The Biden Administration

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
None of us here has the information or, probably, the expertise to accurately gauge the extent of Joe Biden’s cognitive impairment. However, as someone about a decade his junior, I’m often impressed by his ability to deal with the myriad issues a U.S. president faces daily.

What’s not in doubt is Biden’s compassion and care for all his constituents, not just the ones who voted for him. His administration has made meaningful progress, despite an opposition that thwarts his efforts at every turn.

The difference between Biden and Trump couldn’t be more stark. Trump is a worthless grifter who shouldn’t be running a business, let alone the country. He is a clear and present danger to the U.S. and the world. Trouble is, many of his supporters are too stupid or blind to see he doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

Whatever Trump did or you think he did or what he will do is 100% completely irrelevant to Biden's cognitive condition.

I'm starting to think he owns real estate in lots of people's heads. Like Hillary does with the right.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think cognitive as well as physical exams are a good idea for all sitting members of the government (particularly Diane Feinstein, but that’s off topic).

Anybody running for president should have to win a government and history knowledge contest against an immigrant who just became a US citizen.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Did you want Trump to take a cognitive test?

Yes.

Sometimes you just need to give in to the other side knowing it will come back to bite them in the ass.

This is one of those times. Good for the Goose, good for the Gander.

Right now I would kind of like to see the Dems take the Senate +2 and go ahead and do away with the Filibuster.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Sometimes you just need to give in to the other side knowing it will come back to bite them in the ass.

It's a real shame there are political sides (parties) that need to be defended and that more or less require citizen alignment with one side/party or the other.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's a real shame there are political sides (parties) that need to be defended and that more or less require citizen alignment with one side/party or the other.

I wonder what will become of the two major parties in 20 years. As more and more voters register as Independents, will a party's influence become less and less?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And the Right baulked at the suggestion. Would you respect the same for Biden?

Sure some did. I really didn't care figuring he would pass it.

But I am going to guess those opposed fall into 2 camps: 1) Those who were afraid he wouldn't pass it and 2) Those who just wanted to oppositional.

Which camp are those who support Biden in?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sure some did. I really didn't care figuring he would pass it.

But I am going to guess those opposed fall into 2 camps: 1) Those who were afraid he wouldn't pass it and 2) Those who just wanted to oppositional.

Which camp are those who support Biden in?

Why not give Biden the test, apparently its pretty easy and Trump gave all the answers.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV

My point is, why bring up any type of restriction or test on Biden that the Trump administration or GOP wouldn't allow/blocked. Trump created the new precedent so the idea that you can now subject Biden to those same things the Trump/GOP wouldn't allow is a non starter. My measuring stick is not what Herdfan "claims" he would have liked to seen done, but what actually happened.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The left clamored for Trump to take a cognitive test. Would you support the same for Biden?

Absolutely. I have no issue with that. Would you even believe the results if he did? Especially if he came out and said “I got, quite frankly, the highest test they had ever seen. Many people think this test is one of the most difficult, and I did better on it than anyone had done before.”

You said you didn’t care if Trump took a test or not because you felt he’d pass it. How on earth can you then think Biden wouldn’t? Do you think Trump is sharper, in any way, than Biden, and what is that based on?

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You said you didn’t care if Trump took a test or not because you felt he’d pass it. How on earth can you then think Biden wouldn’t? Do you think Trump is sharper, in any way, than Biden, and what is that based on?

Right?

Trump spews out incoherent nonsense, lies, fantasies, never any objective data or measures, he dances around like a halfwit - and that's NOW, and he's not even running the country.

Meanwhile, Biden is actually running the country, dealing with the Ukraine/Russia conflict, still handling Covid, juggling Federal support for things like hurricane relief, working on improving infrastructure/insurance/rights, you know, actually getting shit done, is still able to speak pretty coherently - and yeah, in a few moments here and there a name or number gets confused in the middle of an unscripted bit of public communication.

Fuck me, these are not equivalent ...

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Biden is actually running the country,
Saw this on Twitter a couple weeks ago and I laughed hard.

4661482A-E3CD-4DAD-86FD-93410AD351C9.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Absolutely. I have no issue with that. Would you even believe the results if he did? Especially if he came out and said “I got, quite frankly, the highest test they had ever seen. Many people think this test is one of the most difficult, and I did better on it than anyone had done before.”

Ummm...... Maybe looking for a dead Congresswoman.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Considering the huge number of issues/problems/situations/etc any US president faces daily, many of enormous weight with significant consequences for the US, a country of 330 million people, I'm not concerned with that slip at all. It's mice nuts.

I am concerned with other matters, such as what his age would be in a 2nd term. I'm with David Gergan believing it's time for a new generation to take the reins. And that goes for House and Senate members as well.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yeah, okay.

What do you think the odds are that the first paragraph of Biden's obituary will highlight that moment.

What shall we figure might be featured in the first para of Trump's obit?

If I were kin and had even to summarize --never mind explain-- these guys' lives to the next generation, I'd far rather be dealing in the facts of Joe Biden's life rather than that of Donald Trump.

We are all more than what we have on offer during our least impressive moment. And we're all less awesome day to day than at the wrap of our most amazing achievement.

On balance though, with these two guys? To me the life of Trump is already a distant runner-up to that of Joe Biden in terms of public leadership and service.

That disgrace of an ex president Trump can never catch up in value added as a public servant to Americans. That's even if Biden has more moments ahead like fond remembrance of a seemingly absent Congresswoman than he ever gets to have in front of a camera signing key legislation.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ummm...

“I went to an Ivy League school. I’m very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words…but there is no better word than stupid. Right?”

“Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice,”

“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,”

On using disinfectants to kill covid... “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

“This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water.”

"Despite the negative press covfefe,"

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Trump is not President. Biden is.

So whatever Trump did, might have done or will do is not relevant to Biden's mental capacity. Nor is statesmanship or demeanor or anything else you might want to use to compare his personality to Trump. Biden's cognitive ability is what we are discussing, not Trump's personality.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Trump is not President. Biden is.

So whatever Trump did, might have done or will do is not relevant to Biden's mental capacity. Nor is statesmanship or demeanor or anything else you might want to use to compare his personality to Trump. Biden's cognitive ability is what we are discussing, not Trump's personality.

Right.

Again, Biden's slip about the Congresswoman is mice nuts.

With respect to running the country as President, I've seen no evidence his decision making capabilities are in decline.

Top Bottom
1 2