphing from chutzpah to lawbreaking. The whining. Those start to wear on ordinary Americans in real life, because they don't get away with that and bottom line they don't like it. But there are still those Americans who remember the glory days of the rallies and flags and dreams of being somebody else. Somebody like Trump!

I share your feeling of being shaken to the core, because I realize there are other Trumps out there with more careful approaches to doing whatever the hell they want, erasing bits of the Constitution, scrabbling to the top past the eventual rubber stamps of courts and congress alike and sticking it to the USA when they get there. And there's a readymade set of followers too, as the appeal of Trump himself fades away.
In essence he appealed to mostly the white people who feel like they’ve lost their privilege, entitled to the good life that got flushed as Corporate America trashed the Middle Class over the last 50 years.

The real problem in this calculation is not that he pretends to be to be a populist looking out for average folks, the HUGE problem is that he is a corrupt, mentally ill POS, lazy, but self-serving LIAR, a travesty in leadership, arguably not bright at all when it comes to anything other than appealing to angery people*, and that these citizens don’t care about any of that, nor the damage he has wrought.

*And if I feel like being unkind, describe them as some combination of his sheep, suckers, Koolaid drinkers. Jonestown is the perfect example of what happens when weak minded, or would that be average people(?) when exposed to this kind of persuasive vilany? I’d say snap out if it already! 🤔

I guess because they are mad and will be happy to tear it all down, if they think in the end their situation will improve, even if that means the destruction of the democracy. Yeah Fascism is not so bad as long as I end up on top, said as I picture mobs of brown shirts in Nazi Germany roaming the streets trashing the businesses of those who “stole their good life”…

As long as people spouting Trumpisms can get elected carrying that torch, even if it’s a smarter torch, we as a Nation are in serious trouble. It can also be argued that Capitalism is headed towards it’s own collapse because in the simplist terms as long as ME>WE, and millions who missed out on that promised good life…we are in jeopardy.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
In essence he appealed to mostly the white people who feel like they’ve lost their privilege, entitled to the good life that got flushed as Corporate America trashed the Middle Class over the last 50 years.

The real problem in this calculation is not that he pretends to be to be a populist looking out for average folks, the HUGE problem is that he is a corrupt, mentally ill POS, lazy, but self-serving LIAR, a travesty in leadership, arguably not bright at all when it comes to anything other than appealing to angery people*, and that these citizens don’t care about any of that, nor the damage he has wrought.

*And if I feel like being unkind, describe them as some combination of his sheep, suckers, Koolaid drinkers. Jonestown is the perfect example of what happens when weak minded, or would that be average people(?) when exposed to this kind of persuasive vilany? I’d say snap out if it already! 🤔

I guess because they are mad and will be happy to tear it all down, if they think in the end their situation will improve, even if that means the destruction of the democracy. Yeah Fascism is not so bad as long as I end up on top, said as I picture mobs of brown shirts in Nazi Germany roaming the streets trashing the businesses of those who “stole their good life”…

As long as people spouting Trumpisms can get elected carrying that torch, even if it’s a smarter torch, we as a Nation are in serious trouble. It can also be argued that Capitalism is headed towards it’s own collapse because in the simplist terms as long as ME>WE, and millions who missed out on that promised good life…we are in jeopardy.

Yep, there's a large component of armchair quarterbacks in the USA who think all pols are the same and all corrupt, that the federal government is bogus for sure (and maybe the state one too, depending on which ox just got gored), and even when not bogus, then not operating on behalf of ordinary people.

Blanket allegations like that --even when more than a tinge of smoke hangs around them-- can be patently untrue in the details, case by case, and yet amount to conventional social media wisdom at the very least.

However, if one feels that way then it's perhaps not such a big deal to vote for a selfish but entertaining "clown" who in reality is a danger to the freedoms he's sworn to protect for all of us in the Constitution.

There's a disconnect between anger and constructive action in a lot of us. I can understand it sometimes but I wish I understood it well enough to be more of a positive force for change even in the edges of my own village. Politics does make its way (fairly politely) during those gossipy little chats at community events, like fire hall fundraisers for new EMS equipment, or pancake breakfasts for the roof repairs fund at a local church. Still the level of cynicism today can make you feel like you're shoveling sand against the tide, even if (as for me last summer) one is a Democrat but points out something of value that a Republican state assemblyman has helped bring about for the community.

I figured that in a conservative community that sort of reminder would make a point about "not all" pols being corrupt and self serving. But I was surprised at the feedback as we edged towards the serving tables for that pancake breakfast. Stuff like "yeah but if you look into how he did that, it turns out to be just more of one hand washing the other."

Thinking about that, I said "Sure but that really is a part of politics in a democracy... like a state senator says ok if you vote for my bill to expand the county fairgrounds to the east, then I'll take my amendment for putting lower limits on that public health budget off the table." But no, I couldn't sell that idea in. People may well like thinking that all pols are all the same sort --all lazy grifters all the time-- because it excuses their not spending any time looking into the details or confronting a pol who does ignore ethics or the laws. But the truth, in a vibrant democracy, is that compromise on legislative goals is necessary.

I still think that the larger electorate lumped in as part and parcel of the "Trump base" are not anywhere near as homogenous in their outlook as Trump's cult-like hard core followers --the so loud ones!-- have made it seem for so long. I also wonder how many trolls (Russians, anarchists) have showed up in their trucks or boats with American flag rallies for Trump during his campaigns.

It may not take a village to raise a child but it's possible it takes more than a few thousand trolls to keep right wing populist anger revved up for six years, in a country that still operates as a center-right democracy. The trolls may not share the same agenda at all, past keeping the ambience one of incipient unrest. Their overall effect though has been merely to magnify the importance of Trump past what it is to many, perhaps most of the people who voted for him.

Bottom line it does us no good to just berate "pro-Trumpers" when we don't know how they got to thinking he was their guy to begin with. Charisma, celebrity worship, borrowed R policy planks... Some of those voters are retrievable at least into the folds of a decent conservative party. That would represent a step back from lemming-like approach to a Trump faction's signoff on outright fascism. I would expect to see that shift towards more traditional conservatism proceed apace as the pre-2024 primary season rolls out, especially if Trump keeps up his grfiting clown show from the sidelines of a party unsure of its direction.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
...Bottom line it does us no good to just berate "pro-Trumpers" when we don't know how they got to thinking he was their guy to begin with. Charisma, celebrity worship, borrowed R policy planks... Some of those voters are retrievable at least into the folds of a decent conservative party. That would represent a step back from lemming-like approach to a Trump faction's signoff on outright fascism. I would expect to see that shift towards more traditional conservatism proceed apace as the pre-2024 primary season rolls out, especially if Trump keeps up his grfiting clown show from the sidelines of a party unsure of its direction.

Part of the question about the "electability" of DeSantis, or any other potential Republican candidate, is what will Trump's true base do in the general election. Will they vote for the candidate who beat their idol? Or will they stay home and fume in anger?

lizkat

Reaction score
Part of the question about the "electability" of DeSantis, or any other potential Republican candidate, is what will Trump's true base do in the general election. Will they vote for the candidate who beat their idol? Or will they stay home and fume in anger?

We don't know, right? But if Trump runs as a third party candidate, his fans will vote for him. If he doesn't run but is wacko enough to actively "non-endorse" the GOP's nominee, it will be interesting to see if they decide to sit the election out.

Is he crazy enough to run around talking trash about the 2024 GOP nominee? Maybe not, but he'll still be in a rage and his ad hoc public remarks or TruthSocial posts will sometimes probably be derisive. "See he's four points down and they know I'd be 20 points up by now... serves them right..."

That's the stuff of GOP nightmares for 2024. The only way they can ever free themselves from the deadweight of Donald Trump is to disavow him and his unhelpful attributes and move on -- but also to take their lumps in the short term with whatever is the impact of losing that little cushion they had with Trump's most hard core base.

The rest of the conservatives over time will support the R against a D on right-leaning fiscal and cultural policy the same as before. The real question becomes whether the mini-Trump candidates and officials floating around now will muddy that shift, or fade away themselves when the whole schtick they have of modeling Trump's excesses continues to prove unattractive to independent voters.

It's possible we only think that the losses Trump has brought to the GOP in 2018, 2020 and 2022 have taught them a lesson they're actually willing to call good enough to act on. From the way people like McCarthy and Stefanik et al talk now, they may not be ready to cry uncle yet. Shrug: that works fine for the Dems in 2024 then, since the Ds need all the help they can get due to a tough Senate class to defend.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
We don't know, right? But if Trump runs as a third party candidate, his fans will vote for him. If he doesn't run but is wacko enough to actively "non-endorse" the GOP's nominee, it will be interesting to see if they decide to sit the election out.

Is he crazy enough to run around talking trash about the 2024 GOP nominee? Maybe not, but he'll still be in a rage and his ad hoc public remarks or TruthSocial posts will sometimes probably be derisive. "See he's four points down and they know I'd be 20 points up by now... serves them right..."

That's the stuff of GOP nightmares for 2024. The only way they can ever free themselves from the deadweight of Donald Trump is to disavow him and his unhelpful attributes and move on -- but also to take their lumps in the short term with whatever is the impact of losing that little cushion they had with Trump's most hard core base.

The rest of the conservatives over time will support the R against a D on right-leaning fiscal and cultural policy the same as before. The real question becomes whether the mini-Trump candidates and officials floating around now will muddy that shift, or fade away themselves when the whole schtick they have of modeling Trump's excesses continues to prove unattractive to independent voters.

It's possible we only think that the losses Trump has brought to the GOP in 2018, 2020 and 2022 have taught them a lesson they're actually willing to call good enough to act on. From the way people like McCarthy and Stefanik et al talk now, they may not be ready to cry uncle yet. Shrug: that works fine for the Dems in 2024 then, since the Ds need all the help they can get due to a tough Senate class to defend.

We "know" the only way Trump wouldn't win the GOP's nomination would be because of massive wide spread blatant FRAUD!!! And does Trump really care about the GOP if they don't nominate him? I suspect he'd be more intent on getting revenge, which could lead to some of his hard core base sitting out the election instead of voting for the GOP nominee....just like some Bernie supporters were too angry to vote for Clinton in 2016.

I suspect that "Trumpism without Trump" will have a voter turn-out problem in 2024

lizkat

Reaction score
We "know" the only way Trump wouldn't win the GOP's nomination would be because of massive wide spread blatant FRAUD!!! And does Trump really care about the GOP if they don't nominate him? I suspect he'd be more intent on getting revenge, which could lead to some of his hard core base sitting out the election instead of voting for the GOP nominee....just like some Bernie supporters were too angry to vote for Clinton in 2016.

I suspect that "Trumpism without Trump" will have a voter turn-out problem in 2024

It may depend on outcome of some of Trump's legal issues. Even if he can continue his halfbacked candidacy (which I figure is just to haul in dough he needs for legal expenses) the hard-core base is not big enough to turn an election on a third party line even if they all vote for him on that line. His take might not even be big enough to split the GOP very badly. A majority of Rs don't want him to run at all even though they think he might be able to win a primary (which belief I think is delusional).

The other conservative voters who at least in 2020 were really just "for Trump" because he was not "the Democrat" would likely vote for the Republican nominee, e.g. DeSantis if he's who wins the primaries.

You're right though that the overall right-leaning turnout in 2024 might be reduced, even if it's traditional conservatives staying home too.

A lot of those right-leaning but not-Trump fans likely aren't so fond of R culture wars to the extent that people like DeSantis and other extreme-R pols have taken those battles in Florida, Georgia, Texas etc. They'd never vote for a D though, so if the R candidate is Trumpish they might sit it out unless the downballot Rs in their state have a really strong appeal in 2024. Where the state is safely red they're not likely to bother going to the polls to cast a blank at the top and R downballot.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
It may depend on outcome of some of Trump's legal issues. Even if he can continue his halfbacked candidacy (which I figure is just to haul in dough he needs for legal expenses) the hard-core base is not big enough to turn an election on a third party line even if they all vote for him on that line. His take might not even be big enough to split the GOP very badly. A majority of Rs don't want him to run at all even though they think he might be able to win a primary (which belief I think is delusional).

The other conservative voters who at least in 2020 were really just "for Trump" because he was not "the Democrat" would likely vote for the Republican nominee, e.g. DeSantis if he's who wins the primaries.

You're right though that the overall right-leaning turnout in 2024 might be reduced, even if it's traditional conservatives staying home too.

A lot of those right-leaning but not-Trump fans likely aren't so fond of R culture wars to the extent that people like DeSantis and other extreme-R pols have taken those battles in Florida, Georgia, Texas etc. They'd never vote for a D though, so if the R candidate is Trumpish they might sit it out unless the downballot Rs in their state have a really strong appeal in 2024. Where the state is safely red they're not likely to bother going to the polls to cast a blank at the top and R downballot.

I don't think he's apt to run as a 3rd party candidate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him tell his supports to punish those cheating "RINO never-Trumpers" by not voting for a GOP nominee.

lizkat

Reaction score
I don't think he's apt to run as a 3rd party candidate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him tell his supports to punish those cheating "RINO never-Trumpers" by not voting for a GOP nominee.

Fitting payback to the GOP for ever having thought they could manage downsides of "Trump being Trump."

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Second best case, maybe first best case. A split GOP would be golden for 2024. But Trump is still a Villian who need to be neutered.
Right now the Dems in Congress are trying to ban Shit Head from running for 2024.

lizkat

Reaction score
The real problem with DeSantis is that his policies are costing Florida taxpayers some very big bucks in court, attempting to defend his "anti-woke" maneuvers and bills he has signed into law while in office. The four law firms that have taken on 15 lawsuits so far have solid Republican connections, e.g. staff includes GOP lawyers who are among Florida's former federal or state elected officials. So it's a cozy sort of arrangement, win or lose. The tab to the collective "Florida man" taxpayer so far is $16.7 million and counting.

The firm that has raked in the most money — $5.9 million — is the boutique Washington, D.C. law firm of Cooper & Kirk. When Florida retained the firm in 2019, one of its top lawyers was Adam Laxalt, a Republican former Nevada attorney general who ran unsuccessfully for U.S. Senate this year. Laxalt was DeSantis’ roommate during training at the Naval Justice School in 2005 and the governor endorsed and raised money for Laxalt’s failed Senate campaign.

The Cooper & Kirk firm is a favorite among D.C. conservatives. It represented U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Missouri, during his 2016 campaign for Missouri attorney general and previously employed U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Arkansas.

The firm with the next largest book of business defending the governor’s culture war policies is GrayRobinson, which has been paid a total of $5.2 million for work defending DeSantis policies, state records show.

The Florida-based firm has 14 offices in Florida and one in Washington, D.C. It has a long history of current and former Florida elected officials among its high-ranking staff.

lizkat

Reaction score
Aside from lawsuits, and taxpayer expense, DeSantis' caper with the migrant flights has drawn new scrutiny due to some efforts to keep certain details off government records altogether.

Yes and the alias for that email account was... Clarice Starling. A little tidbit for film fans, why not.

Last month, Montgomerie testified in a lawsuit seeking all public records that his company had turned over “every single” record. But the company did not produce the emails sent to Montgomerie’s AOL account from “Clarice Starling,” Keefe’s Gmail alias, a nod to the FBI trainee played by Jodie Foster in the movie “Silence of the Lambs.”

“The political caper continues unabated and that confirms suspicions that we had not received all the records,” said Michael Barfield, public access director for the Florida Center for Government Accountability, which is suing the state and Vertol to obtain migrant relocation records. The latest batch was released to the FCGA and the public Thursday after the governor’s office said it was previously “unaware of this email address belonging to Mr. Keefe.”

But Vertol was aware of it.

And now, the Florida Center for Government Accountability is aware of it. Who even knew there was such a critter in Florida government. Surely leaving that in place was an oversight when DeSantis became governor.

Anyway one never knows what rocks get turned up during discovery in so many lawsuits, eh? So now aside from lawsuits over the rights of the migrants and the taxpayers there will be an investigation of the propriety of the deal cut with Vertol by Mr. Keefe, who was formerly a Trump-appointed US Attorney for the Northern District of Florida.

As for Keefe’s previously secret backchannel communication with his former client, “I can’t tell if he’s working for Vertol still or the State of Florida,” Barfield said. “Mr. Keefe, who works for the governor’s office but was previously the attorney for Vertol, has a long relationship with him, is drafting the quote, the language for the bid, to submit to the DOT. We don’t think that that that’s proper,” suggesting instead “an ethical violation of the law.”

Records released by the state show Keefe and Montgomerie called or texted each other 33 times over the three days between when Montgomerie sent Keefe the contract proposal draft and FDOT and Vertol reached an agreement in principle.

Florida men, Florida men... but among them still remain a few guys with enough ethics to file lawsuits of apparent actual merit.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
this s a direct cause of his stupidity so he is getting the blame.
And here's more about the idiotic governor of Florida's efforts:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

lizkat

Reaction score
So Republicans DO support cancel culture then? I'm confused.

DeSantis Blocks AP African-American Studies Course for Breaking Florida’s Anti-CRT Law​

Oh another brilliant move. Honestly Florida is pathetic not to recall this guy. Hope this idea ricochets off DeSantis' tinpot dictator badge and lands in court, the same as that "anti-CRT" law should do if it's not already on some docket.

Top Bottom
1 2